Homosexuality within sport

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 300
  • Views Views 17K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Urrr, it's not about getting married in a church, it's about getting married at all. In a church or not is up to said church's owner (or whatever the religious version of that is). For example, there's a gay vicar in my town and she'd happily marry 2 guys or 2 girls. Others may not be thusly inclined...

I think they should have the same rights....but one thing they are trying to push trough is that they could have the wedding in the church.. or how do you say it in english. Im against it.

And i think thats wrong..many people vote "yes" for gay weddings...even if they actually dont care about the subject.

I think you shouldn't vote if you dont care about the subject. You should have an real opinion..that you belive in. Not just support gays because you are scared that if you dont you get slagged...like im being now.

I dont give a **** if you slagg me for having an opinion. But i think homosexuality is a sin and thats it!

How the **** is it a sin?

How is it suddenly a defence for being discriminatory and offensive because you say "it's my opinion?". The KKK just had the opinion that Black people didn't deserve rights after all.

i actually agree with Madridista CR7 that there should be Gay marriages in church i don't agree with it you shouldn't force someone/ a faith to agree with something others agree with they can have a civil partnership which is ok imo

i actually agree with Madridista CR7 that there should be Gay marriages in church i don't agree with it you shouldn't force someone/ a faith to agree with something others agree with they can have a civil partnership which is ok imo
Churches aren't forced to have gay weddings...

I don't give two ***** if someone if gay or not, but ******* snoods in football annoy me. Man up you little soft *****.

QFT.

The gay people I know are ripped and can kick ***, no need for your sexuality to tell you how to play a football match.

I think this is the first thread I've read here that has made me genuinely angry. Some of these comments are beyond belief. I know it's a minority, but this really shows that football has a long way to go in terms of acceptance. I really hope it becomes open to everyone eventually, although some of the attitudes here cause me to doubt that.

I think this is the first thread I've read here that has made me genuinely angry. Some of these comments are beyond belief. I know it's a minority, but this really shows that football has a long way to go in terms of acceptance. I really hope it becomes open to everyone eventually, although some of the attitudes here cause me to doubt that.

know exactly where you're coming from. I just think people need educating from an early age, and some countries could use it too. Would've "liked" the comment, but there's been so many sensible comments here i've exhausted them lol

It has left me rather depressed, 2 of my direct family are gay and it is very hard not to take this personally. I have defended my brother when a man assaulted him, been present when the man who raised me was belittled and taunted. How naive of me to have thought that homophobia was decreasing, but if this thread is reprasentative of our society then it leaves me deeply saddened for our future.

Why do you even need to tell the world your sexuality anyway??? Just play your **** football.

Agree with everything you have said.

In fact I am going to demand whenever I do a story on this site, that anybody who is homophobic doesn't comment on my thread.

Why do you even need to tell the world your sexuality anyway??? Just play your **** football.

because it can take a whole load of your mind basically, and you don't have to live with hiding it from the press all the time or from anybody else. Can't begin to imagine what it would be like to live with that sort of pressure

Last edited:
because it can take a whole load of your mind basically, and you don't have to live with hiding it from the press all the time or from anybody else
Football is football. I doubt when they're playing football for 90mins for 100k p/w they're thinking "if only this crowd knew I was gay and accepted it, i'd score 30 yard screamers all day long". Players don't get asked about their sexuality in a pre/post-game conferance so they've never had to hide anything.

Football is football. I doubt when they're playing football for 90mins for 100k p/w they're thinking "if only this crowd knew I was gay and accepted it, i'd score 30 yard screamers all day long". Players don't get asked about their sexuality in a pre/post-game conferance so they've never had to hide anything.

Yeah but 100k a week can't make the misery they feel go away

we are talking our their life away from football, really not hard to see how the two are linked.

If you spend all your time stressing about people finding out you're gay it will clearly affect your performances.

Read the Graeme Le Saux link someone posted earlier. In that he explicitly said that homophobic taunts put him off his game. Admittedly, that was when people thought he was gay and he wasn't but similar rules apply.

If you spend all your time stressing about people finding out you're gay it will clearly affect your performances.
especially when you know the reactin would be so much worse than anything we have seen on here.

in fact, we can ask justin fashanu. oh wait, we cant.... (yes my blood is starting to boil)

I really hate the bad connotations and beliefs about gay people. It's a choice and it's exactly the same as a heterosexual relationship (not *** wise obviously). I don't even see why it's seen as bad.. Historically I understand due to Catholicism etc.. but that doesn't apply to the majority of society today.

I think you are too transfixed on football now, surely it makes sense to have more people who are comfortable playing football. You never know, there could have been a new messi or pele who weren't allowed to train because they were 'camp'. Or they got bullied at training and stopped going. Your view is a very contextual one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back