[INSERT WITTY TITLE HERE] - A Journeyman Save

THE SPLIT
View attachment 1125430
Can we catch Celtic?

SCOTTISH PREMIERSHIP
Hibernian 2-0 Rangers
View attachment 85597
Page, O'Connor, Orr, Sanogo, Turner, Mackay, Davidson, Murrall, Hood (Parker 65), Radschuweit, Kyle

A solid start as we aim to hunt down Celtic

SCOTTISH PREMIERSHIP
Hibernian 1-0 Aberdeen
View attachment 85596
Page, O'Connor, Orr, Sanogo, Turner, Mackay, Davidson (Findlay 71), Murrall, Hood (Parker 71), Radschuweit, Kyle

Tight but we'll take it

SCOTTISH PREMIERSHIP
Celtic 4-2 Hibernian
View attachment 85594
Page, O'Connor, Orr, Sanogo, Turner, Mackay, Davidson (Findlay 51), Murrall, Hood, Radschuweit, Kyle

They had 4 shots on target...

SCOTTISH PREMIERSHIP
Heart of Midlothian 2-1 Hibernian
View attachment 85593
Page, O'Connor, Lake, Sanogo, Turner, Mackay, Orr, Murrall, Hood, Radschuweit, Kyle (Webster 45)

We were awful

SCOTTISH PREMIERSHIP
Hibernian 0-3 Motherwell
View attachment 85592
Page, O'Connor, Tran, Sanogo, Turner, Findlay, Orr (Morilla 84), Murrall, Hood (Mitchell 84), Radschuweit, Kyle

**** off

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 85591

[FONT=&quot]2037 SCOTTISH CUP FINAL
View attachment 85583
HIBERNIAN v HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN
[/FONT]View attachment 1125447 View attachment 85582
An Edinburgh derby at Hampden

LINEUPS
View attachment 85581
Hibs are missing John Mackay and Derek O'Connor ad Hearts go with a defensive 4-5-1

KICK-OFF

[FONT=&quot]7th Minute-Hughes stands over the freekick... GOAL! 1-0 HEARTS![/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]12th Minute-Murrall, to Radschuweit, through for WARREN KYLE! He should have scored
15th Minute-Barker, into Findlay, who finds Murrall, forward to Findlay again, insde for ALEX HOOD!

[FONT=&quot]21st Minute-Ruiz whips the ball in, Courtney shoots and its in off STEPHEN ORR! 2-1![/FONT]
24th minute-Hibs are knocking the ball from side to side of Hearts' box looking for an opening and they've found one here as Radschuweit shoots.. HITS THE POSt! It rolls along the goaline, GOAL! Rankin's messed up his clearance and its 2-2!
27th Minute-Murrall, to Findlay who finds Radschueiwt, inside for HOOD!!!! 3-2!

HALF-TIME
Hibernian 3-2 Heart of Midlothian
Exhilarating

SECOND-HALF
[FONT=&quot]50th Minute-Hood now, takes it forward and finds JOHANNES RADSCHUWEIT! 4-2!
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]51st Minute-Lewin Bernard replaces Juan Pedro for Hearts
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]56th Minute-Murrall, finds Turner in the box, he pulls it back for WARREN KYLE! 5-2!
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]57th Minute-Callum Yates replaces Gary Cracknell for Hearts
60th Minute-Ross McCart replaces Chris Beasant for Hearts
66th Minute-Hearts win it back in midfield, here's Yates now over the top for HUGHES! 5-3![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]74th Minute-Colm Webster replaces Warren Kyle for Hibernian
[/FONT]

FULL-TIME
Hibernian 5-3 Heart of Midlothian
View attachment 85580

Another £11m banked?

That last month in the league went **** up in quite a big way...

10th of September 2037Its been a frustrating summer here at Easter Road, stadium extensions have lead to us seeing our financial clout severely limited and has allowed clubs smaller than us, at home and abroad, to swoop in and snap up our transfer targets

Key loanees from last season, Nick Turner and Moussa Sanogo, aren't being allowed back by parent clubs Manchester United and Everton and our lack of funds has lead to loanees and youngsters being our only options in the transfer market.

Our squad has been severely weakened and this was evidence by our mauling at the hands of Wolfsburg in the Champions League Playoff, seeing us slump into the Europa League *shudder*

Now, I know I want to build something here, but the board is a joke. £20m in the club, after paying in the region of £6m for an extension, how much am I given? £1m. ******* joke.

I can't even bring in any decent free transfers, only one guy turned up on the 1st of July following the expiration of his contract and he's meant to be a backup!

