[Insert Witty Title Here] - A Journeyman Save

TheLuckDuck

Reaction score
I've decided to re enter the wonderful lockdown-less world of Football Manager for the millionth time and thought I'd write about it, because why not? I've nicked the title of a story I've written before on here, there'll be a lot of plagiarism. https://fm-base.co.uk/threads/insert-witty-title-here-a-journeyman-save.155622/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wiltshire-Times.jpg

HAWKINS TAKES CHARGE AT CHIPPENHAM
SesofZiu.jpg

Chippenham Town have today announced the appointment of former Bluebirds midfielder Matthew Hawkins as the club's latest manager

Hawkins, 28, made 57 appearances for the club in a 3 year spell marred by accusations of off-the-field issues which ended abruptly for unknown reasons

Hawkins, who's been out of football for 2 years, is said to be delighted at taking over, having told reporters this earlier: "I'm delighted to take over here at Chippenham, its a club close to my heart and I can't wait to do well here."

He also had a message for the fans "I may have left under a cloud last time but I'm a different person now, I can't wait to make a team for the people Chippenham to be proud of and finally show the world that Chippenham is the greatest town in north west Wiltshire! We'll show those b*stards in Malmesbury who's boss!"

Hawkins was a bizarre choice considering his past but he has the full backing of the board, who had this to say in a statement:

"We're delighted that Matthew accepted the job offer, he was our number 1 target and we know he'll do well. Any accusations that Matthew only got the job due to improper reasons are unhelpful and hurtful, it is a complete coincidence that Director Gardner's wife Polly has finally been found by the police following her mysterious disappearance last month"

Manager.PNG

Mr Hawkins pictured at his last job as part of the Wiltshire Krautrock stripping ensemble
Chippenwerk

1st August 2020

So this is Chippenham, and what have we done? Not a huge amount, only took over a few days ago. I'll be honest when I first joined the club as a player, I thought it was Cardiff City because of the nickname and I've made the same mistake again. Ah well, to the Conference South it is!

Now no matter what people have heard about a certain club director's wife and a fishing rod, I had noting to do with it and have earned this job completely on merit in spite of having no qualifications and no interview, I just have such a magnetic presence that they felt compelled to give me the job. Now having met the squad I wish I hadn't gone to all that trouble, I'm on £925 a week which is better than my stripping days, but is it worth it? Job satisfaction is key.

First off, the club's tinpot. Tiny ground, rubbish facilities, no money.
Facilities.PNG

Second, they're a pointless club. They've never done anything, 147 years and two trophies. Pathetic.
Background.PNG

Third, there is zero ambition. Stay up and not even reach the actual FA Cup? Come on guys! Have some belief

Expectations.PNG

Mind you the squad is pretty poor so I suppose realism isn't to be frowned upon. Our best player is Woody from Toy Story
Joe Hanks.PNG

I enjoyed his work in Saving Private Ryan, but come on mate, this is the 6th tier, we can't be relying on film stars to bail us out, only National League clubs can do that!

So yeah, that's Chippenham, and I can't wait to f*cking leave
SesofZiu.jpg

Even the badge is sh*t

220px-Chippenham_Town_F.C._logo.png

It turns out the season doesn't start until October, I wish someone had told me before I drove down to the stadium for the start of the season in September in a full suit but that doesn't matter now. Apparently some idiot at the FA messed up his sums and the season has to start late. Genius.

Anyway that meant I had to add on a few more pre season friendlies to our hectic action packed schedule as we played 2 months worth of friendlies. These boys will be fit as anything come the start of the season. Or they would be if they weren't semi pro and spending half the time in the pub. Anyway...

Friendlies.PNG

Lots of wins and some draws, doesn't matter really to be honest. Throughout these friendlies we payed an experimental system known as the "four four two", I think it might catch on. I've been labelled a maverick before and I'm sure such tactical inventiveness will only cement my status as one of the most forward thinking managers in the game. I'm ready to unleash the "big man little man combo" up front but I'm not sure the world is ready for that yet

To facilitate this outrageous tactic I've signed Rhys and Ben. Say hi to Rhys and Ben

Ben Friel.PNG

Rhys Davies.PNG

That's Rhys and Ben. That's about it for now, next stop promotion. Maybe.

