Status
Not open for further replies.
Good story so far Andy, hopefully it'll happen for real. I'm tempted to start a Salisbury save of my own now, Jaime White is decent!

Good story so far Andy, hopefully it'll happen for real. I'm tempted to start a Salisbury save of my own now, Jaime White is decent!

Cheers mate, glad you are enjoying it. :)

really enjoying this - so much depth and so much detail really adds to the richness.

consider me a follower. only question is - whens the next update? :p

really enjoying this - so much depth and so much detail really adds to the richness.

consider me a follower. only question is - whens the next update? :p

Thanks, appreciate it. Next update will be later today. Been busy with coaching and football over the weekend. :)

Thanks, appreciate it. Next update will be later today. Been busy with coaching and football over the weekend. :)

If you get chance - take a look at my attempt at a FM story - Five Years With Spurs. One of my first attempts so could do with some feedback as to if its worth continuing in the vein it is. I read yours and I think 'huh... mines lacking something :p'

If you get chance - take a look at my attempt at a FM story - Five Years With Spurs. One of my first attempts so could do with some feedback as to if its worth continuing in the vein it is. I read yours and I think 'huh... mines lacking something :p'

Yeah no worries, being a spurs fan, I'm sure I'll be interested to read and follow. (H) Cheers.

Yeah no worries, being a spurs fan, I'm sure I'll be interested to read and follow. (H) Cheers.

Glad to hear it - just put Page One up so will be eager to hear your thoughts. As you well know - its the feedback that I guess that will keep me going with the story.

Glad to hear it - just put Page One up so will be eager to hear your thoughts. As you well know - its the feedback that I guess that will keep me going with the story.

No worries. Yeah it's the same with me, I thrive on feedback, which helps lots, but I also enjoy writing, so carry on anyway. :)

images

September 2012

Blue Square South
Saturday 1st September 2012
Chelmsford Sports & Athletic Centre

Chelmsford (2 - 2) Salisbury
Lewis, White

Our first points lost today and we only have ourselves to blame, as we threw away a two
goal lead in a crazy 10 minute spell midway through the second half.

Blue Square South
Tuesday 4th September 2012
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (3 - 1) Bath
White(3)

A fantastic individual performance by forward Jamie White was the difference, as we
bounced back from our disappointing draw at the weekend.

Blue Square South
Saturday 8th September 2012
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (1 - 0) Eastbourne Boro
Lewis

We were very lucky to scrape a win here today despite the media predicting us to secure
a comfortable victory. Theo Lewis grabbed the winner, when he headed home a corner in
the 61st minute.

Blue Square South
Saturday 15th September 2012
Kingfield Stadium

Hayes & Yeading (1 - 1) Salisbury
Lewis

We faced our old Manager Darrell Clarke this afternoon and it was a highly charged
atmosphere, with both sides more keen on picking up cards rather than looking to score.
We fell behind in the 59th minute, then our hosts were reduced to 10 men, when Sam Cox was
shown a straight red for a professional foul. We took advantage of our extra player and
deservedly equalised through Theo Lewis.

FA Cup - 2nd Qualifying Round
Saturday 22nd September 2012
Beveree Stadium

Hampton & Richmond (1 - 3) Salisbury
Lewis(2), White

A comfortable win as we opened up our FA Cup campaign today. I started with my strongest eleven
to ensure we weren't on the end of an upset and with them game already won by half time, I made the
changes allowing some fringe players to impress.

Blue Square South
Saturday 29th September 2012
Wheatsheaf Park

Staines (0 - 0) Salisbury

A bore draw

League Table - End of September 2012

View attachment 336327

" I'm very happy that we are still unbeaten since I've taken over and hope we can continue this fine run of form. The players have responded very well to the ideas I've introduced on the training pitch and we're starting to see it pay off in their recent performances. "

images

Saturday 29th September 2012

As I was walking out of Wheatsheaf Park, where we had just drawn nil nil with Staines, to join the rest of the lads on the team coach to head back home to Wiltshire, my mobile phone started to ring.

ME: " Hello "

MR HARRISON-ALLAN: " Hi Andy, it's Mr Harrison-Allan. As you know myself
and the board have been conducting interviews with potential new managers. "

ME: " Oh yes, that's right. Let me guess, this is the phone call where you tell me thanks, but no thanks! "

MR HARRISON-ALLAN: " Andy, Andy, slow down. Actually, the board and I have been blown away
with what you have achieved in the past two months and how the players have responded since you took
over. So I'm keen to extended your contract till the end of the season, then we can sit down and discuss
what to do next. How does that sound? "

ME: " Sorry, I just assumed the worse. Yeah that is brilliant, thanks. "

MR HARRISON-ALLAN: " Good to hear. I'll sort the contract and you can sign it when you get back. "

I hung up my mobile and gave a little wry smile, as deep down I knew I was capable of managing at this level. But it's now down to me to keep working hard and really prove, not only to the fans, but also more importantly to the chairman and board to keep faith in me at the end of the season, so I can really get my managerial career up and running.

Last edited:
13737.png

SAMUELS APPOINTED AT SALISBURY CITY

images

Salisbury City chairman William Harrison-Allan has today announced that Andy Samuels, is the right man to take the club forward for the rest of the 2012-2013 Blue Square South campagin.

After weeks of uncertainty, which has included Samuels taking a temporary role, the Salisbury City board have decided to appoint the 32 year old on a permanent contract for the remainder of the season.
Following numerous interviews with other candidates, Harrison-Allan believes they have the person to take the club forward and following his unbeaten two months in charge, maybe he could be right.

