Is it time to relieve arsene wenger of his duties

Typical Chelsea fan thinking there.. Sack a manager when the going gets a little tough without giving much credit to what he's achieved in the past.

AW is one of the most consistent managers in the world, to sack him would be embarrassing.

Agree. On everything.

Nice. So Chelsea will just cheat their way through FFP regulations. Good to know.

I never said sack him did i??? And how is that a typical Chelsea fan?? We arnt the ones that sack our managers our we?? All i said is that is Arsenal are happy with the way the club is run on and off the field then dont sack him.

Typical Chelsea fan thinking there.. Sack a manager when the going gets a little tough without giving much credit to what he's achieved in the past.

AW is one of the most consistent managers in the world, to sack him would be embarrassing.

Agree. On everything.

Nice. So Chelsea will just cheat their way through FFP regulations. Good to know.

Im not saying i would be happy with it im just saying rules are there to be broken and no dout there are loopholes.

No, although I do feel he needs to buy quality in the summer. GK, CB, AML, ST.

Yer maybe, but like i stated in another thread these new financial regulations is a rule and rules are made to be broken. The top clubs in jepody i.e Chelsea, Man City and Real Madrid will have experts working all over these rules looking for a loophole. And being Uefa you can bet there is a way round this.

You may be right, but who then is morally in the right? I would rather be for a club that balanced the budget and played attractive football than for one whose success is due to a foreign billionaire.

Ignoring that though, Arsenal doesn't have an Abrahamovic or a Sheikh. They're in a different situation. So I don't think we can blame Wenger for a lack of trophies, he's working on the small budget he has and done an excellent job. Had he been at Chelsea or ManU then of course he would be fired for not winning, because their financial situation is different. But he's not, he's at Arsenal. He's done an amazing job. No way should he be sacked. It would be like saying we should sack Moyes because he never got Everton into the Champions League. And Arsenal has come out of this with a new stadium, great finances, and a team that should be great in the future. Maybe Arsene will quit before he gets to reap the benefits, but Arsenal will continue to be a great club because of him.

Name another Prem manager in this era that built a club the way he did. ManU always has been and always will be huge. But Arsene built Arsenal, and didn't do it by outspending the rest of the world.

Can't believe I'm even having to argue this.

IAnd how is that a typical Chelsea fan??

I can't believe you have to ask. Chelsea are awful with their managers. Avram Grant was sacked for finishing 2nd in EPL and CL.

(and before someone says, I am most aware that Newcastle are worse!)

You may be right, but who then is morally in the right? I would rather be for a club that balanced the budget and played attractive football than for one whose success is due to a foreign billionaire.

Ignoring that though, Arsenal doesn't have an Abrahamovic or a Sheikh. They're in a different situation. So I don't think we can blame Wenger for a lack of trophies, he's working on the small budget he has and done an excellent job. Had he been at Chelsea or ManU then of course he would be fired for not winning, because their financial situation is different. But he's not, he's at Arsenal. He's done an amazing job. No way should he be sacked. It would be like saying we should sack Moyes because he never got Everton into the Champions League. And Arsenal has come out of this with a new stadium, great finances, and a team that should be great in the future. Maybe Arsene will quit before he gets to reap the benefits, but Arsenal will continue to be a great club because of him.

Name another Prem manager in this era that built a club the way he did. ManU always has been and always will be huge. But Arsene built Arsenal, and didn't do it by outspending the rest of the world.

Can't believe I'm even having to argue this.

I agree with you but im just saying it how it is thats all.

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

I can't believe you have to ask. Chelsea are awful with their managers. Avram Grant was sacked for finishing 2nd in EPL and CL.

(and before someone says, I am most aware that Newcastle are worse!)

Thats typical CHELSEA not Chelsea fans.

He's only won 3 league titles with arsenal in 14/15yrs. That's one more than Mourinho btw. Not bad, but not deserving of his genius tage.

I don't think he should be sacked, though, because afterall who is going to to replace him? Which manager has more ability? He's moulded the club so completely around him that sacking him would probably create havoc at Arsenal and set them further back. But the stats don't lie- Arsenal are in a wilderness of failure.

I agree with you but im just saying it how it is thats all.

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

Thats typical CHELSEA not Chelsea fans.

Did the fans get behind Grant? or any other manager bar Jose and his personality?

In fairness though, boards don't tend to listen to fans *cough hughton cough* so I'll grant you that

Did the fans get behind Grant? or any other manager bar Jose and his personality?

In fairness though, boards don't tend to listen to fans *cough hughton cough* so I'll grant you that

Grant was a difficult situation and you know it. He came in while Jose was still manager and you could see what was going to happen before it even did. But we did get behind Scolari until the results went really bad and i dont even have to say anything about Ancelotti.

this isnt about chelsea, get back on topic

i think joachim loew would be a great replacement just look what he has achived with Germany, i personally would sell fabregas and use the cash to build the team around nasri and wilshere

Last edited:
I think the answer would be yes but only if one other question is answerable first. Who?? Who on Earth could we rope in with a good style of play, tactically better and financially sensible (this last one shouldn't be an issue in 5 years though).

People are dying in Japan and people are talking about sacking Wenger here.....

This really seems like a very small issue compared to whats happening in the world now.

This really seems like a very small issue compared to whats happening in the world now.

that a shame like but this is a football forum and people die everyday

Yes and thats a huge tragedy but people are allowed to talk about other things mate.

that a shame like but this is a football forum and people die everyday

i agree the comment was a bit far fetched, although true!

and considering how major that incident is, its nice knowing that you take that issue as seriously as sacking Arsene.

Are you actually a football chairman, very cut throat and no sentiment?

can sort of see your point. I just couldn't watch the match because I would have found it really hard to enjoy it, with all thats happened. At the same time though, it's a way of escaping tragedies around the world I guess.

Anyways, I went OT there apologies

i agree the comment was a bit far fetched, although true!

and considering how major that incident is, its nice knowing that you take that issue as seriously as sacking Arsene.

Are you actually a football chairman, very cut throat and no sentiment?

as ive said its a shame and i feel sorry for those involved but im not going to stop my day or not post cause of the tradgedy

I think 3000 people die in Africa every day of AIDS...

Anyway, who will succeed Wenger when he retires in a couple of years? Not Low, he's not the right style. I really hope Guardiola does, his style is exactly what Arsenal wants. He said he wanted to go to ManU though. Didn't Wenger say it should be Stojkovic? He only has J-League experience though.