Italian Serie A 2010/2011

Try leading the champions with half the team being injured. Not even "Mourinho the almighty" could do that.

Oh and about his spending, while in Liverpool, for every player he bought, he had to sell a player, cause Gillet & hicks didn't give him a lot of money.

By the way: The guys he bought for liverpool, when they were sold, they brought Liverpool a ton of money.
I.e. Torres.

I'm not talking about when half the squad was injured, I'm talking before that. He was lucky to get Inter the Italian Supercup and the loss against Atletico Madrid was very poor, samething with the 1-0 loss against Roma and the 2-0 loss against Milan. His tactics with Inter were ridiculous and it didn't fit the team at all. Plus, the players were never comfortable with Benitez's presence, you could see it.

I'm not denying that he did well in Liverpool but his last days there were less than acceptable. As for the transfer, the transfers of Aquilani and Kyrgiakos weren't that successful, I'd say. And you have to count out Torres, Abramovich was filled up with vodka when he agreed to that transfer.

All in all, a very interesting round of football today in Serie A.

Catania 2 - 1 Genoa
Roma 2 - 2 Parma
Bari 1 - 1 Fiorentina
Brescia 2 - 2 Lecce
Cagliari 1 - 0 Lazio
Cesena 1 - 0 Chievo
Palermo 0 - 7 Udinese
Sampdoria 0 - 2 Inter Milan

Catania managed to recover nicely from being down by 0-1 and showed good strength and comeback skill. From 2-0 to 2-2 and almost being close to conceding yet another goal against Parma. I don't think things will change for Roma with Montella, at least not this season. What is up with the 0-7 match??? I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that... Sanchez was truly playing some Playstation football.

can some explain why are some players in searia a in oragne , or co-owed.

what does it mean, im confused

Im not a fan of Italian Football, but i like to see how Palermo and Napoli are doing, from time to time......

What the **** happened to Palermo today?

Im not a fan of Italian Football, but i like to see how Palermo and Napoli are doing, from time to time......

What the **** happened to Palermo today?
No invention and just no effort from anyone. Pastore looked about as creative as heskey.

No invention and just no effort from anyone. Pastore looked about as creative as heskey.

Geez, Especially at home. That's horrific

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

Actually, does any one now if any TV Station does a Serie A review?

I'm not talking about when half the squad was injured, I'm talking before that. He was lucky to get Inter the Italian Supercup and the loss against Atletico Madrid was very poor, samething with the 1-0 loss against Roma and the 2-0 loss against Milan. His tactics with Inter were ridiculous and it didn't fit the team at all. Plus, the players were never comfortable with Benitez's presence, you could see it.

I'm not denying that he did well in Liverpool but his last days there were less than acceptable. As for the transfer, the transfers of Aquilani and Kyrgiakos weren't that successful, I'd say. And you have to count out Torres, Abramovich was filled up with vodka when he agreed to that transfer.

All in all, a very interesting round of football today in Serie A.

Catania 2 - 1 Genoa
Roma 2 - 2 Parma
Bari 1 - 1 Fiorentina
Brescia 2 - 2 Lecce
Cagliari 1 - 0 Lazio
Cesena 1 - 0 Chievo
Palermo 0 - 7 Udinese
Sampdoria 0 - 2 Inter Milan

Catania managed to recover nicely from being down by 0-1 and showed good strength and comeback skill. From 2-0 to 2-2 and almost being close to conceding yet another goal against Parma. I don't think things will change for Roma with Montella, at least not this season. What is up with the 0-7 match??? I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that... Sanchez was truly playing some Playstation football.

True I guess this on Aquilani & Kyrgiakos, but you have to admit, he is a ****** good economist. He bought Xabi Alonso, Arbeloa, Torres & other young guys who he sold for a lot of money. Okay, you may count Torres out, but he's playing pretty well at chelsea, not much different than for Liverpool except a key point: He still didn't score at Chelsea.

If benitez wouldn't buy players who seem to be very injury prone, I think he could do wonders. But yeah, his final season at liverpool was pretty poor & the European Supercup wasn't supposed to be lost (But let's not forget, Mourinho made those guys think they are Gods, and Benitez roughly put them back to earth, sort of)

Lazio and Fiorentina I beleive have been out of the running for the past couple of seasons..

Lazio and Fiorentina I beleive have been out of the running for the past couple of seasons..
Lazio actually started the season pretty well, they were in 2nd place, and then started dropping and dropping...

XD My post may have seemed random but I was replying to the bottom post on the first page, didn't realise there were more pages lol. Still, does Jovetic still play for Fiorentina? I've not been watching Serie A as much lately but I loved watching him play a few seasons back.

XD My post may have seemed random but I was replying to the bottom post on the first page, didn't realise there were more pages lol. Still, does Jovetic still play for Fiorentina? I've not been watching Serie A as much lately but I loved watching him play a few seasons back.

xD

Yeah, Jovetić still plays for Fiorentina.

Well, that was a relatively comfortable win for Milan with Napoli rarely threatning and with Milan having full control of the game. Well done.

