rickcfc

Reaction score
HUGHTON WALKS OUT OF ST JAMES' PARK

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Following a disagreement with club owner Mike Ashley, Chris Hughton has walked out on Newcastle United just weeks before the opening day of the premier League season. With no definite reason as to why, many sources believe Mike Ashley refused to give assurances hed back Hughton with funds in the transfer market, something Hughton feels he needed in order to conslidate Newcastle as a Premier League club.
There were scenes of disgust outside St James' park this evening following the coverage of the story as it broke.

Further developments are believed to have taken place at St James' Park in last few minutes and Sky Sports News can bring us more...

Inexperienced rookie manager Rick Evans has been given the managers job at Newcastle by owner Mike Ashley, a move which certainly wasn't welcomed by many Newcastle fans with one reportedly saying "What the **** is up with the club? We are a laughing stock, Mike Ashley should take his Sunderland shirt off and show us fans he cares, I mean to go from Keegan, to Kinnear, plus not giving the job to Alan Shearer, then to make Hughton walk out, and now appoint an unknown! It's a disgrace, my season ticket won't be renewed I assure you, ASHLEY OUT!!!"

Have Newcastle made the right appointment?

YES 7%

NO 93%

I think the moderators should look at adding FM Story in front of each story put up on this site, as titles like this are misleading to the letter.

Just an idea, as for the story, good luck, like managing Newcastle.

EVANS CONFERENCE TAKES PLACE

Derek Llambias: First of all its been a turbulent day or so, with regards to Chris leaving and Rick coming in, we appareciate the fans anger and surprise but we assure you the clubs best interests are at heart.

REPORTER: Rick how do you feel being plunged in at the deep end? Surely you must feel you aren't ready to manage Newcastle Utd.

Me: Well obviously theres enormous pride and tradition at Newcastle Utd which Chris restored following his excellent job last year, I'm hoping to build on it, Chris was a great manager and I want the fans to believe in me, the backroom staff and the players that Chris' achievements last year will be the foundation for this seasons campaign

REPORTER: Derek why did Rick get the job? Many reports claimed Mauricio Pellegrini, Alan Shearer, Marco van Basten and even Guus Hiddink were linked, so with this appointment the fans must feel devastated

Derek: Well we wanted a quick appointment so the club could get sorted and had time to move on from this situation and get ready for the new season.

Me: Look I can understand the amazement in the media that I've got the job, but give me a chance to prove myself, and come back in May and ask me whether I was right for this job...

REPORTER: Ok we'll hold you to that Rick!. Lastly, are many personnel changes expected? As this is the summer and the fans love to see a club sign new players?

Me: We go back to pre-season training Monday and I'll take a good look at the current squad and decide any changes with regards to personnel with my staff and assistant Colin Calderwood. As for now, we will definitely aim to bolster the squad, I can't give any indication to my budget as me and Mr. Ashley haven't spoken about it, if there isn't money then we'll aim for free transfers and loans, but Im definitely looking for 3 or 4 players, as for now ill take no more questions... thank you.

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

lol @ the terrible sky sports news headline!

haha that is quality mate!! :p :D only for a bit of fun anyway

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

EVANS' AXE WIELDING BEGINS

After less than 2 weeks in the hot seat, Evans' has let 2 players go. Evans said "Xisco has left us as we feel we need another striker and we wanted to free up a slot for a new forward to come in and as a result he has signed for WBA, with regards to Leon he was surplus to requirements and we felt a move to Bristol City would be better for him, rather than spend an entire season in the reserves".

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

STRIKER VOID FILLED AT NEWCASTLE

Newcaslte Utd have swooped to sign Uruguayan hitman Javier Chevanton for £1m. The ex Sevilla man has passed a medical after flying into the North East late on Wednesday evening, he has signed a 2 year deal and is seen as the ideal replacement for Xisco who recently left the club to join WBA.

Heres what Newcastle fans can look forward to...

[youtube]sbe0hA6a0Ag[/youtube]

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Decent pre-season for new Newcastle boss.

New manager Rick Evans must be feeling quite happy with his sides performances in pre-season. With 5 wins out of 8 and only 1 loss the Toon Army had a pre-season which they are sure will stand them in good stead for the forthcoming campaign, 15 goals were scored with 9 conceded. Newcastle also finished bottom of the friendly cup after losing the 3rd/4th place playoff to Deportivo 3-1.

Meanwhile the club have also confirmed the departure of Kazenga Lua Lua on a temporary 6 month loan deal to Portsmouth, the Congo youngster is highly rated at St James' Park and will certainly be looking to make a name for himself at Fratton Park before his return to his parent club.

