Inter Milan v Tottenham Hotspur [20/10/10 - 19:45 ITV]

Pleased with the full-time result, since I predicted we'd lose 2-0, 4-3 is a step up!

However, we should never have gotten into that situation in the first place. Our defending was woeful at best in the first 15 minutes, and it could have been far worse at half-time.

We need to sign three players in January if we hope to compete for 4th place over the entire season: A centre-back, a left-back and a proven striker, capable of playing on his own with a midfield partner just off him.

On a positive note, Lennon looked good after his injury, and Bale's hatrick was the icing on the cake for a very promising second-half performance.

So yeah, I am pleased overall as our goal difference is intact, and Twente v Werder Bremen ended in a draw, assisting us further! :)
Not a RB? I thought Hutton was clueless, and you can't get much worse than Corluka.

I'm not sure if it's just me but people seem to be getting a little carried away here.
Yes Bale's goals may have been class, but 2 of them came right at the death when Inter knew the game was won, it's a bit different scoring a hattrick with the game in the balance compared to doing it with the game as good as done.

Sorry but when Bales second went in they looked stunned to me. They did not look like the game had been won and after the third they looked shell shocked.

I cant remember the last time inter conceeded 3 goals in one half of football.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's just me but people seem to be getting a little carried away here.
Yes Bale's goals may have been class, but 2 of them came right at the death when Inter knew the game was won, it's a bit different scoring a hattrick with the game in the balance compared to doing it with the game as good as done.

There the best team in Europe, if its one thing Jose taught them its to never switch off. Bale scored a hat-trick against one of the best defences in the world.

SNM

There the best team in Europe, if its one thing Jose taught them its to never switch off. Bale scored a hat-trick against one of the best defences in the world.

SNM

Yes, Jose taught them, Rafa made them forget...:p

Alright we all know Bale played well and made the scoreline close in the end. But its getting rather irritating with spurs fans acting like they've won the game, not only on this site but on facebook aswell. Yeah it was a good fightback but at the end of the day they still come away with nothing. 0 points. Of course my opions slighty biased being a arsenal fan but I dont get all the celebrating?

Alright we all know Bale played well and made the scoreline close in the end. But its getting rather irritating with spurs fans acting like they've won the game, not only on this site but on facebook aswell. Yeah it was a good fightback but at the end of the day they still come away with nothing. 0 points. Of course my opions slighty biased being a arsenal fan but I dont get all the celebrating?

You could always stop visiting this thread if it's bothering you so much?

Nobody cares what you think.

There's also a handy 'Log Out' option available on Facebook. Fancy that.

Pleased with the full-time result, since I predicted we'd lose 2-0, 4-3 is a step up!

However, we should never have gotten into that situation in the first place. Our defending was woeful at best in the first 15 minutes, and it could have been far worse at half-time.

We need to sign three players in January if we hope to compete for 4th place over the entire season: A centre-back, a left-back and a proven striker, capable of playing on his own with a midfield partner just off him.

On a positive note, Lennon looked good after his injury, and Bale's hatrick was the icing on the cake for a very promising second-half performance.

So yeah, I am pleased overall as our goal difference is intact, and Twente v Werder Bremen ended in a draw, assisting us further! :)
aye, good as bale was second, the first 15 minutes absolutely dire. harry must redress the things he should have looked at in the summer, and not look to buy more "Flair" as he commented a few weeks earlier.

which players would you bring in if you could?

not sure about the defence but up top it would be Llorente (yes im a massive fan of his)

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

it was a great fightback, regardless of the result. it takes a **** of a lot to pull yourself from 4 down with just 10 men, especially against a side like inter, regardless of who you are.

You could always stop visiting this thread if it's bothering you so much?

Nobody cares what you think.

There's also a handy 'Log Out' option available on Facebook. Fancy that.

Straight on the defence. You've made your opions quite clear a few posts above mine I never said anything about your opion, just because my opion differs from yours doesn't mean 'no-one cares' its a discussion not a tottenham celebration thread

Not a RB? I thought Hutton was clueless, and you can't get much worse than Corluka.

Kaboul, who is my personal favourite at RB.

Corluka, who is solid... not sure what tarnished your opinion of him so much.

Hutton, who is a worse version of Glen Johnson, can't defend.

Kyle Walker, decent talent, I think he'll be a future RB for us.

Naughton - Sell.

Yes you are right Sherlock we came away with nothing but dont forget we are on a learning curve here and is our first appearance at this level and to hit three goals away frm home with ten men against the holders of the trophy is a mighty achievement even for us. So get off your biased soapbox.

Straight on the defence. You've made your opions quite clear a few posts above mine I never said anything about your opion, just because my opion differs from yours doesn't mean 'no-one cares' its a discussion not a tottenham celebration thread

It's a thread where you'd expect to see Tottenham fans (Tottenham match thread) and you don't think we're going to be pleased with the final result after being 4-0 down in the first-half?

Come on lad, get your head screwed on.

aye, good as bale was second, the first 15 minutes absolutely dire. harry must redress the things he should have looked at in the summer, and not look to buy more "Flair" as he commented a few weeks earlier.

which players would you bring in if you could?

not sure about the defence but up top it would be Llorente (yes im a massive fan of his)

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

it was a great fightback, regardless of the result. it takes a **** of a lot to pull yourself from 4 down with just 10 men, especially against a side like inter, regardless of who you are.

Would love Llorente :) Do you know what his release fee is irl?

Would bring in a top striker, left back and Gary Cahill

Yes you are right Sherlock we came away with nothing but dont forget we are on a learning curve here and is our first appearance at this level and to hit three goals away frm home with ten men against the holders of the trophy is a mighty achievement even for us. So get off your biased soapbox.

This is what I can't stand, trying to cause arguments when someone who doesn't share the same viewpoint as the majority is somehow biased. Your biased towards Tottenham and there fore for you this was a great performance, great comeback etc etc. And dont like when someone tries to take it away from you

I'm sorry but when your team has comeback from a 4nil down to make it 4-3 with 10 men, you're bound to feel proud your team. As far as I'm concerned, Inter Milan are the best side in Europe in terms of trophy's won last season and to score three goals away from home to them is a good result for Spurs, especially with ten men. I fail to understand these attempts to put down Spurs performance because if I was in there shoes, I'd be very happy with the display considering the circumstances. Those who don't understand why Spurs fans are pleased right now aren't proper football fans, either that or you're really sore losers.

It's a thread where you'd expect to see Tottenham fans (Tottenham match thread) and you don't think we're going to be pleased with the final result after being 4-0 down in the first-half?

Come on lad, get your head screwed on.

Of course your going to be pleased with the result. But IMO not as special as all the spurs fans are making it out to be.

It is an amazing result because 4-0 or more (as it could well have been) could have caused a massive knock on affect and ruined both our Euro and domestic hopes in one foul swoop. Coming back to 4-3 rejuvinates the fans and the players They did this without VDV and Corluka -- and Gomes & Modric (for the most part) so it should definately act as a huge confidence boost.

Can't deny Inter dominated us for large periods though and could have humilated us on another night.

Would love Llorente :) Do you know what his release fee is irl?

Would bring in a top striker, left back and Gary Cahill
36 million euros, so about £31.7 million. depending on how much he wanted to move he would probably go for 15-22 million in my opinion