Is it time to relieve arsene wenger of his duties

If he doesn't win anyhing NEXT season, Arsenal will most likely look for another manager. Hardly possible though, since the #1 priority at our club is PROFIT not trophies and on-pitch success. :'(

That's utter ****.

Today was disappointing for all Gooners, but unfortunately, football fans are amazingly fickle.

No why the **** would he leave or sack him

we can still win the league

arsene is a legend :wub:

Case in point ^ sorry Calum. You criticize almost everything AW does! Have some faith, boy - look at what you were saying about Koscielny at the start of the season and look how good he's been.

what cause you dont agree with someone

i don't disagree with someone, i disagree with the point of the thread.

and any honest, REAL arsenal fan will know and appreciate what Arsene Wenger has done for them and is still doing for them!

Many arsenal fans have already stated that they are pleased with the progress this season, yet disappointing not to go on and win something, they are getting better and better.

No team deserves to be winning trophies!!! You have to earn them, which Arsenal no doubt will start doing once again in the near future.

The bigger picture sometimes seems too complex for some people.

Terrible thread, name me one other manager that could have done what he has done on this budget. Arsenal is in a great place for the future: great stadium, great finances, and the youngest team in the Premiership. Not to mention they play the most attractive football in the Prem.

If you look at the other Prem teams, well Liverpool won some trophies but they fell off and have to spend a lot to rebuild (and under Benitez they spent much more than Arsenal). Chelsea is as good as they are because they are in a fantasyland where their owner is a billionaire who needs a hobby. And look where they are, a lack of long-term planning means their core is too old and they might fall out of the top 4. They've already spent a fortune and they're going to continue to have to do so to sustain themselves. That leaves ManU. ManU has a much bigger budget and is a much bigger club. But even they might have problems in the future because of how many important veterans they'll have to replace, which will come at a huge cost, and their next manager will have some huge shoes to fill. I think Arsenal is in a slightly better position at the moment if we're looking at the clubs' futures in the next 5 years.

So really, the only club more successful than Arsenal over the past several years is ManU, and they're the world's biggest club. Wenger is the best, if not, the second best manager in the Prem.

What an absolute joke of a thread. Close it now.

/thread

He just needs to realise that buying a new GK/CB/ST wouldn't hurt. Sure Arsenal have some real talent coming through, but in the present it isn't good enough to overcome the top teams in the world and win trophies.

He shouldn't and wont be sacked
although i think he should step down at the end of the season
A great team like arsenal should be competing and winning trophies every year

although, who do you bring in to replace him?

not just the manager though. Coaching staff have a role to play, as does assistant manager, with man management skills, and mental skills.

yes but he is the door stop so to speak

liverpool sacked benitez cause he didnt get trophies

i work in a target based employment and if i went 6 weeks without hitting my targets id expect to be sacked

My gut tells me Wenger will leave at the end of the season if Arsenal don't win the Premier League. The problem with that is it will begin a spiral that would pretty much destroy Arsenal. If Wenger leaves, Fabregas is guaranteed to be the first one out after him. All of a sudden, then, players like Nasri, van Persie, Clichy might not be comfortable at the club and that raises more doubts. But that's the worst case scenario I hope. We just have to hope that they pull themselves together and at least win the EPL.

Anybody who says he deserves to be sacked is a tool, I find it shocking people even consider it, especially if an Arsenal fan says it. Arsenal consistently finish in the top 2/3 of the hardest league in the world, make a profit, nurture young exciting talent and play gorgeous football.

I'm sorry but every other team would kill for exactly that.

i don't disagree with someone, i disagree with the point of the thread.

and any honest, REAL arsenal fan will know and appreciate what Arsene Wenger has done for them and is still doing for them!

Many arsenal fans have already stated that they are pleased with the progress this season, yet disappointing not to go on and win something, they are getting better and better.

No team deserves to be winning trophies!!! You have to earn them, which Arsenal no doubt will start doing once again in the near future.

The bigger picture sometimes seems too complex for some people.
im not an arsenal fan im not saying he hasnt done a good job are you saying we should only have threads that are positive when it comes to managers

Can you imagine the media uproar if the board sacked him hahaha !!! He's been there way too long to be sacked......If it was anyone else they would have been gone by now.........IMO (A)

Terrible thread, name me one other manager that could have done what he has done on this budget. Arsenal is in a great place for the future: great stadium, great finances, and the youngest team in the Premiership. Not to mention they play the most attractive football in the Prem.

If you look at the other Prem teams, well Liverpool won some trophies but they fell off and have to spend a lot to rebuild (and under Benitez they spent much more than Arsenal). Chelsea is as good as they are because they are in a fantasyland where their owner is a billionaire who needs a hobby. And look where they are, a lack of long-term planning means their core is too old and they might fall out of the top 4. They've already spent a fortune and they're going to continue to have to do so to sustain themselves. That leaves ManU. ManU has a much bigger budget and is a much bigger club. But even they might have problems in the future because of how many important veterans they'll have to replace, which will come at a huge cost, and their next manager will have some huge shoes to fill. I think Arsenal is in a slightly better position at the moment if we're looking at the clubs' futures in the next 5 years.

So really, the only club more successful than Arsenal over the past several years is ManU, and they're the world's biggest club. Wenger is the best, if not, the second best manager in the Prem.

What an absolute joke of a thread. Close it now.

/thread
why close it im entitled to my opinion and so are you

i would say the best is sir alex

Bleugh. RT @itvfootball: Wenger also confirms that Johan Djourou's season is over after he dislocated his shoulder

i dont think he shouldbe sacked at all but i do feel he needs to rethink his policies a bit as it has been quite clear on todays performance that the current squad cant cut it!!! i know there was a lot of injuries but i still feel that money needs to be spent over summer and some players need selling as they dont seem to have any fight in them anymore!!!

he has done a job every other good manager could do, but for the past 5 or 6 years he has'nt done the job most good managers do, and thats win a trophy. finding youngsters? he dont do it, his scouts do.he dont make talented players, they were always talented. the club wont fire him because he saves them money, why he does it i have no idea. i have never seen a manager so stubborn to spend money to improve his team. i say sack him, and im a arsenal fan, been saying it for 3-4 years now.

Yes what he has done for this club is immense but if Arsenal are happy with building excellent youth players and being a nearly club every season then yes by all means keep him in charge.

As long as Arsenal qualify for champions league, Wenger still should be at Arsenal. Ok they win nothing, so maybe Wenger is a 'nearly' manager these days, but he is still making sure Arsenal are in top 4 every season. Its upsetting if i were an Arsenal fan not winning trophies but at the same time, Wenger has proven and still proves he can manage at the top/near the top. He is a top quality manager.

IMO, Wenger is one of the most successful manager's in Premier League history, he's took us to the Carling Cup final, kept us in the title race, we were knocked out of the Champion's League by arguably the best side in the world, and Man Utd have knocked us out the FA Cup, it's not as if we're being beaten by teams like West Brom for example :S

I see your point of him needing a trophy soon, but the squad's only getting better and we're going in the right direction.