OCTOBER
SesofZiu.jpg

The season starts now.

FA CUP SECOND QUALIFYING ROUND

Chippenham Town 2-0 Hartley Wintney
Chip 2-0 HW.PNG

Davies, Jones, Hamilton, Parselle, Gleenslade, Stearn (Bray 61), Hanks, Russe (Gunner 61), Mann, Jackson, Phillips
It wasn't pretty, but it'll do

VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE SOUTH

Chippenham Town 1-2 Chelmsford City
Chip 1-2 Che.PNG

Davies, Jones, Hamilton (Case 75), Parselle, Gleenslade, Bray, Hanks, Russe, Stearn, Jackson, Phillips (Golding 52)
Comprehensively beaten by the better team as the 4-4-2 failed us, perhaps its too radical?

FA CUP THIRD QUALIFYING ROUND

Corinthian Casuals 0-1 Chippenham Town
CC 0-1 Chip.PNG

Davies, Jones, Hamilton, Parselle, Greenslade, Bray, Hanks, Gunner, Mann, Russe, Phillips
Its hardly free flowing football but a win's a win

Ebbsfleet United 1-1 Chippenham Town
Ebb 1-1 Chip.PNG

Davies, Jones, Parselle, Hamilton, Greenslade, Jackson, Hanks, Gunner, Mann, Russe, Phillips
A decent result against a bigger club

FA CUP FOURTH QUALIFYING ROUND
Chippenham Town 0-0 Dover Athletic
Dover win 4-3 on penatlies
Chip 0-0 Dov.PNG

Davies, Jones, Hamilton, Parselle, Gleenslade, Jackson (Bray 105), Hanks, Friel, Mann (Stearn 105), Russe, Phillips
So close to a scalp as big boys Dover came to town, some kid with a laptop said we had 1.49xG whatever that means

Chippenham Town 0-0 Welling United
Chip 0-0 Well.PNG

Davies, Case (Jones 67), Hamilton (Golding 67), Parselle, Greenslade, Bray, Hanks, Friel, Stearn, Russ, Phillips
We seem ok defensively but going forward we're a shambles

Chippenham Town 3-3 Dulwich Hamlet
Chip 3-3 Dul.PNG

Davies, Jones, Hamilton, Parselle, Greenslade, Russ, Hanks, Friel, Jackson, Mann, Phillips
We changed shape for this and were good going forward but a shambles defensively. WHY CAN'T WE BE GOOD AT TWO THINGS?

LEAGUE TABLE
Table.PNG

No league and wins and out of the cup. Could have been worse though look at Hemel!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
Marlon Jackson
POTM.PNG

He was alright

NOVEMBER
SesofZiu.jpg

Month 1 didn't go as planned, month 2 may be better

Slough Town 1-2 Chippenham Town
SLO 1-2 CHI.PNG

Davies, Jones, Parselle, Hamilton, Greenslade, Russe, Hanks, Friel, Jackson, Stearn (Mann 74), Phillips (Brunt 74)
We fell behind early but rallied, which allowed much maligned substitute Brunt pop up to grab our first win of the season

Hemel Hempstead Town 1-1 Chippenham Town
HEM 1-1 CHI.PNG

Davies, Jones, Hamilton, (Case 78), Parselle, Greenlade, Russe, Hanks, Friel, Jackson (Stearn 62), Mann, Phillips
A disappointing draw against a poor side here as right back Jones bagged our only goal

Chippenham Town 3-1 Dartford
CHI 3-1 DAR.PNG

Davies, Jones, Hamilton (Case 65), Parselle, Greenslade, Russe (Golding 75), Hanks, Gunner, Mann, Stearn, Phillips
A great response as we comfortable beat Dartford in spite of their penalty scare

