In your OPINION who is the best player in the world?

• Thread starter Blynd1
  • Start date
  • Replies 236
  • Views 9K
If were basing it on acctually ability and teamwork... How can anyone name Berbatov... He is the laziest son of a ***** every to grace the Premier League and be called good...

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

El Hadj Diouf. In my opinion, of course.

To be honest... After last night, El Hadj needs shot.. Right in the face.

As for defenders I always thought Phillipe Mexes was the best Defender in the world, could be wrong now. But I believe he is also a fantastic defender.

He is fantastic but blows hot and cold. Not the best defender in the world right now, but definitely has potential.

Essien........ And Gerrard hasn't shown himself to be considered world class for 18 months, and the Age old Argument, Frank is a complete Footballer. and Gerrard doesn't offer his Goals.... See what i did there?

Sorry, just saw this. Essien doesn't offer Gerrard's passing range, set pieces, finishing ability.. He hasn't been at his best lately (he was awful against West Ham) but yes, for me he is still within the top 10 in the world. Is Rooney nowhere near the top 10 because he is in bad form? No, he only just missed out on my list. Frank Lampard is not complete, he offers hardly any defensive cover, work rate, tackling..

In my opinion....

Attack: Messi/Ronaldo/Forlan
Midfield: Iniesta/Scholes/Xavi/De Rossi (If we base it on ability and not current form)
Defence: Juan

Best player in the last 10 years? Totti!!!!!

Messi - He is something special, when you watch him your put into a trance and cant take your eye's off

Fabregas - The way he has made his name in the toughest league in the world and the way he has progressed in his national team with Xavi and Iniesta his competition is awesome

Carragher - his devotion to his club and country is something else he give it all and is one of the best defenders and players giving it all and never giving up

Giggs - a Devout man utd player when he was younger he was awesome and his skill was out of this world and even now he's older United cant do anything without him he is their heart and brains and really changes games.

By the way, it's really not funny when people put 'Emile Heskey.'

Since I've been watching:

Messi

And I love watching Iniesta at the minute

Nemanja Vidic. Absolute beast at the back, has saved United countless times this season alone. If he wasn't playing like this, United would be at least 8 points out of pocket, I'm sure of it.

Carragher - his devotion to his club and country is something else he give it all and is one of the best defenders and players giving it all and never giving up

Love this fella, however I'd be the first to admit he is hardly devoted to his country. Nowhere near one of the best in the world, but one of the most passionate and determined, indeed.

My top ten would be

1 - Messi
2 - Ronaldo
3 - Iniesta
4 - Xavi
5 - David Villa
6 - Gerard Pique
7 - Wayne Rooney
8 - Cesc Fabregas
9 - Wesley Sneijder/ Vidic
10 - Carlos Tevez

Last edited:
Has to be Messi.. Iniesta is up there, along with Paddy McCourt, just for his ability to do nothing for a month and then beat half the team and score a wonder goal :)

Nemanja Vidic. Monstrous at the back, one of the reasons we're top right now. Defender's never get the recognition.

Nemanja Vidic. Monstrous at the back, one of the reasons we're top right now. Defender's never get the recognition.

I forgot about him i would put him in there instead of Sneijder