Last edited:
Good start mate, Never used Chevanton looking forward to seeing how he gets on

EVANS RAIDS LIGUE 1

Newcastle Utd manager Rick Evans has completed a double raid on Ligue 1 in France with the signings of Yohann Benalouane and Fode Mansare, taking the Toon managers summer signings to 3. Saint Etienne youngster Benalouane is reported to have signed a 3 year deal, much to the fury of Saint Etienne supporters, where the first year will be a year of progression before joining the first team squad permananetly next season. While Mansare has been brought in to give a bit of cover and competition on the flanks. With 3 signings being made for a total of £5.5m within weeks of Hughton claiming to have been refused backing in the transfer market, speculation has been rife on Newcastle Utd forums as to whether Ashley's refusal to back Hughton was a deliberate ploy to drive him out of Newcastle.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

SURPRISE AMONGST GEORDIE FOLLOWING

Big surprise on Tyneside tonight after manager Rick Evans confirmed the loan departures of midfield bad boys Alan Smith and Joey Barton. Both players were admittedly not what Evans was wanting in the side and after much controversy recently in Bartons personal life the player felt a loan to Lyon would be a welcome break from the English media. Ex Manchester Utd and Leeds man Smith has made a loan switch to Paris Saint Germain where he will undoubtedly come face to face with Barton in the 2 sides Ligue 1 fixture. Manager Rick Evans added "Both players were not in my plans and we thought it right that they get the chance to play football rather than wait for a chance with Newcastle, we hope both players can possibly turn the loan arrangement into a permanent deal and wish them all the best. We are looking for 1 midfielder to come in but only if the price is right"

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

"We are looking for a marquee signing this summer, we hope to announce one before closure of the window on August 31st, if it doesn't happen it won't be for the want of trying. Supporters can be assured we are still trying to improve the squad, Mesut Ozil would of been an amazing signing but if a club doesn't want to sell, we can't make them"

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:58 PM ----------

Saturday August 15th, St James' Park

Newcastle 3-1 Sunderland.

"Outstanding, top notch definitely what the fans wanted" were Rick Evans' comments after Newcastle won their opening day fixture against fierce rivals Sunderland in an entertaining match at St James' Park. Uruguayan newboy Javier Chevanton grabbed a debut goal whilst further strikes from Andy Carroll and Jonas secured 3 points for Newcastle. There was also a first start for Guinean wide man fode Mansare. Sunderland's consolation came from Kenwyne Jones.

Last edited:
Great story so far.

Keep up the good work and a great result against the scum. :)

good result sound intresting will be following.

Tiago spotted on Tyneside?

Many reports in local media today claim that Portuguese midfielder Tiago has reportedly been seen around St James' Park with representatives. Could this be the marquee signing that was wanted by Evans... More to follow....

HEADING TO NEWCASTLE?

Breaking News
Following on from this mornings news story regarding Tiago, it has been confirmed that the Portuguese midfielder has joined Newcastle on a season long-loan. The ex-Chelsea man would need no adapting to Premier League life after his spell at Stamford Bridge and had this to say. "I welcome this move and am grateful to Rick Evans for the opportunity to return to the Premier League, I haven't had the best of spells at Juventus and after my proposed permanent deal with Atletico Madrid fell through, I was desperate for a chance to prove myself, I have this with Newcastle and hope to do very well"

Evans added "I am sure people will remember Tiago from his Chelsea days and his performances for the Portuguese national team and I hope he can replicate his form onto the pitch for Newcastle. Although a loan deal we have the opportunity to make it permanent and with regards to the marquee signing I announced I wanted... Is it Tiago? We have until August 31st so watch this space...."

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Newcastle 1-0 West Brom August 18th

Fellow Premier League newboys West Brom were unable to come away from St James' Park with anything today after a strong performance from Newcastle, another goal for Jonas from the penalty spot ensured Newcastle came away with 3 points, although WBA hit the bar at one point through Simon ***, Newcastle were rarely troubled and Andy Carroll could easily have wrapped the game up only for a terrific Scott Carson save. Evans commented "2 wins from 2, one goal conceded, what more can i ask for so far? I am full of confidence and so are the players, they show it in training and are doing what is asked of them on the pitch"

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

WHAT A COMEBACK!!
MAN CITY 3-3 NEWCASTLE - AUGUST 22ND

Newcastle produced an astonishing display of courage and football after coming back from 2-0 down to draw 3-3 at City of Manchester stadium. Carlos Tevez had Man City 2-0 up after 25mins but a strike form Andy Carroll on 27mins brought Newcastle back into the game immediately. 15mins later it was all level as Argentinian wideman Jonas grabbed his 3rd of the season with a diving header which sent Newcastle fans wild, and they went even more crazy on 76mins as Guinean Fode Mansare put the Magpies 3-2 up. With City fans hanging their heads in disbelief at their star studded squads capitulation at the hands of newboys Newcastle, up popped Adebayor in the 92nd minute to break Newcastle hearts.