" I'm very happy Andy has accepted our offer, maybe we were a little short sighted and should've
put more faith in him. But to his credit Andy hasn't let what was happening off the pitch
distract him from what we tasked him with and to be sitting at the top of the league is more
than we could've asked for. So with that in mind, myself and the board feel it would
be wrong to change anything. "

With his future finally sorted, all be it for the short term, Samuels was naturally delighted when he received the news.

" The chairman called me after our draw with Staines and I thought he was going to tell me
that he'd found someone to take over, but when he said the board wanted me to carry on, I was
very pleased. But now I can't sit back and think I've done it, I have to work hard to ensure I keep up this great
run we are on and prove to the chairman he made the right choice to appoint me. "

The news will surely please the Salisbury faithful, who have had to endure a mixed pre-season, with the loss of Darrell Clarke to Hayes and Yeading, followed swiftly by Mikey Harris' decision that he couldn't cope with being a Manager. So with Samuels now tied down to the end of the season and a fantastic start to his career, all eyes will be on whether he can continue this run of form and keep Salisbury near the promotion places at the end of the campaign.

images

October 2012

Blue Square South
Tuesday 2nd October 2012
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (1 - 0) Dorchester
White

A hard fought victory today, but we kept our unbeaten run going thanks to a goal by our
leading scorer Jamie White

FA Cup - 3rd Qualifying Round
Saturday 6th October 2012
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (0 - 0) St Albans

A bore draw

FA Cup - 3rd Qualifying Round Replay
Wednesday 10th October 2012
Clarence Park

St Albans (2 - 4) Salisbury
McPhee, Giles, Wellard, White

Victory tonight ensured our passage through to the next round, where we will be facing another
non-league side in the form of Wealdstone. Despite a fairly comfortable score line, I'm getting
a little concerned that we are starting to show some complacency.

Blue Square South
Saturday 13th October 2012
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (1 - 2) Boreham Wood
White

The complacency issue I was worried about was evident today, as our unbeaten run came to an end.
This was our worst performance since I took charge and the players certainly knew about how
disappointed I was with them at the end of the game.

FA Cup - 4th Qualifying Round
Saturday 20th October 2012
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (1 - 0) Wealdstone
Lewis

The win today put our name in the hat for the first round proper, which could lead to a nice sum of
money, which will improve the clubs finances.

Blue Square South
Wednesday 24th October 2012
Crabbie Athletic Ground

Dover (1 - 0) Salisbury

Our second loss in the league and one against a side keen on challenging for promotion.
The last few games we haven't been at our best, which is something of a concern and it maybe
due to the players getting tired, so I may have to rotate the players more often in the
upcoming matches.

Blue Square South
Saturday 27th October 2012
Hayes Lane

Bromley (1 - 1) Salisbury
White

A disappointing draw and definately two points lost. We lead for a large period of the game after
taking the lead in the 11th minute. But we conceded in the 81st minute, as Bromley grabbed a
deserved point.

Blue Square South
Tuesday 30th October 2012
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (1 - 0) Hayes & Yeading
White

It's always nice to win, but again we weren't at our best and had to rely on a 86th minute
winner by Jamie White to claim the three points. Though it's a win, we have lost top spot
due to an indifferent month.

View attachment 336719

images

November 2012

FA Cup - 1st Round
Saturday 3rd November 2012
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (1 - 0) Cambridge
Lewis

We were brilliant today and held our own against a side in the division above. Though we
had less possession, we still created the clearer cut chances and luckily for us
Theo Lewis took one of them.

Blue Square South
Saturday 10th November 2012
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (1 - 0) Maidenhead
Frear

Inside left forward Elliot Frear, on loan from Exeter, grabbed his first goal for us today and
it came with the last kick of the game to help continue our unbeaten start to the month.

FA Trophy - 3rd Round Qualifying
Wednesday 14th November 2012
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (2 - 0) Dorchester
Lewis, McPhee

We are starting to play with more consistancy and look to be growing in more confidence
with the formation I've set out to use. We dominated today and thoroughly deserved our win.

Blue Square South
Saturday 17th Novemeber 2012
View Road

Welling (1 - 2) Salisbury
Frear, R.Sinclair

A brilliant comeback win, as the lads showed fantastic team unity to keep our run going
and put pressure on the teams above us. With the game looking like it was going to
end in a 1 - 1 draw, Robbie Sinclair struck the winning goal with five minutes left.

FA Trophy - 1st Round
Saturday 24th November 2012
Vauxhall Ground

Hemel Hempstead (0 - 4) Salisbury
McPhee(3), R.Sinclair

An emphatic win today and my biggest since taking charge. Chris McPhee was in fine
form in front of goal helping himself to a hat-trick including two penalties. Robbie
Sinclair got in on the act, by scoring our fourth and his second goal in as many games.

Blue Square South
Wednesday 28th November 2012
York Road

Maidenhead (1 - 4) Salisbury
Wellard, White, Lewis(2)

I kept faith with the side that won so handsomely in midweek, but it was two substitutes that
won us the game. With the scores level I threw on Jamie White, who replaced Chris McPhee and
also Theo Lewis, for Eliott Frear and both subs grabbed vital goals in the final five minutes to
help us to three crucial points.

League Table - End of November 2012

View attachment 336851

nice going mate was starting to think you where human when i saw you lost 2 but look like but thing seem have gone back as thay should you are a fm god

nice going mate was starting to think you where human when i saw you lost 2 but look like but thing seem have gone back as thay should you are a fm god

Haha, thanks mate, nice to hear you think I am. :D. I'm more delighted Ive rescued my save, onwards and upwards from now on......I hope. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.