A31632 i think i found even a better tactic than Maralicious.Its based on "Arte at Marte" but with 3 flat trequartistas in AMC slots,initial tests made by me are looking very promising.I will reload 1 save of mine and test it for 1-2 seasons and ill tell u for sure if is better than Maralicious.Like u im trying to find the perfect tactic for FM 2014 and im using your tests to achieve this.

Sounds promising!
"Arte" is very solid at the back, so if it gets more firepower at the front it might well become the better tactic.

U

It should be, I tested 15 different variations with 3-5-2 and found v11 to play the best and also had the best results.

I tweaked v11 more (less risky passes by CD/BPD, normal tackling in OI instead of hard and better corner setups) so it should be slightly better given less stupid mistakes in back, and less cards/free kicks or penalty kicks against). I called this the "Final version ".

I have played my final version now in a new network game and after 18 matches with my PSV Eindhoven team still undefeated in friendlies (not fluid at all), competition and Europa league.

15 wins and 3 draws, 2 of which in preparation so far from fluid.
Lots of clean sheets too.

Amazing job. I playin with th AC T2 2AM-ANCH FINAL, the tactic gives me a lot of winnings, but I suffer a lot of stupid goals, by errors from the deffenders, and sometimes direct passes of my GK to the opp stricker...
A31632 when you are losing you stick with the same tactic? Or do you changet for another one?

Last edited:
Amazing job. I playin with th AC T2 2AM-ANCH FINAL, the tactic gives me a lot of winnings, but I suffer a lot of stupid goals, by errors from the deffenders, and sometimes direct passes of my GK to the opp stricker...
A31632 when you are losing you stick with the same tactic? Or do you changet for another one?

No, I stick with my tactic as, in this case, I know the "good days" will make more than up for the "bad days".
Also, changing tactics will mean that your players need to adapt to a new one and that can cause also issues.
Maybe your defenders have less capabilities and it would be better to change their passing from "more direct passing" which is now standard in the tactic, to "pass shorter".
That is always a good idea when a defender is a REALLY limited defender anyways.
this will make sure you keep possession more and hopefully also decreases the number of errors they make.

Nothing is more frustrating than completely outplaying your opponent and lose because of some stupid error.

Thanks, for your reply. Your tactic gives me a lot of wins. The situation that have told happens normally when I'm winning for one goal, and at the end the opposite team presures very high and some times, my defenders lose the ball or make wrong passes straight to the opp.
About changing the tactic, I've read that if you stick with only one tactic, the opp will know already how your team plays and it becomes harder to beat them. Is that true?

Thanks, for your reply. Your tactic gives me a lot of wins. The situation that have told happens normally when I'm winning for one goal, and at the end the opposite team presures very high and some times, my defenders lose the ball or make wrong passes straight to the opp.
About changing the tactic, I've read that if you stick with only one tactic, the opp will know already how your team plays and it becomes harder to beat them. Is that true?

Im not sure if FM2014 is programmed that way.
I read that in older version of FM the ME would anticipate and be more effective after a few seasons against the same tactic but to be honest I played until 2024 and my results have been very consistent so I haven't experienced this myself.

Try in the future to change to counter from control and I think it will help you during the last phases of the matches to keep your advantage on the scoreboard . It works with me.
i never change to "time wasting" options etc. as you usually get penalized for it.
Simple counter is usually, it's not guaranteed of course, enough to keep the win

A31632 I think Maralicious and Antonio Conte are complelementary from my initial tests.Maralicious is susceptible to formations with 2 strikers formation such as 442 for example.Even in my long save using it says this and i remember some games where zenit did manage equalise me after leading with 3-0 after they changed to 442 or how i lost to M City with 6-0 when they used 442 with pushed wingers.Dunno yet but it seems worth try this maybe its random but maybe is not,ill try a save and use this Maralicious vs formations with 1 striker and Antonio Conte vs 2 striker formations.

Last edited:
A31632 I think Maralicious and Antonio Conte are complelementary from my initial tests.Maralicious is susceptible to formations with 2 strikers formation such as 442 for example.Even in my long save using it says this and i remember some games where zenit did manage equalise me after leading with 3-0 after they changed to 442 or how i lost to M City with 6-0 when they used 442 with pushed wingers.Dunno yet but it seems worth try this maybe its random but maybe is not,ill try a save and use this Maralicious vs formations with 1 striker and Antonio Conte vs 2 striker formations.