Chippenham Town 2-1 Tonbridge Angels
CHI 2-1 TON.PNG

Davies, Jones, Hamilton, Parselle, Greenslade, Russe, Hanks, Friel (Golding 71), Bray, Stearn (Mann 71), Phillips
Nothing angelic about Tonbridge, they were sh*t

Braintree Town 0-2 Chippenham Town
BRA 0-2 CHI.PNG

Davies, Case (Jones 65), Hamilton, Parselle, Greenslade, Mann, Russe, Hanks, Bray, Stearn, Brunt
A man of the match from Rhys Davies secured us a valuable win

VANARMA NATIONAL LEAGUE SOUTH

Hampton & Richmond Borough 0-4 Chippenham Town
HAM 0-4 CHI.PNG

Davies, Jones, Hamilton (Case 68), Parselle, Greenslade, Mann, Russe, Hanks, Jackson, Stearn (Bray 30), Phillips
Bit unfair to play two teams but we won anyway

LEAGUE TABLE
Tabe.PNG

A far better month sees us push up the league

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
Joe Hanks
POTM.PNG
An excellent month from Tom

DECEMBER
images

Hopefully its a very enjoyable festive season for us here at Chippenham

Bath City 2-0 Chippenham Town
BAT 2-0 CHI.PNG

Davies, Jones (Case 73), Hamilton, Parselle, Greenslade, Mann, Hanks, Friel, Bray, Zebroski, Phillips (Brunt 79)
We went to our local rivals and nobody turned up. A truly abject performance as Freddie Hinds ripped us a new one

FA TROPHY SECOND ROUND

Eastbourne Borough 0-1 Chippenham Town
EAS 0-1 CHI.PNG

Davies, Jones, Hamilton, Parselle, Greenslade, Hanks, Russe, Friel, Jackson (Bray 74), Mann, Phillips (Brunt 74)
Cup progression doesn't make up for derby defeat

Chippenham Town 1-0 Oxford City
CHI 1-0OXF.PNG

Davies, Jones, Hamilton (Case 89), Parselle, Greenslade, Hanks, Russe, Friel, Jackson (Bray 89), Mann, Phillips
Adam's the Mann! I'll get my coat...

FA TROPHY THIRD ROUND

Chippenham Town 1-0 Dorking Wanderers
CHI 1-0 DOR.PNG

Davies, Jones, Parselle, Hamilton, Greenslade, Mann, Hanks, Russe (Friel 45), Jackson, Stearn, Phillips
We've got Stockport in the next round, they're, like, a proper club and stuff

Chippenham Town 5-1 St Albans
CHI 5-1 ST.PNG

Davies, Jones (Case 75), Hamilton, Parselle, Greenslade, Mann, Hanks, Friel, Jackson, Stearn (Bray 58), Phillips (Brunt 75)
A big battering of St Albans is fun

VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE

Havant & Waterlooville 1-0 Chippenham Town
HAV 1-0 CHI.PNG

Davies, Jones, Hamilton, Parselle, Greenslade, Mann, Gunner (Hanks 58), Friel, Bray (Jackson 58), Stearn, Phillips
A defeat away in Havant sees us bookend the month with defeats

LEAGUE TABLE

Table.PNG

Playoffs are the aim now

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
Rhys Davies
POTM.PNG

A very good month from our young keeper

JANUARY
T0FLMTE4NTM5MDE5.jpg

Will we be experiencing some January blues? I sure hope not

Chippenham Town 1-1 Maidstone United
CHI 1-1 MAI.PNG

Davies, Jones, Case, Parselle, Greenslade, Mann (Ash 58), Hanks, Friel, Jackson (Bray 24), Stearn, Phillips
A disappointing draw and Jackson is out for 3 to 4 months. Great.

Chippenham Town 4-2 Dorking Wanderers
CHI 4-2 DOR.PNG

Davies, Jones, Hamilton, Parselle, Greenslade, Mann, Hanks, Friel (Russe 64), Bray, Stearn, Phillips
A really fun game where we came out on top despite an early scare. Fun.

