Huntelaar to join Every Club in Europe!

• Thread starter Thread starter Ben
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 126
  • Views Views 9K
Status
Not open for further replies.
remimds me of a santa cruz and berbatov type player was brilliant when he was top dog at a smaller club but when playing along side better players cant rise to the heights.
That's the way we're going :S

You have also spent money on Shelvey ;)

and Joe cole and Jovanovic no doubt had a signing on fee as more then 2 million pounds.

Still, hardly a spending spree.

Huntelaar is one of the best finishers in Europe so id love to see this swap deal go through, but WHERE is this money coming from?

Rafa was given like 5 million by the club over 3 seasons to spend on players (all the rest he had to sell players to get) so is Hodgson sh**ing money or something? If yes, then he should immediately consult a medical professional, and if B) then Im beginning to hate the board even more for giving this fool money when all Rafa needed was a little bit more and we'd have had our ****** title!!!!

... says one v angry Reds fan who simply will not forgive LFC for ditching Rafa until Hodgson proves he's got the chops for this job (which trust me won't happen). The one good thing he's done is Jovanaovic (o and Cole) - but he's got a long way to go to please me m8s.

Huntelaar is one of the best finishers in Europe so id love to see this swap deal go through, but WHERE is this money coming from?

Rafa was given like 5 million by the club over 3 seasons to spend on players (all the rest he had to sell players to get) so is Hodgson sh**ing money or something? If yes, then he should immediately consult a medical professional, and if B) then Im beginning to hate the board even more for giving this fool money when all Rafa needed was a little bit more and we'd have had our ****** title!!!!

... says one v angry Reds fan who simply will not forgive LFC for ditching Rafa until Hodgson proves he's got the chops for this job (which trust me won't happen). The one good thing he's done is Jovanaovic (o and Cole) - but he's got a long way to go to please me m8s.

1) Roy Hodgson has actually made money since he has been here.
2) If you are a red you should get behind the manager.
3) I was also angry when Rafa left but you need to calm yourself down.

Doesnt Manager of the Year mean anything to you?...... Go actually do some research before shooting your mouth off. Roy Hodgson worked wonders with Fulham!

We've sold Insua and Benayoun. That's 10million right there. N'gog is going to leave as well as Riera, that could equate to around 17m altogether. Say Roy's been given 5m free transfer budget, that takes it up to 22m.

We've bought Danny Wilson for what, 2m? Down to 20m.

Joey Cole and Jovanovic on frees, still at 20m.

Hodgson has sold his way into getting money.

We've sold Insua and Benayoun. That's 10million right there. N'gog is going to leave as well as Riera, that could equate to around 17m altogether. Say Roy's been given 5m free transfer budget, that takes it up to 22m.

And good sellings too! Making lots of money by off loading fringe players is what everyone would do.

1) Roy Hodgson has actually made money since he has been here.
2) If you are a red you should get behind the manager.
3) I was also angry when Rafa left but you need to calm yourself down.

Points 1 & 3 fair enough i suppose but i could not disagree more with point two.

A manager needs to earn his trust with the fans. An English manager has NEVER won the Premier League and probably never will.

And good sellings too! Making lots of money by off loading fringe players is what everyone would do.

Managing a club like Fulham is not the same as a club life Liverpool. Aren't we supposed to be heading forward? The idea in the market is to offload bad players and bring in good ones, why should this not be the same for managers?

Im not going to apologise for believing LFC is the best club in the world, and so IF we are going to replace a legend like Rafa we should be aiming our sights a little highter than someone who's enjoyed success at lesser teams and lasted at Inter for ooh a few months or sumin.

And im sorry but Rafa built something here, not to mention he's as Scouse as his house now, he fell in love with Liverpool and (at least i thought) Liverpool fell in love with him. Where's all this love gone? He's only been gone for a few weeks at most and you all seem to be singing the praises of Hodgson already!

I'll admit he's shown premise in the market but as everyone knows this means nothing unless those players deliver.

There are two kinds of LFC fans - those who believe Rafa couldnt possibly win a title cus he simply isnt good enough, and those who think he simply was NOT given the money to do it! No guessing which I am.

