Status
Not open for further replies.
images

December 2012

FA Cup - 2nd Round
Saturday 1st December 2012
Valley Parade

Bradford (1 - 0) Salisbury

We didn't disgrace ourselves against our League Two opponents and if we had a little
more composure in front of goal, we could've snatched a draw.

Blue Square South
Saturday 8th September 2012
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (1 - 0) Chelmsford
Lewis

A nice victory today against a side that is looking to be in and around the playoffs come
the end of the season.

Blue Square South
Wednesday 12th December 2012
Priory Lane

Eastbourne Boro (0 - 2) Salisbury
White, Frear

We were brilliant tonight and deserved our win. Elliot Frear is starting to show the quality he
has when he puts his mind it and Jamie White was a constant threat in the attacking third.

Jamie White was injured in the game and has been ruled out for 5 weeks with a thigh strain.

FA Trophy - 2nd Round
Saturday 15th December 2012
The Camrose

Basingstoke (1 - 3) Salisbury
Fitchett, Frear(2)

A good cup win and safely through to round three, as we beat the team behind us in our
league with considerable ease.

Blue Square South
Saturday 22nd December 2012
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (2 - 0) Truro
R.Sinclair, Frear

Easy win as we dominated from start to finish. Inside right forward Robbie Sinclair
scored a contender for goal of the season, when he hit a thirty yard volley into the
roof of the net.

Blue Square South
Wednesday 26th December 2012
Silverlake Stadium

Eastleigh (1 - 0) Salisbury

We didn't deserve to lose tonight, so this loss is quite hard to take, especially as it's against
the favourites to get promoted, but if you don't take your chances you run the risk of losing.

Blue Square South
Saturday 29th December 2012
Rushmoor Stadium

Farnborough (0 - 2) Salisbury
Frear, McPhee

Great response from the lads to bounce back from our midweek defeat. This win puts us two
points clear at the top, so it's down to myself, the coaching staff and players to make sure we stay
there for the second half of the season.

View attachment 337032

well well look whos top going gr8 guns mate defo you will go up keep it up

well well look whos top going gr8 guns mate defo you will go up keep it up

Cheers mate, yeah hoping we will. Team are gelling nicely with formation now and will be looking to strengthen in the January transfer window. :)

images

Monday 31st December 2012

images

It was two days since our victory over Farnborough and as the light training session I had scheduled, on the eve of our home game with Eastleigh, was ending, Chairman William Harrison-Allan called me over for a quick word. " Andy, when you finish here, come to my office for a quick chat. " he asked. I nodded and returned back to where the lads had made a group for a quick de-brief, before I dismissed them to have a good, but sober filled New Year's Eve.
Once the players had left and made their way to the evening plans they had, I headed inside the ground and towards the Chairman's office to listen to what he wanted to talk about.

*** Knock Knock ***

MR HARRISON-ALLAN: " Come in. "

ME: " You wanted to see me Mr Chairman. "

MR HARRISON-ALLAN: " Yes, come and take a seat Andy. Myself and the board
have been very impressed with your first few months in charge and I don't mind admitting
that you have proved me wrong, by showing what a talented young Manager you are. "

ME: " Thank you Mr Chairman, that means a lot. I'm just grateful that I've been
given the chance. "

MR HARRISON-ALLAN: " Due to our fantastic league position, I wanted to let you know
that with the January transfer window opening tomorrow, that if there are any areas
of the team that you feel we need to strengthen, then let me know of the names you have
identified to bring in and I'll do my all to try and complete those deals. "

ME: " That's great, I will sit down with Mikey and the other coaches to discuss if we
need any new faces and will let you know. "

MR HARRISON-ALLAN: " Okay. Now you head off home and Happy New Year. "

ME: " And Happy New Year to you Mr Chairman. "