Napoli just went to pieces, which is a real shame. Love to watch them.

Alexandre Pato what a performance.

That kind of Pato show I'd like to see against Spurs. The pass to Boateng was superb and he deserved that goal.

The Napoli goalkeeper did some nice saves.

Afriyie Acquah - 5/1/1990 - Palermo - Came on late in the second half and only gained more experience playing in Serie A, unable to produce anything noteworthy.

Armin Bacinovic - 24/10/1989 - Palermo
- Not a match to remember against Udinese, as he was shown his marching orders before the end of the first half. The Bianconeri went on to score their fourth goal from the resulting free-kick.

Cristian Battocchio - 10/2/1992 - Udinese - What a match to make your debut for the Bianconeri, coming off the bench in a 7-0 win.

Federico Casarini - 7/9/1989 - Bologna
- Disappointed with his performance against Roma in midweek as he gave the ball away, which ultimately saw Mirko Vucinic seize posession and be involved in Daniele De Rossi's lone goal. Was barely noticeable at the weekend against Juventus.

Fabio Daprela - 19/2/1991 - Brescia - Came on in the final minutes for the Rondinelle against Lecce.

Matteo Darmian - 2/12/1989 - Palermo - A horrible match for the 21-year-old and his team, topped off with a sending off in the 60th minute for bringing down Pablo Armero in the penalty area, seeing the Rosanero play the last half-hour with nine men.

Giulio Donati - 5/2/1990 - Lecce
- Was put under severe pressure from the Brescia forwards, especially Alessandro Diamanti, but improved as the match went on, ultimately getting the better of the attacking midfielder.

Abel Hernandez - 8/8/1990 - Palermo - Not noticeable and effective as his Udinese counterparts, Alexis Sanchez and Antonio Di Natale.

Libor Kozak - 30/5/1989 - Lazio - Seemed fatigued in his side's clash with Cagliari, and should have been rested after starring recently for the club. Could not provide the spark up front.

Adem Ljajic - 29/9/1991 - Fiorentina - Practically unnoticeable, as he could not get into the match against Bari. Very quiet, and was replaced on the hour mark.

Federico Macheda - 22/8/1991 - Sampdoria
- Played only a few minutes in the match against Inter, but did not have much of an effect.

Dominique Malonga - 8/1/1989 - Cesena - Had a wonderful one-on-one chance to score against Chievo, but Stefano Sorrentino charged him down and blocked his attempt. Didn't have the ability to break open the match.

Ezequiel Munoz - 8/10/1990 - Palermo - Made an appearance after half-time, but the damage on the scoreboard had been done. Made some crucial defensive blocks.
Di Natale and Sanchez from blowing the Rosanero out of the water, making some crucial defensive blocks.

Alberto Paloschi - 4/1/1990 - Genoa - Was introduced during the second half, and even earnt a penalty for the Grifoni, but it wasn't converted by Miguel Veloso.

Javier Pastore - 20/6/1989 - Palermo - Never got into the match, but was on the back foot for the majority of the encounter. His side rarely attacked with real menace, and he couldn't create anything magical.

Alexandre Pato - 2/9/1989 - Milan
- One could not ask for more from the super-talented Brazilian. He played his part in securing a penalty for the Rossoneri, set up Kevin-Prince Boateng for the side's second goal and secured all three points with a sublime effort from outside the box.

Andrea Poli - 29/9/1989 - Sampdoria - The 21-year-old is still getting accustomed to his new role, and had a wonderful chance to open the scoring in the first half, but hit the woodwork. Ran hard all night before being replaced.

Gaston Ramirez - 2/12/1990 - Bologna - Didn't take his game to the next level as he has shown in recent weeks, and when he decided to lift, couldn't be contained by the Roma defence.

Jaime Romero - 31/7/1990 - Bari
- Tried in vain for the Biancorossi, as he got into good positions, but couldn't finish off his chances.

Ezequiel Schelotto - 23/5/1989 - Catania - The winger came on and lifted the side dramatically, ensuring maximum points were achieved. A real thorn in the Genoa side.

General view of how young players performed over the weekend. Just nicked this off Goal.com :)

can some explain why are some players in searia a in oragne , or co-owed.

what does it mean, im confused
Well, no fully sure, but it means that this player "belongs to both"., but he plays in one of them.

So every time any team wish to sign that player he has to talk with both clubs and pay them for him.

We got a big game for all you Serie A lovers out there tomorrow, an intense battle between Juventus and Milan. Ibra is doubtful (according to some media) for the match.

And Roma won today against Lecce away with 2-1.

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:02 AM ----------

Gattuso was the one to score for Milan at this game, his first goal in over three years. Eventually ended 1-0 for Milan. A bit sloppy refereeing at times, Juventus should've had a free kick close to the penalty area when a player was tripped during the final minutes. That could've been their chance but otherwise, there weren't so many golden opportunities from Juventus except when Krasic managed to break through and pass it to tempo-killing, ball-losing Metri.

my poor palermo, fifth defeat in a row, the next is with milan and then have the Sicilian derby

We must get out, dammit!