I Thought You Said He Eats, Drinks and Sleeps Football? He Does, He Just Can't Play!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oceania was one continent i didn't check, however well done on your first season. I'm hoping to have my second season uploaded tonight.

nice to see somebody doing the pentagon/hexagon challenge properly.. people always skip over the fact you have to go into a new continent outside the top leagues..

Oceania was one continent i didn't check, however well done on your first season. I'm hoping to have my second season uploaded tonight.
It seems only 7 countries get places regardless of what you do, 2 of the 8 places go to New Zealand.

nice to see somebody doing the pentagon/hexagon challenge properly.. people always skip over the fact you have to go into a new continent outside the top leagues..

Thanks, i;ve always fancied the hexagon challenge hopefully it all ends well for me!

Apparantly 12 games in charge in the Cook Islands makes me hot property in Oceana! I have had a **** of a lot of job offers but the one I have taken fits in more with what I am trying to do.

This time I am off to Tahiti :)

things-to-do.jpg

The Tahitan second division more specifically, the only second flight in Oceana as far as I can see.
View attachment 332915View attachment 332916

Unfortunatley no information on AS Mataiea exists on the internet! They are currently in the Tahitan second division having just come out of administration last month. They have a new 4930 capacity stadium and the board simply exspect me to finish mid table.

We have long odds which i do feel are wrong as our squad is quite good for this level and with the right signings i feel winning the league is well within reason.

View attachment 332917

Only a few weeks after taking the AS Mataiea job, the offers keep flying in! I have been in the job a matter of days!

View attachment 332918View attachment 332919

Here is our transfer dealings, 4 players in who will all start and alot of deadwood being moved on. This gives us more than enough to win this league IMO. Brandon Pettelier should be absolutley lethal at this level and I expect many goals from him over the season.

View attachment 332920
View attachment 332921View attachment 332922View attachment 332923View attachment 332924

This is how I have decided to line up. A solid 4 man defence with a DM for those times when it all goes wrong! Just the one upfront which isn't common for me at all but I feel Pettellier is probably the best Tahitan striker in the game currently. He will have a trio of attacking midfielder to feed him with just one central midfielder behind them to tidy up any midfield issues aswell as link defence and attack. Hopefully this formation can work well for us.

View attachment 332925

Tahiti at least gets an automatic O league spot, but we need to get there first....

Last edited:
Yes! the hexagon challenge, and who else but the mighty MojoDex? :D im a follower since the day you started your Guernsey story, so definitely following :D good luck!

So first things first we need to get ourselves promoted before we can even attempt to win the O league.

The season has gone rather well, my signings have all worked out wonderfully and we have been in excellent form all season. The opening day loss had me a little worried but we soon picked up and we were properly away after that.

View attachment 333039

This meant we won the league, IMO with a game in hand although it was mathematically possible to lose it on the last day, it would of taken a feat of goal scoring that no one in this league was possible of!

View attachment 333040View attachment 333041View attachment 333042View attachment 333043

There is also a cup competition in Tahiti so we entered it and obviously wanted to go as far as possible, But to win it as a second division side was a brilliant achievement and gives me massive hope for next season. We are easily going to be one of the better sides next year.

View attachment 333050
View attachment 333045View attachment 333046View attachment 333047
View attachment 333048View attachment 333049

We have turned Semi professional and we are making a profit, the future looks rather good.

View attachment 333051View attachment 333052

Jobs keep flowing in, some would be nice but i still need the Tahitan first division.

View attachment 333053View attachment 333054View attachment 333055
View attachment 333056View attachment 333057View attachment 333058

All in all a very very successful season and I fully expect to challenge for the first division if I can get my transfer targets.

The bookies think we are certs for relegation, I can assure you we should be one of the favourites for the title! We will also enter the Tahitan version opf the community shield this year having won the cup last year.

View attachment 333061View attachment 333062

I have managed to secure all my tranfer targets and we are in amazing condition to take this league at the first time of asking.

View attachment 333063

View attachment 333064View attachment 333065View attachment 333066View attachment 333067

I can't seem to get any non Tahitan players to play for us and this is a little bit worrying but hopefully that will change in the next season.

No one thinks we are good enough for this league so we are aiming to prove a few people wrong!

We opened the league again with a worrying loss, we then followed that up with a massive 9-0 beating of former parent club AS Pirae! We also won the Coupe des Champions not bad for the under dogs. We went really well through out the season losing only 4 times in 20 games. But was that enough for a title challenge?

View attachment 333068

Of course it was! That will hopefully educate them to under estimate us! We didn't outscore anyone by a huge margin, this title was built on a solid defence conceeding only 17 goals over the entire season.

View attachment 333069

View attachment 333070View attachment 333071View attachment 333072
View attachment 333073View attachment 333074

We have now qualified for next seasons O League, I have my doubts that we can build a team to win it but I will certainly have a good go!​

I will be keeping the same squad this season, Unfortunatley the players who would improve us will not come so I need to hope for some luck.

The board are feeling alot more generous with the purse strings these days.

View attachment 333075View attachment 333076

The O league groups have also been drawn, I hadn't realised that only 1 team qualifies from these groups. We will need to be at our absolute best to get out of this group. Honestly i'm not to confident, but I at least owe it to myself to try.

View attachment 333077

Good luck, have you downloaded the an O League file or used the inaccurate one supplied with the game?

I think its inaccurate now i've read up on it. but no matter I have no intention of being in oceana much longer anyway!
Yep. When/if you win the O-League, will you stay on until the CWC to try and raise your rep and be the first Oceanic team to make it past the Playoff round.

iS it me or one of the teams in the O league is a junior team?

Ranger Honiara Under 18's.

Yep. When/if you win the O-League, will you stay on until the CWC to try and raise your rep and be the first Oceanic team to make it past the Playoff round.

Yes it has to be done, would be a shame to get there and not try our hand at least.
iS it me or one of the teams in the O league is a junior team?

Ranger Honiara Under 18's.
Yes it is, I dont know why but its better than the last database i tried where all the teams that qualified were reserve teams!

Status
Not open for further replies.