How many trophies will Arsenal win?

Votes: 43 34.7%

Votes: 15 12.1%

Votes: 4 3.2%

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • [b]0[/b]

Votes: 60 48.4%

• Total voters
The Barca game is over a week after the CC final....

And with the FA Cup replay the midweek game, we will probably be full strength.

My Mistake got confused.. My Bad, Still expect plenty of people to be rested.

1 in my opinion. League Cup will be theres because they are in the final and Wenger won't let them lose it.

Champions League will be too much of a step up for them, League isn't in their hands and FA Cup they have us next at OT.

The Barca game is over a week after the CC final....

And with the FA Cup replay the midweek game, we will probably be full strength.

I thought it might be! Didn't want to risk it with everyone so sure it was first game after =)

Orient game will be same side that played on Sun. Birmingham will be 2/3 First XI (NB: Two-thirds, not two or three)

Not saying anything as when i say something the opposite happens lol

Really appreciating all the love and respect neutral fans are giving us on this thread, a **** of a lot more than i expected if Im honest, all iv heard from mates is writing us off with ridiculous score lines!

I am definitely not expecting us to win at the weekend, Arsenal are a top side, and have showed that this season, when in the mood can rip ANYONE apart! The main obstacle they will face with us is the experience we have and the fighting spirit that will no doubt be on display on Sunday. The likes of Ferguson, Carr, Johnson, Larsson... will be pumped up massively.

There is no love loss between Blues and Arsenal clearly evident after the last few years, with Tiny's unfortunate tackle on Eduardo, Wenger's lovely comments towards us, and lately at the emirates with the few flying Arsenal challenges with Wilshere seeing red.

I REALLY REALLY hope that the final is played with good spirit and whoever deserves to win it, wins it, if any Arsenal player simulates a dive and changes the game and "i think its Mike Dean but not totally sure" falls for it i will be fuming!! If the Gunners beat us with their class and deserve it i will say congratulations and applaud them, if otherwise you will never hear the end of it from me, I am sick to death of it happening! :$

We have been robbed in one final from a referee this century Im not up for another!!

This.

But is Walcott the man we need fit? Samir Nasri, Cesc Fabregas?

I think Walcott will be key, especially away in the CL. With Arsenal's dominance in most EPL games, he isn't as effective but on the break against the bigger teams I think he is very important. Wilshere and Fabregas are obviously important, but Nasri less so for me. I think he's better playing centrally in Cesc's position, and with Arshavin likely to get some pitch time too, I can see rotation between them all. If they all stay fresh and RVP stays fit, you can compete on all fronts

You already massively have... clearly assuming from stereotypes and haven't watched how we actually play in reality. MOTD is not a reflection of a teams mentality or tactics.

Not necessarily. "Long Ball" is harsh, but physical you almost certainly will be. You were at the Emirates, and you were at your ground. It's the way to beat us, apparently.

For the good of the Prem Arsenal needs at least one trophy this season...it needs to be proven that in England you can win with fiscal responsibility. And attractive football for that matter. If they continue playing as well as they have been, stay healthy, and Chelsea and Liverpool do them some favors in the league, and ManU for some reason never picks up their form, they have a shot at taking the league too...I don't think it'll happen though, I'm pretty sure it's a one-horse race.

I think Walcott will be key, especially away in the CL. With Arsenal's dominance in most EPL games, he isn't as effective but on the break against the bigger teams I think he is very important. Wilshere and Fabregas are obviously important, but Nasri less so for me. I think he's better playing centrally in Cesc's position, and with Arshavin likely to get some pitch time too, I can see rotation between them all. If they all stay fresh and RVP stays fit, you can compete on all fronts

Nasri hasn't played Cesc's position since pre-season.. He's played left or right this season (been most productive on the right). If Arshavin is getting pitch time, I think Wenger will almost certainly switch Nasri back to the right. Still think his first choice front line atm is Nasri RvP Walcott.

I'm resisting the old "Curtis Davies was asked to sit at the front of the Brum team bus and navigate because he's the only one who knew the way to Wembley" gambit, but it's hard. :P

Birmingham are a much better footballing side than everyone gives them credit for. Sure, when you have a big lump like Zigic up front (though as we've seen from his Valencia days he can play a bit too) you're going to make use of him, but Birmingham mix it up a lot nowadays, with different avenues of attack from the likes of the pacey Martins/Jerome and the quality of the balls in from wide from Larsson/Bentley. Ferguson's a good ball-player too, and Gardner's got a wicked shot on him. All in all, they're no doubt a threat to Arsenal, and I reckon they could pull off a win. Indeed, I hope so.