Somehow we're favourites for the title despite Murrall, Hood and Orr all making noises about leaving the club, it makes no sense! Celtic will win it again, and probably a few more times after that unless this board gets their **** in gear. That's why I have a dilemma

I've been offered a job, back in England, with a giant of English football. Everton.

I did interview at Manchester United too and did pretty well, but I think The Smiths are **** and I couldn't handle living in the city that produced Morrissey

Everton though. They're a completely different kettle of fish. I actually like Everton and was close to taking over a few years back, shitloads of history and room to expand. They'd give me a £40m transfer budget as well.

They've got some great youngsters including last season's loanee Moussa Sanogo and haven't tasted success in a long time, they're last major honour being the FA Cup in 1995, 42 YEARS AGO!

The only problem is, they're in the Championship. What do I do?

******* take it. £40m to get yourself back into the Prem, and then you can do the same at Everton as you've been trying at Hibs. No sense waiting around for the Hibs board to pull their collective thumbs out, it might never happen.

Also - the Smiths ARE ****.

Yes Everton seems the way to go! you can easily get them back into the Prem. It could be a very long time before you overtake Celtic if that is the transfer budget you are given.

******* take it. £40m to get yourself back into the Prem, and then you can do the same at Everton as you've been trying at Hibs. No sense waiting around for the Hibs board to pull their collective thumbs out, it might never happen.

Also - the Smiths ARE ****.
The £40m is a huge incentive, and yes, they really are

Yes Everton seems the way to go! you can easily get them back into the Prem. It could be a very long time before you overtake Celtic if that is the transfer budget you are given.
Agreed, its a bit of a shame to leave without winning the SPL though

View attachment 85322
TOFFEES GET THEIR MAN
View attachment 85321

Everton have today confirmed the capture of Matthew Hawkins as their new manager following the sacking of Grant Ward after relegation from the Premier League

Everton paid £2.4m in compensation to Hibernian to get their man, 41 year old Matthew Hawkins

The Welshman found his second wind at Hibs having been sacked from his two previous jobs with Borussia Mönchengladbach and Newcastle United

Fans at the Goodison Park club will be expecting big things from the accomplished manager as they aim to return to the Premier League
View attachment 85320

Boom. Great decision. Looking forward to seeing the new squad. And how you spend that dough...

The SPL's loss the Everton's gain. Shame Hibs board is as daft in the 2030's as they are now. Never remember Aberdeen's board being that bad but still maybe a reason to come back to Scotland in the future for some unfinished business

Boom. Great decision. Looking forward to seeing the new squad. And how you spend that dough...
As am I

The SPL's loss the Everton's gain. Shame Hibs board is as daft in the 2030's as they are now. Never remember Aberdeen's board being that bad but still maybe a reason to come back to Scotland in the future for some unfinished business
Cheers mate

It was strange that they'd give me tiny wage + transfer budgets despite having £20m+ in the bank

SQUAD REPORT
View attachment 85269
This squad is solid for this division and they got £63m in sales over the summer, January will be fun

GOALKEEPERS
Regis Ngiamba & Darren Read
View attachment 85264 View attachment 85263
Two solid goalkeepers by the looks of things, no need to bring one in

FULL-BACKS
Sam Ecott, Gary MacLean, Cian Lally & Marc Combe
View attachment 85262 View attachment 85261 View attachment 85260 View attachment 85259
Again, some solid options. Left back is almost a perfect blend of youth and experience however we'll need a younger right-back soon, fortunately there's a decent one in the Under 23s but he's out on loan

CENTRE-BACKS
Moussa Sanogo, Ismael Romero & Arnaldo Ortiz
View attachment 85258 View attachment 85257 View attachment 85256
A familiar face! Moussa Sanogo is still here and is one of the reasons I'm here, we need another centre back and Steven Orr would be ideal, but Hibs want £60m

WINGERS
Xavi Palanca, John O'Connell & Maxime Clauss
View attachment 85255 View attachment 85254 View attachment 85253
We need another winger, I'll try playing with those here

MIDFIELDERS
Zoltan Somsak, Joe Joyce, Joey Cross, Brian Henderson, Mikiya Shimada, Pete Weatherstone & Glenn Woods
View attachment 85252 View attachment 85251 View attachment 85250 View attachment 85249 View attachment 85248 View attachment 85247 View attachment 85246
A nice spread of players across the midfield with some potential, could probably do with some more defensive players

STRIKERS
Vito Cazzaniga, Bob Dalton, Simo Matsi & Callum Talbot
View attachment 85245 View attachment 85244 View attachment 85243 View attachment 85242
Come more decent players but they're all quite similar, could do with some variation AAAAAAAAAAND they all want to leave

Nice. Joey Cross looks like a future skipper. No idea how they got relegated with those strikers either - they each have their weaknesses but between them you'd think there's plenty of goals in the team.

team looks very good. I'm confident you will get them promoted this season, hopefully if you can persuade players to stay till the end of the season they might want to stay?

