Hodgson backs Zamora for England

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 147
  • Views Views 6K
Not a chance. England will take four or five strikers, and they will be - Rooney, Defoe, Crouch, Agbonglahor, and either Owen, Heskey and Carlton Cole. Zamora couldnt hit a cows **** with a banjo.

I'm with Jack fulham, sure zamora isnt the best option but capello is the england manager and doesnt pick the 'big' name players he picks players who's on fire so lets wait and see in a few months time if zamora is playing well for fulham im sure he will make it to south africa.

I would prefer him to owen thats for sure. Yes owen would score a heck of alot more goals than zamora and is a much better finisher but knowing him he will just get injured the first minute he plays.

Last edited:
I'm with Jack fulham, sure zamora isnt the best option but capello is the england manager and doesnt pick the 'big' name players he picks player who's on fire so lets wait and see in a few months time if zamora is playing well for fulham im sure he will make it to south africa.

I would prefer him to owen thats for sure. Yes owen would score a heck of alot more goals than zamora and is a much better finisher but knowing him he will just get injured the first minute he plays.

I expect Capello to pick a few new players for the friendlies before the World Cup, some of the players in form at that time. If Zamora is to get on the plane to JoBurg, he needs to keep at the top of his game from now till the WC next Year.

I expect Capello to pick a few new players for the friendlies before the World Cup, some of the players in form at that time. If Zamora is to get on the plane to JoBurg, he needs to keep at the top of his game from now till the WC next Year.

Yeh i know mate, its highly unlikely but its always possible lol. But i think the five will be rooney, crouch, defoe, bent, heskey the only one who will definitely make it will be rooney if the others lose form they wont make it. Would of had dean ashton in the five but sadly he retired.

Last edited:
personally though i like zamora i cant see him playing in an england shirt, if i could take 5 strikers they would be as follows

Rooney
Owen
Bent
Defoe
Carlton Cole

Bobby Zamora scored twice in a thrilling 3-2 victory over Basel

Zamora score his 10th goal of the season in all competitions

Zamora commented by saying "Sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

"If the ball hits your head,
and you're sat in row Z,
that's Zamora!!"

Zamora is nowhere near England class.End Off.The four (or five) strikers should be Rooney,Crouch,Defoe,Walcott/C.Cole/Agbonlahor and Owen IF he is scoring goals. Heskey and Zamora are not good enough to play for Wales nevermind England

Last edited:
Zamora is nowhere near England class.End Off.The four (or five) strikers should be Rooney,Crouch,Defoe,Walcott and Owen IF he is scoring goals. Heskey and Zamora are not good enough to play for Wales nevermind England

Do you want to compare strike rates or not, Crouch offers no more than Zamora does to England, Zamora gets first team football every week, Walcott is not a striker and never will be, Defoe and Rooney are different types of players, as is Owen.

Ahh yes, we've hit page four of the great debate, you guys are well, 'Shortsighted'

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Sportsman bet Jack... I don't reckon he'll score 20 goals in all competitions by the end of the season! :P

I just hope your around at the end of the season Danny boy ;) so I can gloat

Ahh yes, we've hit page four of the great debate, you guys are well, 'Shortsighted'

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

I just hope your around at the end of the season Danny boy ;) so I can gloat

As shortsighted as Zamora shooting for goal?! :O

Pfft, he does like to get close, I suppose he is a Perfectionist Dan, watch him rip up the United defence on Saturday.....

Pfft, he does like to get close, I suppose he is a Perfectionist Dan, watch him rip up the United defence on Saturday.....

The only thing he'll rip up is the United turf as his lead boots dig up another divot in a pitiful effort to connect with the ball! ;)

I think if he continues like he is he could score more than 20!

Dan, I don't like this view of yours, the current situation at Pompey must have deluded you, it is the only solution ;)

You're right Jack... I guess people in glass houses (or tin sheds in Pompey's case!) shouldn't throw stones!

(The whole Portsmouth team have only managed to score five more league goals than Zamora by himself!) :(

True but Bobby is past his Dindane stage now, he's taken a while to settle in

Make that six more goals... we just scored against Chelsea! Play up Pompey!

Back