Gunners set for summer spending

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 122
  • Views Views 6K
Seria A is no where near as good as it used to be but....Napoli are rapidly on the rise again. They are in the CL next season so if he is happy then why should be move?

I just think that surely he would love to move to a "bigger" club, with a better standard of league and still be playing the champions league. Also i've watched some of Napoli's games and i think he would be perfect in the arsenal side.

Gilberto Silva was an odd one, had a great season. Didn't play any of the next, he was experienced World Cup winner, could've really settle many nerves.

He's 34, 31 when he left us. He was getting too old, and Song has filled his boots very well. Right decision to let him go.

Well you are biased so let's ignore that shall we? They're similar players, at a similar level - Luiz is better in the air, they both play quite risky games - getting tight to their man and going for challenges early. Luiz has had some good games, and some poor games.

5 Senior caps and 2 Yth Caps is hardly experienced at International Level. 94 top flight appearances in total vs 65. Not a massive difference. And you still paid £25M for him - regardless of who the money went to. So you've paid more for 7 caps in total and less than 30 more top flight appearances. K.

But its still more expirienced and Europe was talking about Luiz, knowone hardly knew Koscielny before he signed for Arsenal. I understand on the whoes better is down to personal opinion but when you have to pay 3rd partys things get ugly and prices are risen massivly. Its the only reason Santos have asked for 40m for Neymar because his contract is hugely owened by a supermarket so Santos wouldnt get much of the fee.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Well make up your mind. Do we need winners, or do we need Cahill?

Thats the point, you need both types. Just my opinion.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

I just think that surely he would love to move to a "bigger" club, with a better standard of league and still be playing the champions league. Also i've watched some of Napoli's games and i think he would be perfect in the arsenal side.

He would fit in Arsenals midfield. I personly think Arsenal need to sell Fabregas (id take 25-30m for him) and play a midfield 3 of Song/Ramsey and Wilshere next season.

How did that work for West Ham by the way?

Oh come on Joss, that is low even for you, Parker managed to get a player of the year adward, at a bottom place club, if West Ham had 2 parkers they would of stayed up.

Agree with that, but Vermaelen? And Parker's just been relegated, he's not going to cost £20m. Players don't get priced on their ability to shout at people unless you're maybe a 'keeper and defender though, so it's not as if you're paying a premium on that.

10-12million i think, I never said they need to spend 20million.

Wenger is stubborn and will probably never change his stance, even if he never wins another trophy. Simple as that really.

Oh come on Joss, that is low even for you, Parker managed to get a player of the year adward, at a bottom place club, if West Ham had 2 parkers they would of stayed up.

Parker's a good player, no doubt. Overrated IMO because he was pretty much the only WHU who did anything, and being wanted by Spurs and Galatasary hardly inspires confidence. This "leader" **** is nonsense IMO. We need experience, but the English press massively overhype the need for Arsenal to change captain to someone who shouts and points and does this and does that etc. etc. etc. Xavi doesn't do it - he's VC for Barca. A lot of captains don't do that - Vermaelen does to an extent, but we can buy experience without having a "leader".

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Wenger is stubborn and will probably never change his stance, even if he never wins another trophy. Simple as that really.

Well that's an interesting view that's not shared by anyone else or ever printed in the press. Think of that one yourself? We refuse to pay over the odds for overrated players. Don't see much wrong with that - just as much risk in signing 20 year olds for £20M in signing them for £8m. Less risk, in fact.

Parker's a good player, no doubt. Overrated IMO because he was pretty much the only WHU who did anything, and being wanted by Spurs and Galatasary hardly inspires confidence. This "leader" **** is nonsense IMO. We need experience, but the English press massively overhype the need for Arsenal to change captain to someone who shouts and points and does this and does that etc. etc. etc. Xavi doesn't do it - he's VC for Barca. A lot of captains don't do that - Vermaelen does to an extent, but we can buy experience without having a "leader".

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Well that's an interesting view that's not shared by anyone else or ever printed in the press. Think of that one yourself? We refuse to pay over the odds for overrated players. Don't see much wrong with that - just as much risk in signing 20 year olds for £20M in signing them for £8m. Less risk, in fact.

If you don't pay over the odds, chances are you'll be left with mediocre players like Chamakh. Bargain basement, much. Arsenal are in a healthy financial position, and can afford to spend large amounts pretty easily. Based on the last few years, it's pretty obvious the team Wenger was building has not been successful, the likes of Denilson, Eboue, etc all proving to simply be ****. Players stagnating in their progress like Walcott, Clichy, Bendtner etc.

In other Arsenal news
"Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas wants to join Barcelona this summer, according to team-mate Bacary Sagna"

A never said you need a leader did i? I said you needed a gritty, determined player. there is a difference Joss, Not someone who shouts his mouth off, someone who leads by example through his shere passion and determination.

10-12million is hardly big money in today's market, even for Arsene. So what were we arguing for? :)

Exactly. Which is why I posted that stuff about Phil Jones and Gary Cahill and Chris Samba before. Everyone says we need a "winning mentality" and that that comes from having experienced winners in your side. None of those players have ever won anything, and Parker - despite his "leadership qualities", has only won an Intertoto Cup and been relegated.

I don't think somebody needs to have won a trophy to have a 'winning mentality' either. The only reason players like Samba and Cahill haven't won anything is because the quality around them simply isn't good enough, but I still think the attitude is there. For example, if you put Samba in the Manchester United squad and they won the Premier League again, has he miraculously gained a 'winning mentality'?

10-12million is hardly big money in today's market, even for Arsene. So what were we arguing for? :)

Because you said decided to pick up on my point over Gritty determined players and keep getting what i said confused with something Cjacko said. :)

Because you said decided to pick up on my point over Gritty determined players and keep getting what i said confused with something Cjacko said. :)

**** that Cjacko.

I don't think somebody needs to have won a trophy to have a 'winning mentality' either. The only reason players like Samba and Cahill haven't won anything is because the quality around them simply isn't good enough, but I still think the attitude is there. For example, if you put Samba in the Manchester United squad and they won the Premier League again, has he miraculously gained a 'winning mentality'?

Read my post a couple of pages back quoting CJACKO. Mentality is one thing. "Winning Experience" is another and what most people have said we need from what I've seen. We need experience, I completely understand that.

Arsenal will win a trophy next season, you heard it here first.

Arsenal will win a trophy next season, you heard it here first.

With the emergance of Liverpool and City getting stronger they will find it even harder than they have the last 7years. So i couldnt dis-agree more.

Back