Eastbourne Borough 3-2 Chippenham Town
EAS 3-2 CHI.PNG

Davies, Jones, Hamilton, Parselle, Greenslade, Hanks, Russe, Friel (Gunner 78), Mann, Stearn (Ash 78), Phillips
Speechless.

FA TROPHY FOURTH ROUND

Stockport County 3-1 Chippenham Town
STO 3-1 CHI.PNG

Davies, Jones, Hamilton, Parselle 41, Greenslade, Hanks (Case 41), Russe 83, Friel, Bray, Stearn, Phillips
Completely embarrassed ourselves.

Billericay Town 3-1 Chippenham Town
CIL 3-1 CHI.PNG

Davies, Jones, Hamilton, Case, Greenslade, Mann, Hanks, Friel, Bray, Stearn, Phillips
Bad to worse

Chippenham Town 2-2 Concord Rangers
CHI 2-2 CON.PNG

Davies, Jones, Hamilton, Parselle, Greenslade, Hanks, Russe, Friel, Stearn (Bray 63), Mann, Phillips
At least we didn't lose

LEAGUE TABLE
Table.PNG

How are we still in the playoffs?

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
Joe Hanks
POTM.PNG

Tom our only saving grace

New contract.PNG

Somehow I got a new contract in spite of all that

FEBRUARY
T0FLMTE4NTM5MDE5.jpg

Its the month of looove here in Chippenham. Hopefully they remember that its meant to be outside the family

Hungerford Town 2-0 Chippenham Town
HUN 2-0 CHI.PNG

Davies, Jones, Hamilton, Parselle, Greenslade, Hanks (Gunner 69), Russe, Friel (Ash 69), Bray, Stearn, Phillips
A very disappointing defeat away here in Berkshire

Chelmsford City 3-2 Chippenham Town
CHE 3-2 CHI.PNG

Davies, Jones, Hamilton, Parselle, Greenslade, Mann (Russe 60), Hanks, Friel, Bray, Stearn, Phillips
A second half rally wasn't enough

Welling United 0-2 Chippenham Town
WEL 0-2 CHI.PNG

Davies, Morgan (Jones 74), Ward, Parselle, Greenslade, Hanks, Friel, Russe, Mann, Bickley (Stearn 74), Phillips
That's more like it! An excellent away win

Chippenham Town 1-0 Ebbsfleet United
CHI 1-0 EBB.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Hamilton, Parselle, Greenslade, Mann (Hanks 63), Russe, Friel, Bray (Phillips 63), Stearn, Bickley
Another great win against a top side

LEAGUE TABLE
Table.PNG

Our xG is great but we just can't score

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
Kieran Phillips
POTM.PNG

We extended his loan and he repaid our faith in him

SIGNINGS
Jamie Morgan.PNG
Lorne Bickley.PNG
Darren Ward.PNG

Brought in some needed reinforcements

MARCH
T0FLMTE4NTM5MDE5.jpg

Marching on to the promised land

Chippenham Town 2-0 Braintree Town
CHI 2-0 BRA.PNG

Davies, Morgan (Jones 68), Hamilton, Parselle, Greenslade, Hanks, Russe (Mann 68), Friel, Stearn, Bickley, Phillips
A very comfortable win as we grab 2 goals in 2 minutes

Dulwich Hamlet 1-1 Chippenham Town
DUL 1-1 CHI.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Hamilton, Parselle, Greenslade, Mann, Hanks, Friel, Stearn (Russe 68), Bickley, Phillips
Gutted we couldn't beat Hipster FC

VANARAMA NAITONAL LEAGUE SOUTH
Dartford 0-2 Chippenham Town
DAR 0-2 CHI.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Ward, Parselle 88, Greenslade, Hanks (Stearn 67), Russe, Friel, Mann, Bickley, Phillips
Another comfortable win. Are we good all of a sudden?

