hellroker

Reaction score
Hello all, this is the first tactic I have released for FM 2011. Well,I know that you guys might say that winning with the team I chose is pretty easy, but that is why I am releasing the tactic, so that you can test it with smaller sides.

So here it is!

The 4-2-3-1 Domination:

yqEU0.png

Player Roles:

GK: Goalkeeper - Defend. Classic Keeper (Akinfeev,Adler,Stekelenburg)

RB: Wingback - Attack Tackling,Marking,Crossing,Pace,Acceleration,Dribbling, Positioning. Aerial ability would be a bonus. (Lahm,Dani Alves,Srna,Gary Medel,Mariano)

LB: Wingback - Support. Tackling,Marking,Crossing,Pace,Acceleration,Dribbling,Positioning. Aerial Ability will be a bonus. (Diego Contento,Evra,Clichy,Coentrao,Bale,Pranjic

RCB: Limited Defender - Defend. Tackling,Marking,Bravery,Heading,Jumping,Strength,Positioning,Determination. (Badstuber,Mexes,Astori,Dante,Zapata)

LCB: Center Defender - DefendTackling,Marking,Bravery,Heading,Jumping,Strength,Positioning,Determination. (Van Buyten,Demichelis,Breno,Christian Ramos)

RCM - Ball Winning Midfielder - Support
Tackling,Marking,Bravery,Stamina,Strength,Work Rate,Passing,Teamwork,Aggression. (Luis Gustavo,Annan,Vidal,Vukojevic,Tymoschuk

LCM - Box to Box Midfielder
Passing,Marking,First Touch,Work Rate,Stamina,Strength,Determination,Technique,Long Shots. (Moussa Sissoko, Schweinsteiger,Khedira,Denys Garmash,Vladyslav Kalitvintsev

Wingers - Inisde Forward - SupportDribbling,Finishing,Technique,Acceleration,Pace,Passing,Crossing,Teamwork. (Robben,Ribery,Niakhaichyk,Muller.) Also remember, left footed for Right side and vice-versa.

AMC - Trequartista Passing,Dribbling,First Touch,Technique,Off the Ball,Creativity,Pace,Acceleration,Finishing. (Kroos,Muller,Ganso,Alex Teixeira,Lucas)

ST - Advanced Forward - Attack Finishing,Dribbling,Work Rate,Off the Ball, Stamina,Pace,Acceleration, Aerial ability is a bonus. (Gomez,Olic,Kießling,Fred,Thiago Ribeiro)

Now on to the screens:

Top of the league, having scored the highest number of goals, and just second to Schalke in the number conceded.
View attachment 147674

Here are a few results now:

View attachment 147670
Should I say anything? The scoreline says it all.

View attachment 147672
As said above. A much better team than Partizan as well.

View attachment 147673
A really good result, considering we were away from home against formidable opposition.

View attachment 147669
Their only shot on target turned out to be a goal, that too from a set-piece in stoppage time.

View attachment 147668
Total domination away from home, restricting the home side to just 2 shots and none on target. Should have scored more than two though ;)

View attachment 147671
Once again, a good result away from home against formidable opposition. They had more possesion, but hey we were playing away and its the quality of possession and not quantity that counts,doesn't it? ;)

Also, here are two of my top players so far.
View attachment 147675
The Croat has been in hot form, with 12 in 15 games including 6 assists as well. Was initially regarded backup to Gomez, but stepped up to the plate when Mario got injured, and has been sensational.

View attachment 147676
A player who has been integral to my success so far, Franck the Frenchman has got 12 goals in 14 matches, as well as 9 assists! Pity he got injured though :( Hope Niakhaichyk can do well too :)

Some More Things:
  • OI: Leave it to assistant :)
  • Touchline Shouts: Didn't use much. Used Pass into Space and Work Ball into Box
  • Match Preparation: I used Attacking Movement, may differ if you are a smaller team though.
  • Style of Play: In case you are a smaller side, you may change the philosophy to Balanced or Rigid and Starting Strategy to Control

Download Link
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=4748

Last edited:
Is it just me, or do all 4-2-3-1s seem the same? It looks very similar to something I had been working on, just haven't been able to get the midfielders right, maybe I should try a box to box as well then.

Olić in 5 international games 11 goals!? LOL.

On-topic, seems like a good tactic.

Your tactic is complete dominance from 2010 version?

I love that kind of formation but i can never get it to work with lesser skilled teams, i will give this a go but im assuming its one of those that are great for the good teams and not so much with worse off teams.

trying it with leeds btw

Will try it soon, looks good though mate.

Which team are you trying it with?

Your tactic is complete dominance from 2010 version?

Haha no, what makes you think that?

You play in patch 11.3 ?

Yep, patch 11.3 mate ;)

Would you advise changing some of the player roles?

Depends on your team really. If your AMC isnt that much of a goalscorer, then you could change his role to Advanced Playmaker

I love that kind of formation but i can never get it to work with lesser skilled teams, i will give this a go but im assuming its one of those that are great for the good teams and not so much with worse off teams.

trying it with leeds btw

Nice, should do well with Leeds. Becchio should be good upfront, I suggest playing Ross McCormack on the left, as his preferred foot is right, and get a nice Left Footed Right winger like Mehdi Carcela if he would want to join you.

nice Ajji :) as soon as you make a tactic that has the same setup as some of the more well known ones, people assume its the same tactic :) its madness ;) hahhaa....

looks good :) I have made one for Rooney as Amc in my Man Utd guide, he plays really well there :)

nice Ajji :) as soon as you make a tactic that has the same setup as some of the more well known ones, people assume its the same tactic :) its madness ;) hahhaa....

looks good :) I have made one for Rooney as Amc in my Man Utd guide, he plays really well there :)

Haha yea, Rooney would fit in my tactic as AMC perfectly as well ;)

View attachment 147984

Olic returns to goalscoring form after a 3 match drought. Unfortunately goes off injured, on comes the sub Gomez to score as well :) Happy that the injury was minor.

This tactic looks a beast! I always use this formation although sometimes i bring the wingers to the middle and play 3 AMC's.. will download and have a play :D

Nice tactic, used a similar one on FM10 for my Sunderland team, I think the only difference was I used a DLP instead of a box to box midfielder. It dominated all competitions so I'm pretty sure you're also onto a winner with that tactic there.