Huntelaar to join Every Club in Europe!

• Thread starter Thread starter Ben
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 126
  • Views Views 9K
Status
Not open for further replies.
He would be a great signing but dare i say it Liverpool have a fair amount off attacking players at the moment i think Roy should look at a left back at the moment maybe Wayne Bridge

A striker is needed tbh. The back-up we have for Torres is N'gog, who, hopefully, is going. If we bring Huntelaar in he would be great backup and could partner Torres against weaker teams we could revert to a 4-4-2 against. Hopefully Pacheco can break through a bit more this year also.

A left back is also needed. Maynor Figueroa, Wayne Bridge and Paul Konchesky seem to be the names flying about at the moment and honestly I'm not a fan of any of them. Figueroa is just average, Bridge is knocking on a bit now and getting slower, I wouldn't be up for paying 8 Million for him and Konchesky is average, like Figueroa. Shouldn't of let Insua go imo. Hopefully he can find someone else on the market who is better than Bridge and cheaper.

A striker is needed tbh. The back-up we have for Torres is N'gog, who, hopefully, is going. If we bring Huntelaar in he would be great backup and could partner Torres against weaker teams we could revert to a 4-4-2 against. Hopefully Pacheco can break through a bit more this year also.

A left back is also needed. Maynor Figueroa, Wayne Bridge and Paul Konchesky seem to be the names flying about at the moment and honestly I'm not a fan of any of them. Figueroa is just average, Bridge is knocking on a bit now and getting slower, I wouldn't be up for paying 8 Million for him and Konchesky is average, like Figueroa. Shouldn't of let Insua go imo. Hopefully he can find someone else on the market who is better than Bridge and cheaper.

Dirk Kuyt, Joe Cole Steven Gerrard and Jokovic also Babel N'Gog Pacheco all players that can a will play upfront with Torres so i thin Hodgson should look at his defence and Wayne Bridge wouldn't be a bad signing

He would be a great signing but dare i say it Liverpool have a fair amount off attacking players at the moment i think Roy should look at a left back at the moment maybe Wayne Bridge

woow yourree soo rightt wayne bridee could help us at that left back spot

Dirk Kuyt, Joe Cole Steven Gerrard and Jokovic also Babel N'Gog Pacheco all players that can a will play upfront with Torres so i thin Hodgson should look at his defence and Wayne Bridge wouldn't be a bad signing

Out of that list, I'd say Kuyt and Jovanovic are the only players who are reliable strikers who looks to be staying. Babel and N'gog will hopefully leave soon. Joe Cole is a winger/attacking mid, Gerrard plays off the striker and Pacheco is too young to rely on for goals yet. I am talking about these players playing up-front on their own btw, if Torres sustains an injury or is in need of a rest. I do agree we need a left back like but the reported 8 Million for Bridge seems a bit steep imo.

Out of that list, I'd say Kuyt and Jovanovic are the only players who are reliable strikers who looks to be staying. Babel and N'gog will hopefully leave soon. Joe Cole is a winger/attacking mid, Gerrard plays off the striker and Pacheco is too young to rely on for goals yet. I am talking about these players playing up-front on their own btw, if Torres sustains an injury or is in need of a rest. I do agree we need a left back like but the reported 8 Million for Bridge seems a bit steep imo.

I think liverpool should keep a hold of Babel he is a quality player just lacking in confidence

I think liverpool should keep a hold of Babel he is a quality player just lacking in confidence

He isn't a bad player on his day tbh. Too inconsistent though and now and then he lets his attitude get the better of him. I'd prefer him to leave though than stay at the club.

He isn't a bad player on his day tbh. Too inconsistent though and now and then he lets his attitude get the better of him. I'd prefer him to leave though than stay at the club.

