Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done m8 , you think promotion will be on the cards next season aswell :)

Well done m8 , you think promotion will be on the cards next season aswell :)

Cheers mate. Depends if I can strengthen the areas that need improving. Hopeful of some good loans. Did you check those players out I mentioned for your story? :D

images

May 2013

13737.png

SAMUELS PENS NEW DEAL

images

Salisbury City Manager Andy Samuels has put pen to paper on a new one year deal, that will run until the end of June 2014, worth a reported £750 a week.

Samuels, who joined 'The Whites' during pre-season, originally held the Under 18 Manager role, but after impressing with the Youth Team was immediately promoted to help former Manager Mikey Harris as his Assistant. His role changed soon after when Harris, decided he couldn't cope with the pressure of managing the first team, to which Samuels put his name forward and after being named in temporary charge, was appointed after a two month unbeaten spell which saw Salisbury sit at the top of the table.

With Salisbury winning the Blue Square South and looking forward to playing at a higher level next season, Chairman William Harrison-Allan has moved swiftly to tie his young talented Manager to a new deal.

" Andy has proved that he was the right person for the job and has showed the board and myself what
a promising future he can have. So I felt it only right to reward him with a new contract and he will receive
my backing in the transfer window to help strengthen the current squad, as we prepare for the Blue Square
Premier next season. "

After signing the new deal, Samuels and the rest of the Salisbury squad will celebrate their success with a parade through the Wiltshire town tomorrow afternoon, as their supporters will get the chance to join in the celebrations with their team.

images

July 2013

Friendly
Saturday 20th July 2013
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (1 - 0) Cardiff Reserves
Giles

A great performance by the lads tonight, as we beat a side made up of experienced league players.
With the same squad that ended the season, I was very happy with the effort levels and desire
the team showed tonight.

images

DJ: " ......and now we have some breaking sports news just reaching us. "

REPORTER: " Yes, we understand that Salisbury City Chairman William Harrison-Allen, has
opened talks with a local businessman over the sale of the Wiltshire club. Despite
the recent promotion, rumours are circulating that the current finances are not in a good
shape, hence the reason for the talks.
We'll bring you more on this proposed takeover when we have it......."

Friendly
Tuesday 23rd July 2013
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (0 - 0) Oxford

Good performance again, despite not converting any of our chances, but the defence were superb
tonight, as we kept the opposition strikers at bay.

Friendly
Saturday 27th July 2013
Northcourt Road

Abingdon Utd (2 - 0) Salisbury

Shocking, absolutely awful. We were very poor tonight and we need to make sure we don't perform
like this when the league season starts. The players were told very aggresively that I will not tolerate
performances like this and I will be looking to freshen up the squad.

13737.png

SALISBURY SIGN THREE

View attachment 338496View attachment 338497View attachment 338498

Salisbury City Manager Andy Samuels has brought in three new faces to his promotion winning side, as they look forward to the new season in the Blue Square Premier.

First through the door, Samuels brought in former Coventry goalkeeper Danny Ireland, who will look to provide strong competition for current number one Mark Scott. Ireland joins the club on a free transfer, signing a contract that will keep him until 2015.
Tom Aldred was brought in on a free transfer, as Samuels used his personnal touch to bring in the highly rated Scottish centre back. Reports are suggesting that Samuels, made personnal visits to Aldred's home in a bid to bring him to the Raymond McEnhill Stadium and bolster 'The Whites' defence, since Emmitt Delfouneso returned to Birmingham City.

Alex Rodman was the third signing made, when he joined from NPower League Two side Aldershot. With Rodman's contract running out, Samuels swooped to take advantage and snap up the inside left forward on a free transfer. The former Aldershot man has been brought in to replace Elliot Frear who has gone back to Exeter City after his successful loan spell.

Many fans of the Wiltshire side have been surprised that current boss Andy Samuels has been allowed to bring in new players, despite the speculation that the club is in the process of a takeover, but with the current Chairman backing the man he brought in to manage the team, supporters and pundits alike will be very keen on what happens in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
Cheers mate. Depends if I can strengthen the areas that need improving. Hopeful of some good loans. Did you check those players out I mentioned for your story? :D

yeah checked the players they had good potential but not the position i wanted ! Will prob sign them in january as hot prospects ! Would of signed them sooner but my budget was small and needed to cover other areas

yeah checked the players they had good potential but not the position i wanted ! Will prob sign them in january as hot prospects ! Would of signed them sooner but my budget was small and needed to cover other areas

Cool, great shout getting them in. My game is up in the air at the mo, think my chairman may sell and new owner wants to bring in his own man!

Cool, great shout getting them in. My game is up in the air at the mo, think my chairman may sell and new owner wants to bring in his own man!

had that with my man u save got taken over and thay said thay wanted to bring in there own guy but in the end i kept my job

had that with my man u save got taken over and thay said thay wanted to bring in there own guy but in the end i kept my job

Im hoping that's the case too. Time will tell mate, think as I'm a nobody compared to other names being mentioned that may go against me!

Im hoping that's the case too. Time will tell mate, think as I'm a nobody compared to other names being mentioned that may go against me!

dont worry you will keep your job dont think si would make it if you get taken over you lose your job there would be uproar keep up the good work

dont worry you will keep your job dont think si would make it if you get taken over you lose your job there would be uproar keep up the good work

Cheers mate, I'd like to think I will, but have seen it happen on other saves to non-human managers I.e when the computer is in charge, plus it's happened to a few mates of mine, hence why I'm panicking, lol.

Nice story Streaky. Check out my Berwick one if you fancy it, doing okay atm

Following the Chairman's decision to sell(and despite me loading the game up numerous times to figure out a way of him not selling), the new owner came in and replaced me with Dean Holdsworth(I even tried to offer him a job in the hope I'd keep mine). So rather than write up the depressing situation I thought I'd explain it here. As my aim was to take Salisbury to the Prem etc, I have decided to end this story, as obviously I can't do that now.

I have been thinking/planning on doing one last final save/story for FM'13 and have some ideas here. http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot.../118632-future-story-ideas-2.html#post1749864

It would be great to hear your thoughts before I get it underway. I have a clear idea who it would be, but thought I'd open it up to you, to give me some views and ideas.

Cheers.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.