I Thought You Said He Eats, Drinks and Sleeps Football? He Does, He Just Can't Play!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting challenge, I'll be following this.

We are far and away the strongesy team in Tahiti now and honestly none of the other teams should present us with much of a problem this season. We have been given a good budget but are still unable to attract any good foreign players.

View attachment 333146View attachment 333147

An unbeaten season was always on the cards and we outplayed almost every team we met. Two SS to include all fixtures.

View attachment 333154View attachment 333155

Another league won on a solid defensive back bone

View attachment 333170View attachment 333171View attachment 333172View attachment 333173

We lost in the final of the cup, A game we really should of won but alas that's just they way it went.

View attachment 333175

Onto the one we are here for the O League. Quite frankly we got spanked from pillar to post and we deserved some of the shoeings we received!

View attachment 333177View attachment 333178View attachment 333179

I don't believe I can win this with a Tahitan team as I simply can't sign any of the player I feel I need, most of them are from Papua New Guinea so that is where I aim to be off next.

View attachment 333174View attachment 333180

My next post will outline my next new club

With Tahiti offering me no further chances I have set about trying to get a job in Papua New Guinea. I applied for 5 and got laughed at from all 5 then this little opportunity popped it's head up. They only insist on mid table even if I will be aiming for the league.

View attachment 333283View attachment 333284View attachment 333285

So now my journey has taken me to Papua New Guinea more famous for its tribes than it's football. That said the last team to win the O Leage from outside New Zealand was Hekari United from Papua New Guinea in 2010.

imgpapua-new-guinea3-via-gwinpng..blogspot.com_.jpg

No information that I can find is available on Tukoko University Lae FC so this rather lovely screenshot of there stadium will have to suffice! The Nou Camp this is not!

12359.jpg

I have been very busy in the tranfer market, When I arrived basically half the squad was out of contract. I was happy to let them leave as PNG has far better players to offer, I should know I've tried to sign half of them with my two previous teams..... Kialou Moyap is the stand out here and i'm certain he can win points for us on his own.

View attachment 333287
View attachment 333290View attachment 333293View attachment 333294View attachment 333295View attachment 333291View attachment 333292View attachment 333288View attachment 333289

I have gone for a slightly more unconventional formation this time around, It just fits the players I want to use and I feel really plays to our strengths. This is also how I intend my first 11 to line up.

View attachment 333297

First league update to follow.

13 wins and 3 draws is certainly the kind of form I like, when we have beaten teams we have beaten them well and it all bodes well for the challenge I have set myself.

View attachment 333298

This gave us our first league title and since there is no cup competition the only silverware of the season.

View attachment 333302
View attachment 333299View attachment 333300View attachment 333301View attachment 333303

We have qualified for the O league and with a some good additions we can certainly challenge.​

Amazingly a team of reigning champions under my control are the favourites! This has actually not happened before. Hopefully we handle the pressure and are able to win the league again.

View attachment 333453

I haven't had to dip into the transfer market alot but when I saw Nicholas Davani I had to have him to fix my problem right hand side. Hopefully he will be the last piece in the O League puzzle.

View attachment 333454

Speaking of the O League the groups have been drawn.

View attachment 333455View attachment 333456

Auckland are the most decorated team in the O Leagues short history, If we can get points off them we can win it. But taking points off them is easier said than done!​

That tactic seems like something I'd create. I had a somewhat odd Arsenal tactic with 3 central defenders, two wing-backs, two central mids, two central attacking mids and the lone striker, I called it the Bhoy

That tactic seems like something I'd create. I had a somewhat odd Arsenal tactic with 3 central defenders, two wing-backs, two central mids, two central attacking mids and the lone striker, I called it the Bhoy

I think there is an error in the Oceanic leagues I have though, All other teams all seem to play the same formation so all i'm doing is exploiting what they have! It is fun to play about though and see what you can come up with, I'm tempted to try a back 2 at my next team.....

do you think there will ever be a time when your at a club and you dont think you could leave them?

do you think there will ever be a time when your at a club and you dont think you could leave them?

Maybe if Blackburn have been relegated a few times(quite possible) and i get that job, these sort of saves are the only sort I manage the team I support!

We are the best team in Papua New Guinea however I didn't expect a season like this quite so soon, 16 wins from 16 in the league....