Just before I was about to drive home, I gave Mikey Harris, my Assistant, a call to get his thoughts on if there was any areas he feels we need to strengthen and see if they matched my thoughts. " Hi Mikey, It's Andy. " I said, as Mikey's mobile hardly rang before it was picked up. " HEEEYYYY Gaffer, what's up? " A voice wailed down the phone, while loud music was being played in the background. " Mikey, what's going on? We have a huge game against Eastleigh tomorrow! " I quizzed, while knowing deep down he was at a party. " Gaff, I know, It's cool. I'm having....hic.... a get together for New Years, it's all...hic... under control. " replied Mikey, who was sounding worse for wear. " Are you drinking Mikey? If you are then your finished here! " I replied, knowing that he had been. " I've had a.....hic.....couple, but...hic...I'll be fine for tomorrow. " answered Mikey. But this was something I wasn't going to stand for, if word got around that I'd let him get away with drinking on the eve of a game, then it would show a lack of authority on my part and what we don't need is the media getting involved and start to ruin the great bond I have been creating between myself and the players. " I'm sorry Mikey, you've let me down with your lack of professionalism and also the players. I'm relieving you of your role as Assistant Manager as of now. " I said, before I hung up the phone.

I was now left with a dilemma I could really do without, especially as I had to prepare for our big game tomorrow. After informing the Chairman of the decision I just made and receiving his full backing, I decided to head home and then discuss the next steps to take with the rest of my coaching team tomorrow before kick off.

you hard nosed basterd but he had it coming keep it up

images

January 2013

13737.png

SALISBURY APPOINT ASHTON

images

Salisbury City have appointed former West Ham forward Dean Ashton as Assistant Manager and he will join the club until the end of the season.

Following the departure of former player Mikey Harris, who was sacked late last night after a breach of club rules, Salisbury Manager Andy Samuels has moved swiftly to replace Harris, with the ex-Crewe and West Ham frontman Ashton.

" I'm delighted to welcome Dean to the club and with his knowledge of the professional game
and his passion to get involved will be a huge boost to the players here. It was a shame
how things ended with Mikey, but he knew the rules and I was left in the unfortunate position
where he had to be let go. "

Ashton, who had his football career ended at the age of 26 due to an ankle injury, is currently studying for his UEFA B coaching license and recently has spoken of his delight at joining 'The Whites' on a short term deal.

" I'm thrilled to have the chance to work here at Salisbury. Hopefully I can pass on some useful tips
to the lads and show that I'm keen on being here for the long term. "

With Salisbury facing promotion hopefuls Eastleigh tomorrow afternoon at the Raymond McEnhill Stadium, Ashton will be hoping his new side can claim a vital three points, as they look to put some distance between themselves and the chasing pack.

images

January 2013

Blue Square South
Tuesday 1st January 2013
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (4 - 0) Eastleigh
McPhee(3), Lewis

A fantastic win infront of our home support and made all the sweeter, as we beat a side
who are looking to be up at the top at the end of the season.

Blue Square South
Saturday 5th January 2013
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (2 - 1) Sutton Utd
McPhee, S.Sinclair

Back to back wins, as we produced another fine performance. Chris McPhee is starting
to show the sort of performances that could keep Jamie White out the starting lineup
when he returns from injury.

Blue Square South
Wednesday 9th January 2013
Hornchurch Stadium

AFC Hornchurch (1 - 1) Salisbury
McPhee

Not the best the best of performances tonight, as we had to rely on a very late Chris
McPhee equaliser to salvage a point.

FA Trophy - 3rd Round
Saturday 12th January 2013
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (2 - 1) Whitehall Welfare
McPhee, Lewis

We progressed to Round Four with a quite comfortable win, in a cup that I'm
hoping to win.

Blue Square South
Saturday 19th January 2013
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (0 - 2) Staines

We were awful today and I made my feelings perfectly clear at the final whistle. Performances
like this will not be tolerated.

FA Trophy - 4th Round
Tuesday 29th January 2013
Cressing Road Stadium

Braintree (2 - 1) Salisbury
White

Oh dear, Oh dear. The returning Jamie White scored with what looked to be the winning goal,
until we conceded two goals in the last minute of the game, to throw away our chances
of progressing to a possible final appearance.

View attachment 337809

images

February 2013

Blue Square South
Saturday 2nd February 2013
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (3 - 0) Bromley
Giles, Frear, White

Nice to get back to winning ways and even better with the performance that went with it.