Good to know, that was the idea when I posted this thread.
Every tactic has their own weaknesses and strengths and if a tactic will be successful or not depends mainly on which team was chosen and the strengths and weaknesses of the players in the teams.

now that you mention, when I'm winning for one goal, in last 10minutes if i'm playing against a big team (i'm playing with Reading 10th season with lot of good players, and great Regents), I tend to put contain + wast time. So I think that should be avoid at all. Apparently my players become dumb. :) What I also do is, turn my CWB into WB - support.
I will try your advice and put on counter mode.
I have my slots with your tactic, the mariol one, and the flying dutch (more offensive I guess because it is attacking mentality)
During these 10seasons, 0 titles. This season with your tactic I'm finally fighting for the title.

now that you mention, when I'm winning for one goal, in last 10minutes if i'm playing against a big team (i'm playing with Reading 10th season with lot of good players, and great Regents), I tend to put contain + wast time. So I think that should be avoid at all. Apparently my players become dumb. :) What I also do is, turn my CWB into WB - support.
I will try your advice and put on counter mode.
I have my slots with your tactic, the mariol one, and the flying dutch (more offensive I guess because it is attacking mentality)
During these 10seasons, 0 titles. This season with your tactic I'm finally fighting for the title.

Yes, would be nice if you finally would be able to win the title.
I agree that contain and time wasting is causing more problems than it solves.
I have used "counter" to great success in the last 15-20 minutes. No "time wasting" as I sometimes even score another one in that period LOL.

Contain mentality makes players act dumb and reckless ,time waste is good but as u said u are penalised and if AI play aggresive with high press its more troublemaker .Counter instead its optimal to play when u want close shop last 15 minutes.

Last edited:
Contain mentality makes players act dumb and reckless ,time waste is good but as u said u are penalised and if AI play aggresive with high press its more troublemaker .Counter instead its optimal to play when u want close shop last 15 minutes.

I agree. Counter with drop deeper gives best results for me in terms of intercepting the ball. I think contain can be used with very deep defensive line, to deny any kind of movement behind you, but then you could conceede from a long shot.

I agree. Counter with drop deeper gives best results for me in terms of intercepting the ball. I think contain can be used with very deep defensive line, to deny any kind of movement behind you, but then you could conceede from a long shot.

In order for a change in collective mentality to work, we must have some or most players in automatic role, right? A player with attacking role will ignore a collective change to counter or contain, and will never play defensively right?

In order for a change in collective mentality to work, we must have some or most players in automatic role, right? A player with attacking role will ignore a collective change to counter or contain, and will never play defensively right?

Well, if you play very fluid with defend mentality, everyone will look to defend, even the striker. If you want his duty to matter, you should switch to fluid or if you want everyone to do their duty, leave at balanced. I think there was a recent change, a patch or something, which made very fluid very difficult to incorporate. I think this was done to force you to change the fluidity as time passes by. You can't expect your team to play like they've known each other for years if you just bought and sold a bunch of players, and just took over reigns of a club. Very fluid is the best philosophy, but can no longer be used at the start of the game, at least with clubs I've been testing with.

Do you have results for the Brazil tactic? Is as good as people say?

Do you have results for the Brazil tactic? Is as good as people say?

I am testing it now, together with Epic v11 (I tested v9/v10 in my earlier tests). I expect to be done in 2-3 days and will update the results here

Thanks! Excelent job. BTW I was nevr successful with the epic (and I tried a lot of versions, the V7,v8 v9.. and quited). Probably the V10 might solve some problems. But with so many versions, how good it can be?

A31632 i will upload 2 tactics that i think are good and i think here is the place to upload them since their origins come from here and from your great tactics tested.I use 2 tactics atm that i have great succes.Their origins come from MrHough Bring funk back,but instead of 4123 i made them 41212 since i think this formation gain some "strengths" in ME.I think its at least same as good as Maralicious but is too early to tell i but with this tactic i eliminated Arsenal from Champions League playoffs with my 5 milion euro squad.
Here are the tactics 1 is "play narrower" and 1 is "play wider".I use this 2 tactics depending how AI employs playing me.For example if Ai play attacking and is better team i use narrow version.If Ai is weaker team and i know he play more cautious and i know he play narrow i use "wider" version.Also sometimes i use wider version vs teams that try exploits me excessively on flanks with 442/4411 for example since it does better job defensively in this situations.
Narrow version--->https://www.mediafire.com/?gdhrkm67he84k0c
Wider version--->https://www.mediafire.com/?p5smk50kcg1vsfb

Last edited:
I'm going to play a very important VERSUS match with the default Liverpool team, and then with the default Arsenal team, what tactic do you suggest me to use?

pretty urgent :D