Is Messi Over-rated?

^This

And whilst I don't think Messi would get 50+ goals in the Prem, to claim he would struggle against the Gary Caldwells, Steven Taylors or Ciaran Clarks of this world is laughable

mate you forget that last season colo from Newcastle was the best defender in the league and stopped the likes of fast players like Wallcot etc and colo isn't even fast

Last edited:
Wow. Just when you think people can't be any more retarded. Anyone that thinks Messi couldn't handle the dwindling quality of the EPL needs to take up a new sport.

Especially after watching how he smashed Premier league's one of the best defense (ManUtd and Arsenal) it's absolutely retarded to think Messi won't score as many goals in PL. If anything PL defense are not tactical, he will have field day exploiting the gaps between the lines.

don't get me wrong messi is an amazing player no doubt, but in the PL nah sorry he couldn't hack it

don't get me wrong messi is an amazing player no doubt, but in the PL nah sorry he couldn't hack it

HAHA! You're either trying to bait people or completely clueless.

Messi without Xavi and Iniesta (Argentina NT) is not the same as in Barca, as Spain NT is not the same without him.

Whats is underrated is the role of Xavi and the other team mates, not Messi.

Especially after watching how he smashed Premier league's one of the best defense (ManUtd and Arsenal) it's absolutely retarded to think Messi won't score as many goals in PL. If anything PL defense are not tactical, he will have field day exploiting the gaps between the lines.

Messi took Man United apart at a time when we had one of the best defences in Europe. Twice.

And the current level of defending in the Premier League is below that, far too many broken lines and dog legs. He'd rip them to shreds.

mate you forget that last season colo from Newcastle was the best defender in the league and stopped the likes of fast players like Wallcot etc and colo isn't even fast
MAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE difference between stopping Theo Walcott and Leo Messi!

Messi without Xavi and Iniesta (Argentina NT) is not the same as in Barca, as Spain NT is not the same without him.

Whats is underrated is the role of Xavi and the other team mates, not Messi.

No doubt, those two are brilliant, but when you look at how he is playing for Argentina over the last year, I think what is underrated is the importance of a proper platform and system.

One day maybe the England national team will understand this...

96 goals in a year... He's under rated if anything. I'd comfortably say he's the best footballer that has ever played the game - And yes I'm aware of Maradona, Pele etc. As for him not cutting it in the prem............ Ronaldo did, and Messi is a better player. Luis Suarez has, Benteke, Michu? For people to say he's over-rated just because Barcelona haven't won absolutely everything possible this year it doesn't reflect on Messi one bit, Barca just need to freshen up and with the impending signing of Neymar and maybe one or two others that will happen next season. Plus they hopefully won't have a scout in charge for half of the season.

Rickie ******* Lambert is scoring goals in the Prem. If anyone thinks Messi isn't as good as RICKIE ******* LAMBERT they need a lobotomy. I volunteer to perform it.

Barcelona's all time top goal scorer at 25, the records this guys gonna set are never gonna be beaten.
Messi is different gravy!

Im tempted to infract you for causing me to choke on my tea. Most retarded comment ive heard in a long time. If Christian Benteke can hack it im sure Messi can.

Rickie ******* Lambert is scoring goals in the Prem. If anyone thinks Messi isn't as good as RICKIE ******* LAMBERT they need a lobotomy. I volunteer to perform it.

Funniest thing ive read today and also true

Seriously, overated? no way one of the best players to play the game and that I have the utmost privelege to have seen

I'm only 28 but I know without doubt I'll be telling my grandkids about how good Messi was at football.

"When I was a boy..........."

I think people seriously over emphasise the difficulty of the Premier League. Loads of players are questioned about whether they would perform in the Premier League and they have. To question Messi's ability is ******* stupid.

And no, he isn't overrated. A player can't be judged over a couple of games. Even the best players in the world have bad days at the office.

Messi is one of the best in the world at riding challenges. The idea he couldn't handle the PL is just people taking false pride in the english style of football "we might not win anything but we get proper stuck in unlike those pansy foreigners".