Blue Square South
Wednesday 6th February 2013
Meadow Park

Boreham Wood (3 - 2) Salisbury
White, Frear

Just when I'd thought we'd turned a corner and were going to go on a run to help us
pull away from Basingstoke in second, we put in another jeykl and hyde performance.

Blue Square South
Saturday 9th February 2013
Avenue Stadium

Dorchester (0 - 2) Salisbury
Wellard, White

I gave the squad a couple of days off in the lead up to this game and the extra days rest
seemed to have re-invigorated the players, as we secured a nice win.

Blue Square South
Saturday 16th February 2013
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (1 - 0) Billericay
Frear

A late Eliott Frear goal was enough to win this tight, scrappy affair. As we kept up
our challenge for automatic promotion.

Blue Square South
Saturday 23rd February 2013
Westleigh Park

Havant & Waterlooville (0 - 1) Salisbury
White

It was another late goal that proved to be the winner again this afternoon, as Jamie White
finished in style to give us another vital victory.

View attachment 337838

images

March 2013

Blue Square South
Saturday 2nd March 2013
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (1 - 0) Weston Super Mare
S.Sinclair

The first of two meetings with our opposition in seven days, as the fixture congestion
started to pile up. Midfielder Stuart Sinclair scored the winner, in a pretty dull and boring
game.

Blue Square South
Saturday 9th March 2013
Woodspring Stadium

Weston Super Mare (2 - 1) Salisbury
S.Sinclair

Definately three points lost today, as we threw away a goal lead. I kept the players locked
away for an hour at the end of the game, as we had an open discussion to try and put an end
to our up and down performances of late.

Blue Square South
Friday 15th March 2013
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (2 - 0) Basingstoke
White(2)

A brilliant result against the side on our tails in second place. We really lived up to
expectations today and I was delighted with our overall performance.

Blue Square South
Sunday 17th March 2013
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (1 - 2) Dover
Lewis

Again we threw away a lead and this defeat has allowed Basingstoke to close the gap on us
at the top of the table.

Blue Square South
Saturday 23rd March 2013
Gander Green Lane

Sutton Utd (1 - 0) Salisbury

Awful, if we aren't careful we could throw away all our hard work.

Blue Square South
Saturday 30th March 2013
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (4 - 0) Tonbridge
White(2), Frear(2)

Much better today and a fantastic response to losing two games in a row. We were
simply sensational and deserved the win.

View attachment 337840

images

April 2013

Blue Square South
Monday 1st April 2013
Twerton Park

Bath (1 - 4) Salisbury
Delfouneso, S.Sinclair(2), White

We entered April knowing as long as we matched or bettered Basingstoke's results,
we would be crowned champions. So it was great to start the month in style.

Blue Square South
Tuesday 9th April 2013
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (2 - 0) Welling
White(2)

A fine win on home soil this evening and it was our leading marksman, Jamie
White, who was the hero, scoring both goals.

Blue Square South
Saturday 13th April 2013
New Lodge

Billericay (3 - 2) Salisbury
White, Frear

A great game for the neutral, but I'm furiuos with our defending. With two games left it's still
in our hands, but it looks like it will go to the last game of the season, as we play 2nd placed
Basingstoke away on the final day.

Blue Square South
Saturday 20th April 2013
Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury (1 - 0) Havant & Waterlooville
White

A very nervy and tense game, as the players were very concious not to make any mistakes. Leading
scorer Jamie White scored with all most the last kick of the game, to set up a winner takes all game
next week.

Blue Square South
Saturday 27th April 2013
The Camrose

Basingstoke (0 - 3) Salisbury
Delfouneso(2), White

What a sensational display of attacking football we showed today, with probably our
best team performance of 2013. Victory this afternoon saw us crowned CHAMPIONS!!!
We dominated from the first whistle right through to the last, as goals by Emmitt
Delfouneso(2) and Jamie White sealed the win.

CHAMPIONS - End of Season Table

View attachment 337858

Status
Not open for further replies.