How much do you think liverpool would sell babel for also marcharano (sp) who would you like as a replacement and a replacement for babel

How much do you think liverpool would sell babel for also marcharano (sp) who would you like as a replacement and a replacement for babel

I think we could get at least 10 Million for Babel, Birmingham made a 9 Million bid in January which Rafa rejected. Mascherano, I think is heading to Inter unfortunately as I really like the guy, he has a style of play which I love except when he lets his passion get the better of him. 30 Million looks to be the sum we'd accept for Mascherano. If the full 40 Million was spent on a defensive midfielder and a left winger, I'd like to see maybe Lass Diarra or Thiago Motta and Arda Turan or Juan Mata for the left wing.

I think we could get at least 10 Million for Babel, Birmingham made a 9 Million bid in January which Rafa rejected. Mascherano, I think is heading to Inter unfortunately as I really like the guy, he has a style of play which I love except when he lets his passion get the better of him. 30 Million looks to be the sum we'd accept for Mascherano. If the full 40 Million was spent on a defensive midfielder and a left winger, I'd like to see maybe Lass Diarra or Thiago Motta and Arda Turan or Juan Mata for the left wing.

I think Mata could be a real possiblty but i would rather Liverpool got Cambiaso and £15 Million for Masherano then i think they could really challange for the EPL

I think Mata could be a real possiblty but i would rather Liverpool got Cambiaso and £15 Million for Masherano then i think they could really challange for the EPL

Indeed, however it remains to been seen whether Cambiasso would be interested in a move to Liverpool and I could see why he could see it as a step down. His age is another problem so I do doubt it will happen. It would be a good deal like. Mata would be a great signing although money is they key.

Valencia are in big trouble so i think 8-10 would be enough for Mata he is on a par with david silva but silva has a bigger reputation thats why city had to pay so much

Valencia are in big trouble so i think 8-10 would be enough for Mata he is on a par with david silva but silva has a bigger reputation thats why city had to pay so much

I think 20-25 Million is more realistic tbh. Valencia are in financial trouble but letting one of, if not their best player go for 8-10 Million wouldn't solve much.

I thinnk it always helps to have English players generally (doesnt help the national team tho but im Welsh so i dont care lol) and now we have an English coach and a club full of spanish players and staff its even more important. PLUS, The main problem with our defence is set pieces and general concentration issues, so bringing someone like Bridge in would be a boost cus of his experience. Totally depends on the cost though as there are so many awesome left backs around but i do agree we should have kept Insua as he was the one youth player who was truly becoming awesome and wouldnt have cost a fee cus we already had him :S

Now totally contradicting my first statement we need a solid DM like Mazza but it wouldn't hurt if he could score too because when we're dominating weaker sides they put everyone back to defend and the ball often breaks loose to midfield where someone like Villareal's Marcos Senna could literally knock the netting off the goals with his power and long distance accuracy. Obviously we've got Gerrard but if he's taking the corner he's not going to be in position for the long shot and besides he's usually tightly marked anyway.

So we need more people who can score goals and not rely on our strikers.

Then again if we end up getting another striker who better than Nikola Zigic - that friggin giant is strong, awesome in the air and has a great goals record too. The guy makes Peter Crouch look like an umpa-lumpa 8-|. That said Valencia would never let him leave straight after selling Villa so another striker option would be Hoffenheim's Vedad Ibiševic - he can already speak English as he's half American and he's been banging them in for Hoffenheim for two years.

If we had say 30m to spend i would go for Marcos Senna (est 13m), Bridge (est 7m) and Ibisevic (est 10m). (although bear in mind i just guessed those prices) (H) :)

Edit: I aint been following the recent transfers that much lately so has anybody snapped up Palacios yet cus i rate him very very highly. Trouble is he's not really a holding midfielder, but he's a proven ball-winner with an incredible work rate and strength.