NEWCASTLE FANS AFTER JONAS PUT THEM BACK ON TERMS

"What can I say? I'm thrilled, to come here against the worlds richest club and a club under the guidance of Roberto Mancini who's won titles in Serie A, and pick up a point from 2-0 down is one of the results of the season for us already! The players deserve all the praise they get!"

SHELLSHOCKED
£100M POUNDS WORTH OF TALENT THROW AWAY LEAD AGAINST PREMIER LEAGUE NEWBOYS

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Have also decided guys I wont put tactics and lineups up anymore, Ill just write match reports as Ive been doing, but obviously any debuts, sendings off, injuries and first goals for the club etc ill include

Last edited:
BRAATEN WINGS INTO NEWCASTLE

Newcastle have made their 5th signing of the summer with the capture of Toulouse wideman Daniel Braaten. Braaten who had a stint at Bolton in the Premier League is looking forward to meeting his new team mates and helping Newcastle retain their Premier League status. Braaten said "When Toulouse informed me they had accepted an offer from Newcastle I couldn't reject the opportunity to return to England, I know my time at Bolton wasn't the greatest but I'm keep to repay the faith Rick Evans has shown in me".

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

OAKWELL WELCOMES NEWCASTLE

Newcastle begin their League Cup Campaign today with a trip to Oakwell to face Barnsley. Newcastle are expected to rest a lot of the players who appeared in the 3-3 draw at Manchester City. Debuts could be handed to Daniel Braaten, Sol Campbell and Benalouane. Argentinian defender Fabricio Coloccini misses out with a hamstring pull.

BARNSLEY 0-1 NEWCASTLE

One goal was enough to see Newcastle progress in the League Cup today after another Andy Carroll strike saw off Barnsley. Carroll's 3rd in 4 games was a well taken close range finish and added to a competent display from Newcastle. Benalouane, and Braaten made their debuts for Newcastle and didn't look out of place one bit, there was also another good sight for Newcastle fans as fit again Sol Campbell came on as a late substitute. Young Dutchman Tim Krul also pulled off 2 superb saves to keep Newcastle in the lead.

Quality story! Will follow a little bit as i have my own to update, but i love the layout and what you are doing there.

Keep It Up!!!

EVANS FURY AT BOULAHROUZ REPORTS

Newcastle manager Rick Evans has reacted angrily to media reports claiming Dutchman Khalid Boulahrouz refused to join the club following a row with the manager and Chief Executive Derek Llambias. Evans stated "Khalid Boulahrouz didn't join Newcastle Utd due to wage demands we couldn't meet. For the media to report something so far out is a disgrace, there was no disagreement between me, Derek and Khalid and the player himself was even disappointed to see his return to the Premier League not materialise. Evans also went on to add that there would be no attempt to resurrect the deal.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

PERCH: I COULD BECOME AN OUTCAST

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

ROUTLEDGE MAKES BORO MOVE

Wayne Routledge has completed his loan move to Middlesbrough today claiming he couldn't turn down regular first team football. Ex-England under 21 star Routledge said "Newcastle's squad is so strong right now and when the opportunity to impress on loan at Middlesbrough came up or risk being just a squad member at Newcastle, there was only one choice. I hope this isn't the end for me at St James' Park and I also hope manager Rick Evans takes note of my displays for 'Boro"

Last edited:
screenshots of ur results m8 and how much money u get ?

THE RUN CONTINUES

So far so good for new Newcastle manager Rick Evans after his side beat Blackburn 2-0 at Ewood Park. Following the press conference at Evans' unveiling where the media laughed off his appointment, Evans must be gloating following his sides impressive first month in the Premier League.

BLACKBURN 0-2 NEWCASTLE

Another 3 points for Newcastle at Ewood Park today thanks to goals from Peter Lovenkrands and Kevin Nolan. Both players opened their league accounts today in a game where Blackburn posed Newcastle no problems at all. Tiago showed fans why his loan deal could be the best bit of business in the Summer window with a fantastic display. Evans commented "The bubble is yet to burst and lets hope this bubble lasts for 9 months! We are delighted at our form through August and September can't come soon enough." With regards to the transfer deadline looming Evans added "We'll look, if theres someone available who can improve the squad we'll try and do something, I can't guarantee anything.."

