Have/Do you live in the city of the team you support?

Have you ever lived in the city of the team you support?

• Aye

Votes: 75 68.2%
  • Naw

Votes: 35 31.8%

• Total voters
I live in Watford which is full of man utd and Chelsea etc fans.

I live in Maracay, a city from Venezuela that is waay far from San Cristobal (Deportivo Tachira's city), so the only way to see my team is when it comes to Maracay to play against the city team :)

nay live in san diego in usa to far from arsenal :'( i lived most of my life in acapulco mexico which still isnt anywhere near club america :'( watch them play every year since they come to san diego on their usa trip

AYE!!!! I live 10 minutes walk from Falkirk FC. Pish i know...but hey least we're not bottom of the league! :D

Nope I live in New England, USA so god knows I don't support my local club (not that the revolution are horrible, because they were/are considered a model MLS franchise, but the MLS as a whole is rather poor). Don't remember how I originally settled on spurs but have supported them for a long time now although I only ever managed to make it to one game.

To Above

I've watched the MLS over here a few times, found it quite enjoyable aswell. Although i'm not understanding the whole draft system?

I live in Ostend, on the Belgian coastline, but my heart lies with the purple and white from Brussels!

Nope. I live in County Durham - support Liverpool.
Still go to almost every single home (and away when at Newcastle, Sunderland and when Boro were still in the premiership).
****** expensive mind, spending £100ish every other week, but it used to be worth it.

Yes and no. I support Liverpool and Valur, and well I've never even been to England so that's a no for Liverpool, but I do follow Liverpool way more than I follow Valur after I moved from Iceland. But I lived like 3 minute walk away from Hlíðarendi which is where Valur plays home matches.

To Above

I've watched the MLS over here a few times, found it quite enjoyable aswell. Although i'm not understanding the whole draft system?

The draft is something that we have in all of our major American professional sports. It was probably just a way to try to make football fit in better with the mainstream audience over here. Anyways, every team gets a pick in each round of the draft, with the worst team in the league getting the first overall pick and the winner of the league getting the very last pick. So in theory, the worst team in the league will get the best new young talent and the 2nd worst team will get the second best young talent etc. It serves a few purposes. One, it evens out the competition as the worst team gets to sign the best talent that has chosen to enter the draft in that year. Two, most American footballers play in college teams and not in youth academy's so they do not belong to a team from a young age and thus the draft is their way of getting into the MLS.

If the MLS ever is the best league in the world (unlikely, I know) than the draft will be very exciting because all of the world's best talents would be more evenly distributed rather than ending up in the teams with the most money. It's a good idea but it only works if we are the best league in the world because honestly the talent that comes through the draft is not that great. In the NHL it works perfectly, Pittsburgh Penguins were the worst team in the league a few years back so they drafted Sidney Crosby, now they are a Stanley Cup competing team.

double no, i live in La Plata and River is from Buenos Aires (altough La Plata is a few miles away so i go to a lot of home games) and of course i don't live in birmingham, but one of my dreams is to travel to england and watch a game at villa park. Last year i almost did it, i was going to go with my dad to a lecture in Cardiff and then go to B'ham and London, but the lecture was cancelled :'(

I am from Singapore, so no. I support the team because the player that i like is in there.

Yes indeed, I was born here in Zaragoza and lived forever here.

im from warrington which is <30 minutes away from manchester and i go to uni at huddersfield and follow town - been to see a match or two and got a couple planned to go and see before i finish for summer, and i go to city matches when i get the chance to.
i naturally follow leeds too because of my dad

Nope, born in Portsmouth and will die in Portsmouth (unless i die in a plane crash or on holiday). I support Chelsea because my Dad supports Chelsea. Although he did support Leeds until 1970