For the good of the Prem Arsenal needs at least one trophy this season...it needs to be proven that in England you can win with fiscal responsibility. And attractive football for that matter. If they continue playing as well as they have been, stay healthy, and Chelsea and Liverpool do them some favors in the league, and ManU for some reason never picks up their form, they have a shot at taking the league too...I don't think it'll happen though, I'm pretty sure it's a one-horse race.

For the good of Premier league Arsenal should win the league
For the good of world football Barca should win them all..
For the good of Serie A, Roma should win the Serie A
For the good of Bundesliga Dortmund should win Bundesliga.

Hope i have completed the formality..

Not necessarily. "Long Ball" is harsh, but physical you almost certainly will be. You were at the Emirates, and you were at your ground. It's the way to beat us, apparently.

Long Ball isn't "harsh" its just way off the mark. And im not embarrassed in admitting that we have used it and scored goals for it... bothered? XD We will only resort to that sort of play if under pressure and struggling in the game, we never hoof for no reason, "usually".

We get balls into the box from wide positions, usually back post for Niko to knock down, totally one dimensional, but thats it :$

Its not about being physical in the sense that you and many Arsenal fans assume, its just a known fact that your players and manager aren't fans of the traditional English way of playing, so by doing it, it can rattle you, and has on many occasions.

Long Ball isn't "harsh" its just way off the mark. And im not embarrassed in admitting that we have used it and scored goals for it... bothered? XD We will only resort to that sort of play if under pressure and struggling in the game, we never hoof for no reason, "usually".

We get balls into the box from wide positions, usually back post for Niko to knock down, totally one dimensional, but thats it :$

Its not about being physical in the sense that you and many Arsenal fans assume, its just a known fact that your players and manager aren't fans of the traditional English way of playing, so by doing it, it can rattle you, and has on many occasions.

I just meant a harsh assessment of how you play, because it's not true. It's not proper long, hopeless balls, but it's direct as it would be with a player like Zigic in the side.

I'm not saying you're going to kick us, I mean the players will get in our faces and make hard challenges. It's completely fair, most of the time..

Don't mistake me for some 14 year old Arsenal fan who doesn't appreciate a good tackle or thinks every side is out to get us (Only Wolves and Stoke are ;))

Nasri hasn't played Cesc's position since pre-season.. He's played left or right this season (been most productive on the right). If Arshavin is getting pitch time, I think Wenger will almost certainly switch Nasri back to the right. Still think his first choice front line atm is Nasri RvP Walcott.

West Brom? When Nasri almost single handedly earned you a point...

wba-arsenal.jpg

I just meant a harsh assessment of how you play, because it's not true. It's not proper long, hopeless balls, but it's direct as it would be with a player like Zigic in the side.

I'm not saying you're going to kick us, I mean the players will get in our faces and make hard challenges. It's completely fair, most of the time..

Don't mistake me for some 14 year old Arsenal fan who doesn't appreciate a good tackle or thinks every side is out to get us (Only Wolves and Stoke are ;))

Fair enough it is an easy assessment of us with Niko in the team, however..
"its a long lofted ball to 6"8 Nikola Zigic, he jumps for it and loses out to Theo Walcott"
would not surprise me at all! :$

Well Im glad you do like the tackling side of the game, Im sick of people trying to get rid of it! You will notice that if Larsson goes past a player our fans are less enthusiastic than if Ferguson goes through Cesc.. its just the way we are (H)

Only the carling cup, the jokers cup.

Here's the comment i've been waiting for!

I really doubt you thought it was the Jokers cup when you got into two consecutive finals with your first team. As I said, no one gives it any credit if they're not in it, but when they are it's perfectly respectable.

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Fair enough it is an easy assessment of us with Niko in the team, however..
"its a long lofted ball to 6"8 Nikola Zigic, he jumps for it and loses out to Theo Walcott"
would not surprise me at all! :$

Well Im glad you do like the tackling side of the game, Im sick of people trying to get rid of it! You will notice that if Larsson goes past a player our fans are less enthusiastic than if Ferguson goes through Cesc.. its just the way we are (H)

Haha - if you can't beat em, join em.

For the good of Premier league Arsenal should win the league
For the good of world football Barca should win them all..
For the good of Serie A, Roma should win the Serie A
For the good of Bundesliga Dortmund should win Bundesliga.

Hope i have completed the formality..

I agree wholeheartedly, although I'd switch Napoli with Roma...would be cool to see a mid-tier team win the league.

Back