View attachment 333533

This meant at a canter we have won the league for the second time in a row.

View attachment 333536View attachment 333534View attachment 333535

With that one down only one competition remains, The O League. Here are our results for the group stage.

View attachment 333537

I said poionts off Auckland and we would be fine, 4 points off Auckland meant they could never catch us and we are into the final! We would play Waitakere United.

View attachment 333541

View attachment 333539View attachment 333540

A 1-0 victory at home followed by a 2-2 draw away gave us our first O League! Here is how it all happend.

View attachment 333538

View attachment 333542View attachment 333543
View attachment 333544View attachment 333545View attachment 333546

This means one side of the hexagon is done, I will take Tukoko into the World Club Cup but after that I will be moving continents.​

Well done Mojo Dex!

@apvmoreira That is a youth team, it's one of the many bugs and inaccuracies in the O-League supplied with the game.

Congrats Mojo! What round play-off do you go into in the CWC?

My last season in PNG regardless of what happens, So thankfully we have stormed the league again.

View attachment 333593

Our third title in as many seasons Tukoko are the best team in PNG by far.

View attachment 333592View attachment 333591View attachment 333597

We were also looking to retain the O League, The first team not from New Zealand to ever do so if we manage it.

We have topped our group taking points off Auckland was again the key to our success and we now have another final to look forward to, Waitakere United oppose us again in the final.

View attachment 333600

We again managed to over come Waitakere and we retain the O League!

View attachment 333601View attachment 333602

View attachment 333603View attachment 333604View attachment 333605View attachment 333606View attachment 333607View attachment 333608

just one more competition to update, The World Club Cup. We drew ES Tunis of Tunisia in the very first round. Amazingly we won!

View attachment 333609
View attachment 333614View attachment 333610View attachment 333611
View attachment 333612View attachment 333613

Even more shocking however was us winning in the quarter finals! However I find it unlikely we will go past the Semi Final having drawn Man Utd......

View attachment 333615View attachment 333616View attachment 333617View attachment 333618

Man Utd are massive massive favourites and quite rightly so! 4-0 flattered us Man Utd attacked at will and it was all we could do to reduce damage. At least my mate Jose was talking about me!

View attachment 333619View attachment 333620

View attachment 333622View attachment 333623View attachment 333624View attachment 333625

Sadly we also lost the 3rd place play off, but we are the smallest team in this contest and to do as well as we have is nothing short of amazing!

View attachment 333626View attachment 333628View attachment 333631View attachment 333629View attachment 333627

Here are our full results.

View attachment 333632

Sadly this brings to an end my time in Oceana, I have won 3 different top flghts and 2 O Leagues. One part of the hexagon is now complete.

View attachment 333633

I will be off to Africa next, I will outl;ine the leagues I have uploaded in my next post :)

The second leg of the Hexagon will take part in Africa.

africawork.GIF

These are the leagues I have loaded

The problem i've found in Africa is I only keep being offered top flight jobs, Since I can't do that I have struggled to get a job! It took me over a year to be offered a job I could actually take. I will be heading to Ghana to manage in there second flight.

ghana4.jpg

View attachment 333635View attachment 333636

I find the club in quite a state, Having only won once in ten games sitting 7th out of 8, my first port of call has to be avoiding relegation. The main positive I seem to of landed in a country where if i can get promoted I can win the Africa Champions league eventually. First things first though avoid relegation then aim for promotion. The transfer window is closed so I have to do this with the players who have clearly failed so far....

View attachment 333637View attachment 333638View attachment 333639

This is how I plan for us to line up for the remaining 4 games, the squad is awful so I have gone ultra defensive.

View attachment 333652

I'll do the four game update next where hopefully we will avoid relegation......

Last edited:
1. Well done on winning in Oceania and good luck in Africa.
2. When you complete the Hexagon, will you end the challenge or just fly around the continents picking up as many domestic trophies as you can?

1. Well done on winning in Oceania and good luck in Africa.
2. When you complete the Hexagon, will you end the challenge or just fly around the continents picking up as many domestic trophies as you can?

I plan to spend quite a while in Europe when I get there. Starting somewhere like Scandinavia and slowly working my way up, none of this starting in the big nations rubbish!

Status
Not open for further replies.