Rafa is one of the best tacticians in the game, and he had one bad season and he was out on his @ss. Imho there's only five or six managers in the world we should have been looking at replacing him and boys, Hodgson aint on that list.

Although as I've said before, Rafa plus cash = success. Getting rid of him was a big mistake, all we needed was money.

PS.. Bear in mind when it comes to free transfers that quality players have long contracts and it's not every season you're able to get them for free. Last season the only free transfer option was Owen - this time round how can you say Rafa wouldnt have signed Joe Cole and Jovanovic?

Edit: O and btw, selling fringe players was EXACTLY what Rafa WAS doing..... do u think i wanted to see Arbeloa go? No i didnt tbh cus he finally started performing and we replaced him with a risky Italian signing with whom there's no guarantees. - My point being that in the first of those three aforementioned seasons we had fringe players to sell off for cash, but after three years of cash starvation he ended up having to sell good players, not just the 'fringe' ones.

Last edited:

And Mikel San Jose for an undiclosed fee, Im gonna estimate around the 1m mark.

Hodgson has impressed thus far. Hopefully he continues this.

I dont understand why people is giving credit to Roy Hodgson for the buys. He admitted he has nothing to do with them, that it´s all managed by Christian Purlsow, who by the way, is taking the decisions with Eduardo Maciá.

Meh. Let's give you guys the break down of where we're at financially.

LFC run a financial year which runs 1st August to 31st July. So we're still in the financial year which started 1st August 2009 right now.

Over that year, for sure, no ifs, no buts, no maybes, our transfer spending broke down like this:

We spent:

£20.4 million on new players (Aquilani and the Greek)
£35.504 million on players previously signed
£1.069 million of add-ons were triggered

We got back:

£29.7 million for players sold (Alonso, Dossena and Voronin)
£22.126 million for players previously sold
£1.616 of add-ons

Now there are other transfers which need to be added (figures are rough because press figures be not the same as what is actually paid heh):

Out:

San Jose - 2.6m
Yossi - 5.5m
Insua - 5m (?...)
Riera - 3.3m
Mihaylov - 1.5m

In

Wilson - 2m
Shelvey - 1.75m

So, totals:

Spent: £60.723m
Received: £71.342m

If we pretend that Liverpool aren't currently allocating wages and transfers from the same pot of money (which they are doing), that should mean that there's £10.619m to spend.

Only on 1st August this year, a new year starts and there's some other things which need covering (for sure, no ifs, no buts, no mebbes) for previous transfer.

To spend: £7.66m
To receive: £1.854m

We know that the 'player account' must be balanced (Christian Purslow is on record as saying this - as well as his definition that the player account includes fees and wages). So let's feed them in to Mr.Hodgson's potential transfer pot and you get something like £4.813 million left. If the managers' compensation (both to Rafa and for Mr.Hodgson) also come out of this pot of money, then we're actually a few hundred grand in the red.

Now that doesn't include add-ons which may have been triggered in either direction over and above those listed as having occurred by February 2010 - and they could be a lot more in either way as many of them will be based upon things like where a team finishes in the league, silverware etc. But you get the drift of roughly where we're at without that.

(Just to be clear on something - Liverpool in 2004, prior to Rafa taking over, owed £17 million net to other clubs for players, so subtract that from the money spent on previous players if you want to get a grasp of what Rafa's own spending was like, and I'm not sure on when Cisse's money was paid but that needs subtracting too at least in some part).

The transfers out of the club so far this summer had been arranged prior to Mr.Hodgson arriving. He's on record confirming that several times. Of the three signings so far made, only Joe Cole could possibly be attributed to him.

There's the unvarnished and honest maths from the accounts lads. And if I've buggered up the totals, then it's cos I'm drunk and the calculator is swimming and I can't be bothered doublechecking right now but the figures which combine to make the totals are for sure correct. :p

Last edited:
I dont understand why people is giving credit to Roy Hodgson for the buys. He admitted he has nothing to do with them, that it´s all managed by Christian Purlsow, who by the way, is taking the decisions with Eduardo Maciá.

I've got a lot of time for Macia and always have (a Benitez acquisition btw, not to keep banging on lol)

And Mikel San Jose for an undiclosed fee, Im gonna estimate around the 1m mark.