Chippenham Town 1-0 Slough Town
CHI 1-0 SLO.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Hamilton, Ward (Case 90), Greenslade, Mann (Russe 72), Hanks, Friel, Stearn, Bickley, Phillips
Kieran Phillips is developing into a tidy little player

Chippenham Town 1-0 Hemel Hempstead
CHI 1-0 HEM.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Parselle, Greenslade, Hanks, Russe, Friel, Mann (Jackson 65), Bickley (Walton 65), Phillips
See above.

LEAGUE TABLE
Table.PNG

Oh hello hello hello

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
Kieran Phillips
POTM.PNG

He's doing alright

SIGNINGS
Brought in Paul and Toby. Paul excites me
Paul Walton.PNG
Toby Lees.PNG

APRIL
T0FLMTE4NTM5MDE5.jpg

A foolish month if I ever I saw one

Tonbridge Angels 2-2 Chippenham Town
TON 1-1 CHI.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Parselle, Greenslade, Hanks, Russe, Friel, Mann, Bickley (Walton 70), Phillips
This lot are pathetic, we drop so many points late on through silly mistakes

Chippenham Town 0-1 Hampton & Richmond Borough
CHI 0-1 HAM.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Parselle, Greenslade, Hanks (Mann 71), Russe, Friel, Bray, Walton (Bickley 71), Phillips

Our forwards just didn't turn up

Oxford City 1-1 Chippenham Town
OXF 1-0 CHI.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Hamilton, Lees (Greenslade 63), Parselle, Hanks, Russe, Friel, Stearn (Mann 82), Bickley, Phillips
Yet another point dropped from a winning position

Chippenham Town 0-0 Bath City
CHI 0-0 BAT.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Hamilton, Parselle, Russe, Hanks (Jackson 56), Friel, Mann, Bickley (Walton 75), Phillips
Lads obviously just don't like winning

St Alban's City 1-1 Chippenham Town
STA 1-1 CHI.PNG

Davies, Parselle, Hamilton (Ward 79), Lees, Russe, Hanks, Friel, Mann, Friend, Bickley (Walton 69), Phillips (Jackson 79)
MORE POINTS DROPPED. PATHETIC.

Chippenham Town 1-0 Havant & Waterlooville
CHI 1-0 HAV.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Parselle, Greenslade, Friend (Russe 59), Hanks, Friel, Mann, Bickley (Jackson 59), Phillips
Finally a win!

LEAGUE TABLE
Table.PNG

It baffles me that we're still in the playoffs

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
Owen Friend
POTM.PNG

A child.

YOUTH INTAKE
Intake.PNG

MAY
T0FLMTE4NTM5MDE5.jpg

Title's gone, just need to secure that playoff spot

Maidstone United 1-1 Chippenham Town
MAI 1-1 CHI.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Parselle, Greenslade, Friend (Russe 65), Hanks, Friel, Mann, Bickley, Phillips
More dropped points, its very annoying

Chippenham Town 1-0 Eastbourne Borough
CHI 1-0 EAS.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Hamilton, Parselle, Friend, Russe, Hanks, Stearn, Bickley (Walton 69), Phillips
Oh we managed to hold on. Well done lads

Dorking Wanderers 1-1 Chippenham Town
DOR 1-1 CHI.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Hamilton, Parselle (Lees 64), Greenslade, Hanks (Jackson 71), Russe, Friel, Mann, Bickley (Walton 64), Phillips
Sigh.

Chippenham Town 1-0 Billericay Town
CHI 1-0 BIL.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Hamilton, Parselle, Frien (Russe 69), Hanks, Friel, Mann, Bickley, Phillips
We're better against the better teams

Chippenham Town 1-0 Hungerford Town
CHI 1-0 HUN.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Hamilton, Lees, Parselle, Friend (Russe 67), Hanks, Friel, Mann, Bickley, Phillips

We're hardly swashbuckling

Concord Rangers 0-1 Chippenham Town
CON 0-1 CHI.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Parselle, Greenslade, Friend, Hanks (Russe 73), Friel, Mann (Jackson 73), Bickley, Phillips

Ending the season with a 1-0? How fitting

LEAGUE TABLE
Table.PNG

We've dropped 22 points from winning positions, hold on in just half of those and we're champions.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
Spencer Hamilton
POTM.PNG

Says it all

PLAYOFFS
SesofZiu.jpg

We've somehow stumbled our way into the playoffs in spite of our inability to hold onto leads and win games by more than 1 goal. I guess it shows character? I think all it does is show poor finishing, but I need to be positive.