Last edited:
I thinnk it always helps to have English players generally (doesnt help the national team tho but im Welsh so i dont care lol) and now we have an English coach and a club full of spanish players and staff its even more important. PLUS, The main problem with our defence is set pieces and general concentration issues, so bringing someone like Bridge in would be a boost cus of his experience. Totally depends on the cost though as there are so many awesome left backs around but i do agree we should have kept Insua as he was the one youth player who was truly becoming awesome and wouldnt have cost a fee cus we already had him :S

Now totally contradicting my first statement we need a solid DM like Mazza but it wouldn't hurt if he could score too because when we're dominating weaker sides they put everyone back to defend and the ball often breaks loose to midfield where someone like Villareal's Marcos Senna could literally knock the netting off the goals with his power and long distance accuracy. Obviously we've got Gerrard but if he's taking the corner he's not going to be in position for the long shot and besides he's usually tightly marked anyway.

Then again if we end up getting another striker who better than Nikola Zigic - that friggin giant is strong, awesome in the air and has a great goals record too. The guy makes Peter Crouch look like an umpa-lumpa 8-|. That said Valencia would never let him leave straight after selling Villa so another striker option would be Hoffenheim's Vedad Ibiševic - he can already speak English as he's half American and he's been banging them in for Hoffenheim for two years.

If we had say 30m to spend i would go for Marcos Senna (est 13m), Bridge (est 7m) and Ibisevic (est 10m). (although bear in mind i just guessed those prices) (H) :)

Edit: I aint been following the recent transfers that much lately so has anybody snapped up Palacios yet cus i rate him very very highly. Trouble is he's not really a holding midfielder, but he's a proven ball-winner with an incredible work rate and strength.

Nikola Zigic plays for Birmingham city :S
Im sure he signed for brum before villa signed for Barcelona

Last edited:

Senna is far too old to spend 13 Million on. Wouldn't mind Ibisevic although I would prefer Huntelaar. Oh and btw Zigic is at Birmingham ;)

I really want this to happen !
but i will wait and see if it progresses any further than a rumor :)

That would be a steal since Cambiasso is a better player than Mascherano. He is more complete, can do the defensive part as he did in Inter this year, but he is also a creative player, can see a pass, which Mascherano has no idea what it is.

Senna is far too old to spend 13 Million on. Wouldn't mind Ibisevic although I would prefer Huntelaar. Oh and btw Zigic is at Birmingham ;)

Where did you get the idea i was saying Senna's worth 30 mil ?? If you read my post, which you quoted btw, it said 13m and that was just an estimate.

I too would prefer Huntelaar but i was speaking as though the Huntelaar transfer was already a given. (To be honest tho you must ask yourself why two of the top European teams have looked to unload this guy so soon after signing him - hmm?? )

And we've already established Zigic is at Birmingham now, im not going to apologise twice for my mistake. Please read the last couple pages and you'll see whats already been said.

That would be a steal since Cambiasso is a better player than Mascherano. He is more complete, can do the defensive part as he did in Inter this year, but he is also a creative player, can see a pass, which Mascherano has no idea what it is.

"Cambiasso is a better player than Mascherano" - did i really just read that?!? Lol, how come Cambiasso didnt make Maradona's squad and Mascherano is the captain.

Newsflash m8: holding midfielders are not expected to be pinpoint passers, besides we have Gerrard for that (and used to have Alonso too). LFC have quality passers already, but no-one rivals Mascherano in simply winning back the ball and playing a simple pass to recycle possession. The guy's like a brick wall FGS. Not only that but he can mark almost anyone out of the game completely (perhaps Messi excluded, lol).

Cambiasso is on his last legs and signing him would be a huge mistake imo.

But i must say I lol'd when i heard you suggest he was better than the world's best holding midfielder haha. :)

Edit: Cambiasso - didnt make national squad >> Mascherano - CAPTAINED national squad - hmm???

Last edited:

But then again,Cambiasso would be much harder to pry to Merseyside than Claudio Marchisio,who is of the same mould as the Argentine.

Marchisio is a good tackler and marker,but at the same time,can pass and create chances,as well as score then.

Not to mention Juventus' abysmal season last time round means that it would be hard for Marchisio to not go to Liverpool and join what looks to be a promising reign under Hodgson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back