I always had massive hopes for Macia - he was supposed to have turned out into this superstar (kinda like the awesome Gerard Pique did at United), and another one who failed to deliver was Jack Hobbs - although i suppose there's still room for improvement.

Point is isn't our academy supposed to be one of the best in the world? United's youngsters all end up amazing and break into the first team and we end up with a 'retail' academy - in the sense that our so-called "stars of the future" always end up being sold off as soon as they hit the million mark or reach the age of 19 or 20.

Anyhoo despite all these conflicting opinions, we should all shut up really and just wait and see how the new season kicks off - i mean after all we're all fans of the same team lol. :)

if we lose bid on Remy then we should sign him and with Babel going the other way

should be fine backup for Torres or better, they both play upfront! But i still want Remy really bad though he is really promising

Points 1 & 3 fair enough i suppose but i could not disagree more with point two.

A manager needs to earn his trust with the fans. An English manager has NEVER won the Premier League and probably never will.

Managing a club like Fulham is not the same as a club life Liverpool. Aren't we supposed to be heading forward? The idea in the market is to offload bad players and bring in good ones, why should this not be the same for managers?

Im not going to apologise for believing LFC is the best club in the world, and so IF we are going to replace a legend like Rafa we should be aiming our sights a little highter than someone who's enjoyed success at lesser teams and lasted at Inter for ooh a few months or sumin.

And im sorry but Rafa built something here, not to mention he's as Scouse as his house now, he fell in love with Liverpool and (at least i thought) Liverpool fell in love with him. Where's all this love gone? He's only been gone for a few weeks at most and you all seem to be singing the praises of Hodgson already!

I'll admit he's shown premise in the market but as everyone knows this means nothing unless those players deliver.

There are two kinds of LFC fans - those who believe Rafa couldnt possibly win a title cus he simply isnt good enough, and those who think he simply was NOT given the money to do it! No guessing which I am.

Rafa is one of the best tacticians in the game, and he had one bad season and he was out on his @ss. Imho there's only five or six managers in the world we should have been looking at replacing him and boys, Hodgson aint on that list.

Although as I've said before, Rafa plus cash = success. Getting rid of him was a big mistake, all we needed was money.

PS.. Bear in mind when it comes to free transfers that quality players have long contracts and it's not every season you're able to get them for free. Last season the only free transfer option was Owen - this time round how can you say Rafa wouldnt have signed Joe Cole and Jovanovic?

Edit: O and btw, selling fringe players was EXACTLY what Rafa WAS doing..... do u think i wanted to see Arbeloa go? No i didnt tbh cus he finally started performing and we replaced him with a risky Italian signing with whom there's no guarantees. - My point being that in the first of those three aforementioned seasons we had fringe players to sell off for cash, but after three years of cash starvation he ended up having to sell good players, not just the 'fringe' ones.

You need to move on. Yes Rafa was a good manager (I, for one wanted him to stay) but he's gone now and we have to get behind Hodgson and give him a chance to prove himself.

EDIT: Thanks for taking the time to clear that up for us Zeb :)

Last edited:
You need to move on. Yes Rafa was a good manager (I, for one wanted him to stay) but he's gone now and we have to get behind Hodgson and give him a chance to prove himself.

Not much chance of that happening im afraid lol.

Ill always be behind Liverpool and of course Ill give Hodgson a chance but Im not going to be his fan until he earns that privelege.

I cant possibly pledge allegiance to a man just because the powers that be appointed him.

The only English manager with any talent in my book is Redknapp. Shearer would also make a brilliant manager if he wasn't such a sell-out (lol, only joking he's my fave pundit by far!!) 8-|

Not much chance of that happening im afraid lol.

Ill always be behind Liverpool and of course Ill give Hodgson a chance but Im not going to be his fan until he earns that privelege.

I cant possibly pledge allegiance to a man just because the powers that be appointed him.

The only English manager with any talent in my book is Redknapp. Shearer would also make a brilliant manager if he wasn't such a sell-out (lol, only joking he's my fave pundit by far!!) 8-|

We'll have to agree to disagree ;)

He would be a great signing but dare i say it Liverpool have a fair amount off attacking players at the moment i think Roy should look at a left back at the moment maybe Wayne Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back