Nice. Joey Cross looks like a future skipper. No idea how they got relegated with those strikers either - they each have their weaknesses but between them you'd think there's plenty of goals in the team.
Its a decent collection, but somehow they only scored 37 goals last season
team looks very good. I'm confident you will get them promoted this season, hopefully if you can persuade players to stay till the end of the season they might want to stay?
Hope so, although none of them are irreplaceable

1st of October 2037I'm back in England, four years after being sacked by Newcastle and I've got to say I'm loving it, so far. I've taken over a team with ambition and a good squad, my only problem being finding the tactic to get the most out of this talented squad

So far, I think we've achieved that. We've gone with a 4-3-3 based on possession and although we haven't fully clicked yet, we're getting there, as evidenced by 5 wins from 6

We kicked off with a 3-1 win away at MK Dons, where we excelled despite a red card for Joey Cross in the 36th minute, that was followed up by a 2-1 win at home to Luton, where a dominant performance was witnessed by 31,748 under the floodlights at Goodison Park

A 1-0 win away at Ewood Park followed as we strutted our stuff, despite limited tactical knowledge as one of my first winger-based tactics for years seemed to be clicking. Then we went to Stoke in the League Cup, Stoke are still a middling Premier League team, something we aspire to be in a year or two and we proved to be not far off it as we matched the Potters all over the field at the Whatever-Its-Called-Now-Stadium before crashing out 2-1. Shame.

We then welcome my boyhood club, struggling Cardiff City, and struggled to break down the lowly Bluebirds until a Vito Cazzaniga strike in the 70th minute broke Welsh hearts and awarded us all three points, we followed that up with another 1-0 win, this one away to Shreewsbury as a fortuitous own goal awarded us another trio of points. Like I said we're not clicking.

Despite that, we're top of the league and I've won Manager of the Month, happy days.

OCTOBER

View attachment 84957

More of the same please

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP

Everton 3-0 Sunderland

View attachment 84956

Read, Lally, Romero 21, Sanogo, MacLean, Cross, Somsak (Weatherstone 70), Joyce, O'Connell, Palanca, Dalton

When Romero got sent off I feared the worst but the team surprised me and ramped their performances up a bit, running out comprehensive winners

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP

Reading 0-2 Everton

View attachment 84955

Ngiamba, Lally, Ortiz, Sanogo, Combe, Cross, Somsak, Joyce (Weatherstone 62), O'Connell, Palance, Dalton (Talbot 62)

A solid win where we could/should have got more

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP

Everton 0-0 Huddersfield Town

View attachment 84954

Ngiamba, Lally, Ortiz, Sanogo, Combe, Cross, Somsak, Joyce (Weatherstone 65), O'Connell, Palanca, Dalton (Talbot 65)

*ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP

Birmingham City 2-0 Everton

View attachment 84949

Ngiamba, Lally, Ortiz, Sanogo, MacLean, Cross (Weatherstone 67), Somsak, Joyce, O'Connell, Palanca, Dalton

My first loss with Everton and its against the ******* Brummies

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP

Everton 0-0 Hull City

View attachment 84946

Ngiamba, Lally, Romero, Sanogo, MacLean, Cross, Somsak, Joyce (Weatherstone 75), O'Connell, Palanca, Dalton (Cazzaniga 55)

Boooooooooooooooooriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 84945

Still top

NOVEMBER
View attachment 84944
We were poor towards the end of last month, let's improve

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Nottingham Forest 1-1 Everton
View attachment 84943
Ngiamba, Lally, Romero, Sanogo, MacLean, Somsak, Joyce, O'Connell, Shimada, Palanca (Clauss 56), Dalton (Cazzaniga 56)

We switched to a 4-2-3-1 and it worked, ish

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Everton 4-1 Coventry City
View attachment 84942
Ngiamba, Lally, Romero, Sanogo, MacLean, Somsak, Joyce, O'Connell, Shimada (Weatherstone 67), Palanca, Dalton

A complete performance saw us crush Coventry at Goodison

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Barnsley 0-2 Everton
View attachment 84941
Ngiamba, Lally, Romero, Sanogo, MacLean, Somsak (Cross 87), Joyce (Weatherstone 87), O'Connell, Shimada (Cazzaniga 62), Palanca, Dalton

I like 4-2-3-1

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 84940
Lead. Extended.