Gunners set for summer spending

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 122
  • Views Views 6K
Exacly that, they bought a inexpirienced CB last season in Koscielny for 9bloody million!!!

...who's had an excellent season bar the CC Final and a couple of hic-ups which are to be expected in your debut season. Just like David Luiz, who's younger than him and has also had some hic-ups and was signed for £20+M. Just because Chelsea and Utd overpay, doesn't mean we have to.

right then, You list a ball winning, determined midfield player, In his prime and a ready made international star, available for under 5million?

Then do the same in CB, St please, if it is so easy in this newly inflated market.

Fortunately, I'm not a scout. I never said Arsenal don't need to spend big, just that it isn't absolutely necessary like Cjacko said.

And what winning mentality does Parker have. An intertoto cup, a relegation and a few England caps? Samba, bottom half of the table. Cahill was part of a Bolton side who's form dropped so badly they got hammered by Stoke in an FA cup semi final. There are players like Marcos Senna, who while maybe a year too old now would have been available for cheap, has tremendous experience.

If arsenal lose nasri and fabregas, they have to bring in top quality players to replace them. It looks like they're looking in to gervinho which would be a good signing, but i also think they should look into hamsik, i think its about time he goes to good club!

Fortunately, I'm not a scout. I never said Arsenal don't need to spend big, just that it isn't absolutely necessary like Cjacko said.

And what winning mentality does Parker have. An intertoto cup, a relegation and a few England caps? Samba, bottom half of the table. Cahill was part of a Bolton side who's form dropped so badly they got hammered by Stoke in an FA cup semi final. There are players like Marcos Senna, who while maybe a year too old now would have been available for cheap, has tremendous experience.

Sorry, I never registered an need for an player who have won loads of stuff, I have said they need a certain mentality of players. I never said a player who has won a load of stuff...

If arsenal lose nasri and fabregas, they have to bring in top quality players to replace them. It looks like they're looking in to gervinho which would be a good signing, but i also think they should look into hamsik, i think its about time he goes to good club!

Napoli did challenge for Seria A...

...who's had an excellent season bar the CC Final and a couple of hic-ups which are to be expected in your debut season. Just like David Luiz, who's younger than him and has also had some hic-ups and was signed for £20+M. Just because Chelsea and Utd overpay, doesn't mean we have to.

Im sorry but even if i wasent unbiased i would say Luiz has more about him than Koscielny. Also Chelsea had to pay that much because he was part owned by 3rd partys and sell on clauses. Benfica got a very small ammount of the fee in fairness. Also in terms of Luiz vs Koscielny, Luiz was much more expiriences at club and international level and thats why you pay more.

Because you don't need world class players to win your league. You need poor/slightly better than Crawley standard players to have a title challenge in the SPL.

Last time I checked Adam was a Rangers reject, now look at him ;)

Last time I checked Adam was a Rangers reject, now look at him ;)

He got relegated from the premier league and now hes going to sit on Liverpools bench?

I fail to see your point.

But they both have expirience, grit and determanation which is somthing Arsenal massivly lack. Its not necessary to spend big but in this day and age and for what Arsenal need they will have to spend big.

Sorry, I never registered an need for an player who have won loads of stuff, I have said they need a certain mentality of players. I never said a player who has won a load of stuff...

Sorry then got you mixed up since practically everyone says they need a winning mentality. The players being tossed around are all just experienced. If experience at just playing is all that's needed, why do Arsenal need anyone at all - their squad has a fair few seasons now competing and winning a top 4 spot, they need someone to instil a winning mentality to prevent them collapsing at March.

But i personally don't think that the Seria A is the greatest of leagues, well compared to the premier league that is.

Seria A is no where near as good as it used to be but....Napoli are rapidly on the rise again. They are in the CL next season so if he is happy then why should be move?

Im sorry but even if i wasent unbiased i would say Luiz has more about him than Koscielny. Also Chelsea had to pay that much because he was part owned by 3rd partys and sell on clauses. Benfica got a very small ammount of the fee in fairness. Also in terms of Luiz vs Koscielny, Luiz was much more expiriences at club and international level and thats why you pay more.

Well you are biased so let's ignore that shall we? They're similar players, at a similar level - Luiz is better in the air, they both play quite risky games - getting tight to their man and going for challenges early. Luiz has had some good games, and some poor games.

5 Senior caps and 2 Yth Caps is hardly experienced at International Level. 94 top flight appearances in total vs 65. Not a massive difference. And you still paid £25M for him - regardless of who the money went to. So you've paid more for 7 caps in total and less than 30 more top flight appearances. K.

Sorry then got you mixed up since practically everyone says they need a winning mentality. The players being tossed around are all just experienced. If experience at just playing is all that's needed, why do Arsenal need anyone at all - their squad has a fair few seasons now competing and winning a top 4 spot, they need someone to instil a winning mentality to prevent them collapsing at March.

They need someone who has experience and has that Gritty determined attidude. A parker, someone who can drag the players through in the harder times, moments, games of the seasons. That is what they are missing.

But they both have expirience, grit and determanation which is somthing Arsenal massivly lack. Its not necessary to spend big but in this day and age and for what Arsenal need they will have to spend big.

Well now you're backtracking from this:

Arsenal need expirienced players who know what it feels like to win things on a regular basis and they do not come cheep.

And how has Cahill shown grit and determination? His side collapsed even more than Arsenal did at the end of the season. European contenders to 14th in the PL, FA Cup Semi which they lost 5-0 to Stoke. Cahill is too similar to Vermaelen and is, again, the same age. He's hardly that experienced compared to Samba, who's 27 and has made nearly 150 PL apps. I'm not his biggest fan, but he's a better option than/provides what we need more than Cahill.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

They need someone who has experience and has that Gritty determined attidude. A parker, someone who can drag the players through in the harder times, moments, games of the seasons. That is what they are missing.

How did that work for West Ham by the way?

Agree with that, but Vermaelen? And Parker's just been relegated, he's not going to cost £20m. Players don't get priced on their ability to shout at people unless you're maybe a 'keeper and defender though, so it's not as if you're paying a premium on that.

Well now you're backtracking from this:

And how has Cahill shown grit and determination? His side collapsed even more than Arsenal did at the end of the season. European contenders to 14th in the PL, FA Cup Semi which they lost 5-0 to Stoke. Cahill is too similar to Vermaelen and is, again, the same age. He's hardly that experienced compared to Samba, who's 27 and has made nearly 150 PL apps. I'm not his biggest fan, but he's a better option than/provides what we need more than Cahill.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

How did that work for West Ham by the way?

But thats the problem, Arsenal need winners/expirienced and gritty players.

Gilberto Silva was an odd one, had a great season. Didn't play any of the next, he was experienced World Cup winner, could've really settle many nerves.

Back