We have quite a good record against the other 6 teams in the playoffs, hang on 6 teams? Why are there 6 teams that's ridiculous? Anyway, we've beaten all but 1 of them at least once this season, with the only side we haven't beaten being Chelmsford, who've beaten us home and away. Considering there's another 5 teams in this playoff nonsense I imagine hat won't be an issue and someone else will knock them out

Anyway, on to our first of 3 games (seriously guys, sort it out), who've we got? Chelmsford? Oh for fu-

VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE SOUTH PLAYOFF FIRST ROUND

Chippenham Town 2-1 Chelmsford City
After Extra-Time
CHI 2-1 CHE.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Parselle, Greenslade, Friend (Russe 68), Hanks, Friel, Mann, Bickley, Phillips

Our inability to hold on to leads struck again as we took the lead only to give it up a minute later. Phillips continued his fine form though to put us into the next round as Chelmsford didn't turn up, having just 1 shot

VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE SOUTH PLAYOFF SEMI FINAL

Ebbsfleet United 1-2 Chippenham Town
After Extra-Time
EBB 1-2 CHI.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Hamilton, Parselle, Hanks, Russe, Friel (Friend 90), Mann, Bickley (Stearn 90), Phillips
Exactly the same game except Ebbsfleet actually turned up, we just about edge it though and Phillips is becoming a hero!

VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE SOUTH PLAYOFF FINAL

Havant & Waterlooville 0-1 Chippenham Town
After Extra-Time
HAV 0-1 CHI.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Hamilton, Parselle (Greenslade 63), Hanks (Friend 101), Russe, Friel, Mann, Bickley, Phillips
WE'RE THERE! We did not deserve this at all but who cares? Rhys Davies was a giant in goal, saving a first half penalty to keep us on course and Kieran Phillips goes down in Chippenham folklore! YES!

Unexpected.PNG

Vision.PNG

I'm scared but the board are happy, how about turning pro then?

Pro no.PNG

No? Ok then...

Applications.PNG

2021/22 SEASON PREVIEW
SesofZiu.jpg

Well that was a nice promotion. I didn't expect, the fans didn't expect it, the players didn't expect it and the board didn't expect it, but here we are a Vanarama National League side and just 1 promotion away from the Football League

We aren't a big club, we averaged just 786 fans a game last season and are hardly in a football hotbed here in Wiltshire, but we'll give it a good go. I've been held back by the idiot board not getting us to go pro and I'll be jumping ship at the first opportunity, but we'll give it a good go

The joys of an unexpected promotion and year long contracts means that I can cut most of last season's squad and start afresh, and that's exactly what I did
OUT.PNG

Bye bye

In.PNG

Let's meet the important ones

ALEX McSKEANE - KINGSTONIAN - FREE TRANSFER
Alex McSkeane.PNG

Not an incredible goal record but we needed someone with Kieran Phillips going back to Bristol Rovers. Wouldn't have signed had we gotten Viggars earlier

DANIEL MALONE - STOKE CITY - FREE TRANSFER
Daniel Malone.PNG

A Wales Under 19 international who played for Stoke. Need I say more? Delighted

DANNY WILLIAMS - CARDIFF CITY - FREE TRANSFER
Danny Williams.PNG

The first of many who've come in from Cardiff, its nice having a big team just down the road

GEORGE FORREST - CRAWLEY TOWN - FREE TRANSFER
George Forrest.PNG

A nice bit of depth

HARRY PHILLIPS - SOUTHEND UNITED - FREE TRANSFER
Harry Phillips.PNG

A lot of potential that's never really been fulfilled, hopefully he does that here

HAYDEN LINDLEY - ASTON VILLA - FREE TRANSFER
Hayden Lindley.PNG

Ex Man City who came in from Villa, he'll do.

