In your OPINION who is the best player in the world?

• Thread starter Blynd1
  • Start date
  • Replies 236
  • Views 9K
1. Lionel Messi - Can change the ball with a single dribble, stunning player.
2. Cristiano Ronaldo - Nearly as good as Messi, El Clasico showed me why Messi is miles ahead though.
3. Xavi - Pulls the strings in the best team in the world, so consistant and one of his passes can rip a side apart.
4. Iker Casillas - Superb goalkeeper, the best goalkeeper I have EVER seen.
5. Andres Iniesta - Offers a mix of Messi and Xavi, possibly the best attacking midfielder in the world.
6. Nemanja Vidic - World's best defender, would be higher in my list, but he does have weaknesses, still he offers defensively, what Messi offers offensively.
7. Wesley Sneijder - Brilliant player, up there with Xavi and Iniesta, great passer.
8. Steven Gerrard - The most complete player in world football, when on form he offers more to a team then a Messi or Ronaldo.
9. Sergio Ramos - Most complete full-back in the world, the best in that position, imo.
10. Cesc Fabregas - Amazing midfielder, game changer and undoubtedly a great player, as much as I hate the guy.

Honourable mentions to, Didier Drogba, Ashley Cole, Patrice Evra, Wayne Rooney, Carlos Tevez, Samir Nasri, Pepe Reina, Fernando Torres, Mesut Ozil, Gonzalo Higuain, Gerard Pique, David Villa, Julio Cesar, Lucio, Maicon, Giorgio Chiellini, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery.

Last edited:
Iker Casillas, god knows how many times he's saved Madrid over the years.

...Then Messi.

4. Iker Casillas - Superb goalkeeper, the best goalkeeper I have EVER seen.

He's the best in the world, and my favorite active player. But no one I have ever seen play has EVER come close to Peter Schmeichel. He's the reason I became a keeper.
But that's just me of course.

Someone like Messi cant keep the ball for 10 minutes on his own, A lot of the time, he reallys on one-twos. Balls from other players to get him in the position to score goals, skin players and look good, to say he single handly wins games or scores goals with out another players is silly and comical.

A defender can make 4 goal line clearance, 5 last gap tackles and 3 clearance in one play,

see what i did there?

Fair shout, but Liverpool Exposed Vidic i few years back, with his lack of Mobility and agility when torres played on his shoulder, hence he then improved his game. Defenders have many weakness, whether it be pace/ power or response time

Why do you think then that it's universally considered a bad idea to tinker with your back 4, yet you can make changes to your attackers without problems? Obviously attacking is a team activity is well, but I think defending is more of a team game. There is more room for individual brilliance in the attacking third. I've seen instances where one attacking player carried a whole team on his back, and I haven't seen this happen nearly as much with one defender.

Lionel Messi, Gerrard is perhaps the most complete footballer in the world though.

The fact you have put 4/5 United players in the top 10 means I cannot take that list seriously.

The fact you even Considered gerrard the most Complete footballer in the world means most people cannot take you seriously.... This isn't 2007.

The fact you even Considered gerrard the most Complete footballer in the world means most people cannot take you seriously.... This isn't 2007.

Who is a more complete footballer then? The only player I can think that is close is Fabregas and he doesn't offer Gerrard's defensive qualities...

So who is more complete than Gerrard? You could definitely make a case for Ronaldo or Fabregas, but Ronaldo doesn't have Gerrard's work rate and defensive acumen and Fabregas isn't as good in the air and is nowhere near the physical specimen Gerrard is. In my eyes, Gerrard is still the finest all-round footballer in the world: quick, strong, creative, technical, aerial ability, good at defending and attacking, has mental strength and is an inspiring force for his team. IMO, best all-round player in the world.

Who is a more complete footballer then? The only player I can think that is close is Fabregas and he doesn't offer Gerrard's defensive qualities...

Essien........ And Gerrard hasn't shown himself to be considered world class for 18 months, and the Age old Argument, Frank is a complete Footballer. and Gerrard doesn't offer his Goals.... See what i did there?

For an all-round game I would say Steven Gerrard by a million miles.

For pure skill and dribbling , it's got to be Lionel Messi. Ronaldo is nowhere compared to him.

So who is more complete than Gerrard? You could definitely make a case for Ronaldo or Fabregas, but Ronaldo doesn't have Gerrard's work rate and defensive acumen and Fabregas isn't as good in the air and is nowhere near the physical specimen Gerrard is. In my eyes, Gerrard is still the finest all-round footballer in the world: quick, strong, creative, technical, aerial ability, good at defending and attacking, has mental strength and is an inspiring force for his team. IMO, best all-round player in the world 3 years ago

Just corrected that for you mate. he hasnt performed well enough for 18 months now, and if someone blames Injury, then that doesnt make him Complete.

And he argued with Rio, Vidic, Evra and Rooney being in the top 10, not my picks, but Arguably the best Players in there Positions in the World.... or defo Up theres.

Why is everyone saying Stevie G ??? He's been **** poor this season !!

Why is everyone saying Stevie G ??? He's been **** poor this season !!

Not to turn this into a Man Utd v Liverpool thread but everyone who has said Gerrard 's not the player he was etc have been Man U fans?

Not to turn this into a Man Utd v Liverpool thread but everyone who has said Gerrard 's not the player he was etc have been Man U fans?

So you think gerrard been as Good for the last 18months as he was in the Previous 18 then?

How this is still a debateable question is beyond me, Lionel Messi has proved time and again that he is the worlds greatest player. He single handedly destroyed Arsenal and many la liga teams, week in week out. Of course there are other good players but they just dont compare.

This is the top 10 IMO

1. Messi
2. Xavi
3. Ronaldo
4. Iniesta
5. Villa
6. Sneijder
7. Robben
8. Pique
9. Robben
10. Lucio

How this is still a debateable question is beyond me, Lionel Messi has proved time and again that he is the worlds greatest player. He single handedly destroyed Arsenal and many la liga teams, week in week out. Of course there are other good players but they just dont compare.

This is the top 10 IMO

1. Messi
2. Xavi
3. Ronaldo
4. Iniesta
5. Villa
6. Sneijder
7. Robben
8. Pique
9. Robben
10. Lucio

Think would agree with this list but just swap Lucio and Vidic.

The top 4 is so hard to choose.

People actually think Gerrard at the current time is in the top 10 in the world?

Just off the top of my head. Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Villa, Fabregas, Torres, Ronaldo, Sneijder, Essien, Lampard ;), Sneijder, Pique, Puyol, Vidic. Can think of other players that are better that Gerrard. He is obviously a great player but not up there with the best in the world.

Think would agree with this list but just swap Lucio and Vidic.

The top 4 is so hard to choose.

People actually think Gerrard at the current time is in the top 10 in the world?

Just off the top of my head. Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Villa, Fabregas, Torres, Ronaldo, Sneijder, Essien, Lampard ;), Sneijder, Pique, Puyol, Vidic. Can think of other players that are better that Gerrard. He is obviously a great player but not up there with the best in the world.
-In your opinion.