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

TOON FANS TAKING TO ASHLEY?

This is a sight many Newcastle fans would never have thought they'd see. Owner Mike Ashley amongst supporters showing their happiness during the win v Blackburn. Manager Rick Evans seems to have lifted the cloud of gloom over St James' Park and with Ashley's recent financial backing, the new manager seems to have the club on a sound footing. Many fans believe the days of old could well be coming back to Tyneside.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

AUGUST RESULTS

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

"NO PANIC BUYS" WARNS EVANS

Newcastle Utd boss Rick Evans today re-assured fans the club won't make any panic buys as the transfer window gets ready to slam shut, with the usual reports of umpteen players linked with deadline moves, Evans added that only players that "are suitable" will be brought in.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

NEWCASTLE CLUB OFFICIALS HAVE ISSUED A STATEMENT LATE TONIGHT CONFIRMING BURNLEY GOALKEEPER DIEGO PENNY HAS BEEN REFUSED A WORK PERMIT FOR HIS MOVE TO ST JAMES' PARK. THE PERUVIAN WAS SEEN AS AN IDEAL 3RD CHOICE KEEPER BUT HAS NOW BEEN FORCED TO REMAIN AT BURNLEY.

NEWCASTLE'S AUGUST DEALINGS

INS:

OUTS:

Last edited:
MOHAMED ZIDAN IS NEW NUMBER 9!

Egyptian Mohamed Zidan is the new Number 9 at St James' Park. With players like Alan Shearer having worn the number 9, Zidan certainly has some boots to fill. Can he handle the pressure?

IS THIS MAN GOOD ENOUGH TO WEAR NUMBER 9?
[youtube]YouTube- ‪Mohamed Zidan Best Goals and Shots - By мezo мagico‬‎[/youtube]

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

"AUGUST DEALINGS SHOULD SEE US THROUGH"

Newcastle manager Rick Evans has revealed he hopes that his 7 summer signings will be enough to carry the side through the season without the need for reinforcements come January. Evans said that unless the club suffered a massive injury nightmare and were stripped bare thin on numbers, no players would be arriving in January.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

NEW BOYS CLASH IN PREMIER LEAGUE

Newcastle entertain Blackpool today at St James' Park. Fans will be hoping the sides good start to the season can continue. Argentinian defender Fabricio Coloccini has recovered from his hamstring strain but doesn't make the squad as he failed a fitness test so Sol Campbell steps into the starting 11. Dutch gk Tim Krul picked up a knock to his hand in training to sub keeper is Ole Soderberg. Zidan makes the bench, fellow newboy Ludovic Baal misses out

NEWCASTLE 5-0 BLACKPOOL

Newcastle made easy pickings of Blackpool today at St James' park with a convincing 5-0 win. A first goal for the club from Sol Campbell, as well as further strikes from Chevanton, Jonas, Carroll and Mansare ensured Blackpool had a miserable day in the North East. Evans added "We knew Blackpool would be a difficult game full of confidence having been a fellow promoted side, but the way we played today with the fluidity and confidence we had, i think we could of beaten anyone!" Evans also revealed he hopes to have Coloccini back next game. Meanwhile Blackpool boss Ian Holloway remarked "If Newcastle go down I'll walk to the North East naked at winter time!!"

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

LIVERPOOL 2-2 NEWCASTLE

Well the great start to the season continues for Newcastle after they left Anfield with a point. Before the game many pundits and fans claimed Newcastle would suffer their first defeat of the season and it certainly looked that way after 40mins after a Fernando Torres double. But 2 goals in 7 minutes from Javier Chevanton and Andy Carroll showed Newcastle are not ready to stop this amazing run just yet. Evans said "I had to pinch myself at full time, we've proved twice this season that when we are down we ain't out, and have the ability to claw games back, im ecstatic"

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

NEWCASTLE 0-0 WBA (6-5PENS)

Newcastle scraped through to the next round of the League Cup following a tough game against WBA. With plenty of chances for both sides, Chevanton and Luke Moore were the major culprits both missing chances that 9 times out of 10 they'd bury. The result was all the more pleasing for Newcastle as they played with 9 men in extra time following the dismissals of Ryan Taylor and Fabricio Coloccini, with Tiago and Sol Campbell making up a patched back 4. Steve Harper went on to save 2 penalties from WBA one in sudden death from Marek Cech, who just prior to his kick saw Steven Taylor miss from the spot for the home side, which then enabled Ludovic Baal on his competitive debut to send Newcastle through.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us HARPER DEALS WITH CECH'S PENALTY