JACK BODENHAM - CARDIFF CITY - FREE TRANSFER
Jack Bodenham.PNG

Another one from Cardiff, he'll be vital at the back this season

KEENAN PATTEN - CARDIFF CITY - FREE TRANSFER
Keenan Patten.PNG

Backup

KIERON EVANS - CARDIFF CITY - FREE TRANSFER
Kieron Evans.PNG

Backup.

RUBIN COLWILL - CARDFF CITY - FREE TRANSFER
Rubin Colwill.PNG

Backup

RYAN VIGGARS - SHEFFIELD UNITED - FREE TRANSFER
Ryan Viggars.PNG

This lad looks the business

SAM BOWEN - CARDIFF CITY - FREE TRANSFER
Sam Bowen.PNG

As does he

VINCE HARPER - BRISTOL CITY - FREE TRANSFER
Vince Harper.PNG

Looks alright

Some good business in there if you ask me, but we're up against some proper teams in this league; Wrexham, Southend, Stockport, Chesterfield. Its gonna be tough
Preview.PNG

Attachments

• In.PNG
    In.PNG
    58.5 KB · Views: 33
  • OUT.PNG
    OUT.PNG
    54.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Massimo Giamettei.PNG
    Massimo Giamettei.PNG
    342.3 KB · Views: 39
Really enjoying the thread, inspiring us all to go non-league! Nice work Pato (Brazilian for The Little Duck, I almost signed him for Rangers in FM 2021 end of first season, decided not to due to wages v ability ect)!

AUGUST
SesofZiu.jpg

I'm scared

VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE

Aldershot Town 1-0 Chippenham Town
ALD 1-0 CHI.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Bodenham, Lindley, Phillips (Russe 60), Hanks, Malone, Williams, Walton (Bickley 80), McSkeane
An ok start, at least we weren't battered

VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE

Chippenham Town 2-1 Boreham Wood
CHI 2-1 COR.PNG

Davies, Morgan (Giamattei 66), Lees, Bodenham, Lindley, Phillips, Hanks, Malone, Williams, Walton (Bickley 66), McSkeane
We won! We won! We won!

VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE
Maidenhead United 1-2 Chippenham Town
MAI 1-2 CHI.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Bodenham, Lindley, Phillips, Hanks (Friel 68), Malone, Williams, Walton (Bickley 42), McSkeane
Back to back!

VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE
Chesterfield 2-0 Chippenham Town
CHE 2-0 CHI.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Bodenham, Lindley, Phillips, Hanks, Malone, Williams (Mann 70), Bickley, McSkeane
They're professional. That's not fair

VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE

Chippenham Town 2-0 King's Lynn Town
CHI 2-0 KIN.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Bodenham, Lindley, Phillips, Hanks, Malone (Friel 67), Mann, Walton (Bickley 67), McSkeane
Another win! This is going well

VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE
Chippenham Town 0-0 Yeovil Town
CHI 0-0 YEO.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Bodenham, Lindley, Phillips, Hanks, Malone (Friel 65), Williams, Walton (Bickley 65), McSkeane

A draw with a club the size of Yeovil is the stuff dreams are made of

VANARMA NATIONAL LEAGUE

Southend United 2-0 Chippenham Town
SOU 2-0 CHI.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Bodenham, Lindley, Phillips, Hanks, Malone (Bowen 69), Williams, Walton (Bickley 69), McSkeane
Far too big to be down here

LEAGUE TABLE
Table.PNG

Not bad

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
Jack Bodenham
POTM.PNG

A great start for the young defender

Really enjoying the thread, inspiring us all to go non-league! Nice work Pato (Brazilian for The Little Duck, I almost signed him for Rangers in FM 2021 end of first season, decided not to due to wages v ability ect)!
Cheers mate

SEPTEMBER
SesofZiu.jpg

A surprisingly decent start, do we belong at this level?

VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE

Hartlepool 0-2 Chippenham Town
HAR 0-2 CHI.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Bodenham, Lindley, Phillips, Bowen, Malone (Hanks 75), Williams, Walton (Bickley 75), McSkeane
An historic win as we got to Hartlepool and return to Wiltshire with all three points!

VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE
Chippenham Town 0-2 Solihull Moors
CHI 0-2 SOL.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Bodenham, Lindley, Phillips (Malone 60), Hanks, Bowen, Williams, Walton, McSkeane
A shame to lose at home I guess, but Solihull are good at this level

VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE

Chippenham Town 4-4 Dulwich Hamlet
CHI 4-4 DUL.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Bodenham, Lindley, Phillips, Friel (Russe 78), Malone, Williams, Walton (Bickley 78), McSkeane
Well this was fun! A minute of madness threw away a solid first half but we managed to really late on, a strange one though

VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE

FC Halifax Town 2-0 Chippenham Town
HAL 2-0 SHI.PNG

Davies, Morgan (Hamilton 72), Forrest, Bodenham, Lindley, Phillips, Bowen, Malone, Williams (Bickley 67), Walton, McSkeane
Didn't turn up

VANARMA NATIONAL LEAGUE

Chippenham Town 1-0 Barnet
CHI 1-0.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Bodenham, Lindley, Phillips, Bowen (Hanks 67), Malone, Mann, Walton, McSkeane (Viggars 67)
Another scalp! Barnet are a decent sixed club and we beat them. I'm happy.

LEAGUE TABLE
Table.PNG

Mid table!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

Alex McSkeane
POTM.PNG

The added competition has helped him

OCTOBER
SesofZiu.jpg

We'll we're doing better than I expected

VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE

Bromley 0-0 Chippenham Town
BRO 0-0 CHI.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Bodenham, Lindley, Phillips, Bowen, Malone, Mann, Walton, McSkeane
Away draws are fine

VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE
Chippenham Town 2-1 Torquay United
CHI 2-1 TOR.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Bodenham, Lindley, Phillips, Bowen, Hanks (Malone 78), Mann, Walton, McSkeane (Viggars 78)
We were on the tele! We won on the tele!

VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE

Woking 0-0 Chippenham Town
WOK 0-0 CHI.PNG

Davies, Hamilton (Forrest 83), Lees, Lindley, Harper, Hanks (Viggars 74), Bowen (Friel 80), Malone, Williams, Bickley, McSkeane
Another solid away draw

FA CUP FOURTH QUALIFYING ROUND
Chippenham Town 2-0 Eastbourne Borough
CHI 2-0 EAS.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Bodenham, Harper, Russe, Malone, Bowen, Williams (Phillips 25), Walton, McSkeane (Viggars 45)
Cup progression, but Williams is out

VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE

Chippenham Town 5-0 Kettering Town
CHI 5-0 KET.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Bodenham, Lindley (Harper 64), Russe, Bowen, Malone (Hanks 64), Phillips, Walton, Viggars
James Acaster, Hugh Dennis, someone else from Kettering, your boys took one **** of a beating!

VANARAMA NAITONAL LEAGUE

Chippenham Town 0-0 Dagenham and Redbridge
CHI 0-0 DAG.PNG

Davies, Morgan, Lees, Bodenham, Harper, Lindley (McSkeane 76), Bowen, Hanks, Phillips, Walton (Bickley 61), Viggars
Bit unfair to play two teams

VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE

Eastleigh 0-2 Chippenham Town
EAS 0-2 CHI.PNG

Davies, Forrest, Lees, Lindley, Harper (Bodenham 72), Hanks (Bickley 72), Russe, Malone, Mann, Walton, Viggars

Our little wonderkid bagged two

LEAGUE TABLE
Table.PNG

PLAYOFFS!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
Paul Walton
POTM.PNG

He's getting better and better