Homosexuality within sport

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 300
  • Views Views 17K
Status
Not open for further replies.
because it can take a whole load of your mind basically, and you don't have to live with hiding it from the press all the time or from anybody else

I think the whole cloak and dagger just makes the whole thing worse people don't go around to the press saying "Hi guys just want to let you all know I am straight yes I know...your all surprised what can I say I like women". They don't say that they just go about doing their own thing.

Personally I just think they should go and have ***/partnerships with whoever (consensual of course) they want. If the press asks them questions a simple "yes I am what's them problem?" will do, the whole 'having to come out' just dramatises the whole thing and it would be smoother and viewed normal if people just treated their sexuality as normal.

I think the whole cloak and dagger just makes the whole thing worse people don't go around to the press saying "Hi guys just want to let you all know I am straight yes I know...your all surprised what can I say I like women". They don't say that they just go about doing their own thing.

Personally I just think they should go and have ***/partnerships with whoever (consensual of course) they want. If the press asks them questions a simple "yes I am what's them problem?" will do, the whole 'having to come out' just dramatises the whole thing and it would be smoother and viewed normal if people just treated their sexuality as normal.

Because we naturally assume a person is straight until you are informed otherwise.

Should a straight person have to constrain himself? Not be seen with a woman in the public? Don't be so ridiculous.

Dont blast or hate me for saying my opinion. But i also hate gays...and i thing it's only normal to a heterosexual man to do so. Only thinking about what happens in their bedrooms makes me feel like vomiting.

Then I'd stop fantasising about it if I were you!

And i dont want to see any professional footballers to come out from the clauset. Because many people would see a gay when seeing this guy, not as a footballer. It could also ruin the gays future career. He could be kicked from the team...do you think your teammates would be ok with this?

Sure, it'd be okay with me. None of my business where they put their ***** in a consensual manner! And gays are normal everywhere, just look at the animal kingdom! 90% of giraffe *** is between males!

I would never be in a team with a gay.

But i also think that there are not many gay people that are professional athletes...

I thought gays like fashion and things like that...and not sports. But there are maybe few in the world of sports then...

A few? More like the standard 5%

If CR7 came out as gay, i would stop supporting him. I wouldn't care about him anymore either...

Why? Isn't he the same person as always?

I dont like talking about homosexuality because it makes me feel sick. But im also suprised that nowdays there are so many that support them suddenly. And people make it sound like it's normal suddenly....

Well, it's normal to them. I don't care what other people do in the safety of their own homes.

I personally think it's something that goes wrong in your childhood. i also like to look good..and care about my looks. But i dont read fashion papers or something. Or care about it so much.

However, science says no. Science says it's a combination of number of siblings, hormonal levels in the womb and some genetic predispositions, if I remember correctly.

Women are for men..they can have children together. Man and a man...they cannot. They aren't made for each other...

Gay Emperor Penguins serve a vital role - they take care of the young who've lost their parents. In nature, gays make sense. OMGOOGLES GAY ANIMAL ADOPTION!!!

Because we naturally assume a person is straight until you are informed otherwise.

Should a straight person have to constrain himself? Not be seen with a woman in the public? Don't be so ridiculous.

Not sure what you mean by your response?

I said a gay person should just do as a straight person does where did you see me mentioning constraint?

especially when you know the reactin would be so much worse than anything we have seen on here.
But that's where there seems to be a big mis-interpretation. I don't like gays (well, campness, but i'll just make it easier and say homosexuals) and think it's wrong as i've already said. However that doesn't mean i'll just start beating them up, or shouting abuse at a match. I think there's a big difference between people who think it's wrong though accept that it exists and largely ignore it (e.g. if a player said he was gay, even though i've gave my reasons alrdy why they shouldnt bother, i wouldn't give a ****, as I don't care about celeb's lives anyway). And then the people who think it's wrong and choose to act on this - homophobic attacks or abuse.

I doubt many of the anti-gay people in this thread will fall in the latter category. And if that's still a problem for you, you'll just have to accept it, because people will always have different opinions and views, largely because of their upbringing/religion/background. (Alot of the older generation would never accept homosexuality for example).

Tbh all 3 don't apply to me, having parents that accept it, and being an athiest, I just don't agree with the idea of it and that's that.

Not sure what you mean by your response?

I said a gay person should just do as a straight person does where did you see me mentioning constraint?

You're accusing them of hiding themselves. Have you not seen the thread? The problem is the abuse they face for coming out, not because they refuse to come out. And your comment about if a reporter asks them if they're gay they should reply honestly? Please show me a reporter asking that, how would you feel if someone asked you if you were gay?

Hey, I just thought, gay keepers would be great: well experienced at handling balls! Ba-dum-tish.

...I'll grab my coat.

But that's where there seems to be a big mis-interpretation. I don't like gays (well, campness, but i'll just make it easier and say homosexuals) and think it's wrong as i've already said. However that doesn't mean i'll just start beating them up, or shouting abuse at a match. I think there's a big difference between people who think it's wrong though accept that it exists and largely ignore it (e.g. if a player said he was gay, even though i've gave my reasons alrdy why they shouldnt bother, i wouldn't give a ****, as I don't care about celeb's lives anyway). And then the people who think it's wrong and choose to act on this - homophobic attacks or abuse.

I doubt many of the anti-gay people in this thread will fall in the latter category. And if that's still a problem for you, you'll just have to accept it, because people will always have different opinions and views, largely because of their upbringing/religion/background. (Alot of the older generation would never accept homosexuality for example).

Tbh all 3 don't apply to me, having parents that accept it, and being an athiest, I just don't agree with the idea of it and that's that.
again, we've seen that simply isnt the case, both from fashanu case, and the small reaction here

Your first mistake was to lump campness and homosexual into the same category.

Sure, maybe you won't, but a **** of a lot of others will. Nobody really cares if you dislike homosexuals, so long as you don't act upon it.

It wouldn't really work like that though. Be nice if it did.
They'd be the only openly gay footballer and so would have intense media pressure on them and would end up getting dogs abuse from the fans.
So they have to keep it hushed up and they'll have to until people become more tolerant. Unless they're willing to deal with the pressure on them.

I think the logical solution would be to put up a poll. Are you okay with homosexuality in football?

And then everyone who says no gets banned!

Simple (6)

I think the logical solution would be to put up a poll. Are you okay with homosexuality in football?

And then everyone who says no gets banned!

Simple (6)
lol im not even sure why im still on this, the more i read it the angrier i get

What about we put pink triangles on gay footballer's shirts? Just... in case, you know.

Your first mistake was to lump campness and homosexual into the same category.

Sure, maybe you won't, but a **** of a lot of others will. Nobody really cares if you dislike homosexuals, so long as you don't act upon it.

Tbh I quite like his view. I'm cool with people having homophobic views as long as they don't force them on others (and especially kids-- they're like sponges) in the same way I'd expect them to feel about me being ****. I won't gay them up if they don't punch me in the face because of it. 'Tis win-win.

What about we put pink triangles on gay footballer's shirts? Just... in case, you know.

I think we can stretch to that. Once we've established that, we can move on to "Achtung Juden!" post-it notes on every Jewish footballer's shirts, right?

You're accusing them of hiding themselves. Have you not seen the thread? The problem is the abuse they face for coming out, not because they refuse to come out. And your comment about if a reporter asks them if they're gay they should reply honestly? Please show me a reporter asking that, how would you feel if someone asked you if you were gay?
See this is the problem until people treat homosexuality as normal then people will always treat them differently. Yeah it will be difficult at the beginning but look at race for example people can't hide that they are black/brown (for example) many got racist comments and gibes sent their way but there is no reason for them to be ashamed about who they are and look where we are now it's not perfect but there is a lot less racism in football than before and it's still on it's way down.

I said if the press ask's then you should just respond honestly and treat it as though it's normal and you have nothing to be ashamed of.

BTW I know it will be a slow process societal attitudes are not known for sudden changes. I just think it will take a combination of attitudes changing and homosexual people treating their sexuality as normal.

Last edited:
See this is the problem until people treat homosexuality as normal then people will always treat them differently. Yeah it will be difficult at the beginning but look at race for example people can't hide that they are black/brown (for example) many got racist comment and gibes sent their way but there is no reason for them to be ashamed about who they are and look where we are now it's not perfect but there is a lot less racism in football than before and it's still on it's way down.

I said if the press ask then you should just respond honestly and treat it as though it's normal and you have nothing to be ashamed of.

Actually an interesting point. Of course, on the other hand sexuality is a much more private matter than race, which as you said is easily discovered.

I think we can stretch to that. Once we've established that, we can move on to "Achtung Juden!" post-it notes on every Jewish footballer's shirts, right?

Well, the Germans have started up again slyly with their new away strips and red captain's armband...(A)

I've been reading this thread, and there have been some really good comments, along with the bad lol.
Just been reading up on the Mafia, and it's against their codes to have homosexual relations...And it made me think, that as much as we may argue about it, In many circles, it isn't accepted. Like in Religion, (don't get me started on those hypocrites), The Mafia and more....
It's accepted amongst more people in this Country then, lets say, 20 years ago, but there is still Alot of Homophobic people in this country. So, yeah, there's my thought....if you're a footballer who is gay, then you probably should keep it quiet....and if you're in the Mafia, then dont be gay. lol

@drezzy
If someone's a gay footballer they should, if anything, be more vocal to buck the trend. If someone's in the Mafia, they say can't decide not to be gay. But try and keep on topic, there's another thread for religion.

I wish some top footballers would actually come out as gay since it'd be a MASSIVE boost to the gay community -- one of my closest friends is gay but scared to come out as some of his teammates are really homophobic. If he could say, for example, "Yeah, but so what -- [insert player] is gay and he plays for [insert team] and is a quality player". Would be a way of kicking some prejudice outta every day life as well as the pros' lives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back