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

TOUGHEST OF TESTS FOR NEWCASTLE

Newcastle will be hoping lady luck smiles on them this afternoon as Chelsea make the trip North to face them. Chelsea will surely provide a tougher test than Liverpool who let's not forget let a 2 goal lead slip up against Newcastle. Newcastle will be without Coloccini and Ryan Taylor today after both saw red against WBA in the League Cup so Danny Simpson and Sol Campbell deputise. Winning Spot kick taker Ludovic Baal is expected to drop to the bench, along with Uruguayan Chevanton

NEWCASTLE 1-3 CHELSEA

Newcastle were comfortably beaten today by a well disciplined Chelsea side. Portuguese midfield man Deco scored twice in the opening half hour, one of them a curling 25 yard effort, and Anelka powered in from close range to put Chelsea 3-0 up in 30mins. Egyptian Mohamed Zidan got a goal for Newcastle on the hour mark, despite missing a sitter previously, but they were never likely to make a comeback as Chelsea dominated. Manager Evans said "Well, I dont know how to feel, I'm delighted Chelsea won as they are my team, but to see us lose isnt easy. But at least we can say we lost to the possible champions. We'll pick ourselves up and work hard in training to bounce back next match"

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

ZIDAN: DON'T JUDGE ME YET

Egyptian signing Mohamed Zidan has pleaded with the Newcastle fans not to judge him yet. Zidan, who is only a handful of games into his Newcastle career, has come under stick from many sections of fans for missing too many simple chances. Some fans are even calling him "Mohamed Guivarc'h" as a reference to French misfit Stephane Guivarc'h who spent time at St James' Park in the late 90's. Zidan responded "Give me time, I appreciate my price tag brings with me a bit of pressure to perform, but judge me at end of the season, I promise I can get goals for this club and stake my claim for a regular place. The manager is happy with me and I'm loving life here, I want to show the fans that £7m for me is money well spent...Believe in me"

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

SEPTEMBER RESULTS

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

DEFOE ON FIRE

DEFOE FIRES IN HIS 2ND GOAL VS NEWCASTLE

TOTTENHAM 3-1 NEWCASTLE

Newcastle were beaten today by Tottenham in a poor display from the Geordies. Following on from their 3-1 loss at home to Chelsea, Newcastle were hoping to bounce back with a victory today and although White Hart Lane isnt the easiest of places to visit lately, hopes were high amongst the fans and players.Tottenham started well and came close with an early Niko Kranjcar effort which was well saved by Harper. Sol Campbell was given an absolute torrid time by Jermain Defoe whose pace was just too much for 35 year old Campbell to deal with and grabbed himself a stunning hat trick. Mohamed Zidan grabbed a consolation for Spurs proving that he is willing to get in amongst the goals with his new team following recent criticism. Newcastle manager Rick Evans said "Im a bit disappointed in the side after this, we really wanted to come here and bounce back from the Chelsea result but we didn't look like we wanted the win. Changes will be made, namely in defence where Sol is looking out of sorts and I think is lacking in fitness."

http://img686.imageshack.us/i/klug1.jpg/

EVANS: WE FELT A BIT OF FRESHENING UP WOULD DO THE CLUB GOOD. COLIN WILL BE STAYING AS MY ASSISTANT FOR THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE AND WE FEEL WE ARE MAKING THE RIGHT CHANGES TO BRING OUT THE BEST IN THE PLAYERS ON THE TRAINING PITCH. STAFF HAVE OF COURSE LEFT US NAMELY PAUL BARRON WHO HAS MADE WAY FOR RAY CLEMENCE.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

NEWCASTLE BOUNCE BACK!

NEWCASTLE 2-0 BOLTON

Newcastle bounced back to winning ways today with a easy 2-0 win over Bolton. A rare start for Danny Guthrie helped the home side as he put in a great performance. Goals from Jonas and Chevanton see off the visitors who rarely threatened. Jonas has now hit 4 in 7 and reports coming from Italy suggest Lazio are readying a January deal.
Evans added "Fantastic to finally pick up a win at the 3rd attempt. Jonas was excellent again and Guthrie was faultless". When asked about Jonas leaving he said "£10M is what you need to bid, and then it wont definitely be accepted"​

Last edited: