It's Hammertime! Can't Touch This!

Surprise revealed!

2309742807_9dae52cacf.jpg

We bring you today, an exclusive interview with the West Ham manager Daniel Oakes. We do understand that he has a massive announcement to make involving West Ham Football Club.

'' Hello, I am indeed going to disclose what is going on with the club at the moment. I have been at West Ham now for over five years. I must admit that I need a break from the game. This is why I have come to you to announce that I am going to take a break from the game for at least a year. I have held long talks with the West Ham United board and they have regretably allowed me to go. They have, however assured me that I may come back to the job at any time.I have already found a man that will be acting as my substitute for my stand out year. This man is called Daniel Feliciano.''

36791_486910183857_617553857_6957814_2238285_n.jpg

''Daniel has a wealth of experience including a very long spell at Wolfsburg in which he won numerous German Bundesliga titles and Champions League trophies. I fully rely on Daniel to fill in well for my absence and bring the Champions League trophy back to West Ham again.''

spain-euro-final-xl-080630g.jpg

''The next time I will be managing a football match is when I take Spain to the European Championships in 2016 and the Spanish F.A. also understand my necessary absence. They are confident that I am a good judge and that Mr Feliciano will do a good job till the Championships come around.''

''I am a little emotional telling you this but, I will see you at the European Championships in Spain 2016.''

Last edited:
:D

Wooooooop

Thanks for this opportunity Dan :)

Won't let you down,

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

attachment.php

West Ham to get new stadium!

2012_olympic_stadium_large_470x370.jpg

West Ham United have announced that they have begun construction on a brand new stadium for the Premier League Champions.

After playing their games at Upton Park since 1904, the board felt that in a time of new found success that it was time for a change and that the stadium needed to be improved. They have announced that they will name the new ground "Oakes Stadium" after the greatest manager in their history - who ironically left the club just 2 days ago to take a one year break from the game.

The club have taken out a massive £197M loan to help finance the construction of the ground, and have already begun repayments of 800K per month.

Great update mate, hope there is many more from where that came from!

Wow, what a twist was not expecting that!!

Got me hooked on this still Dan :D

West Ham United vs Chelsea
FA Community Shield 2015

West Ham (13/8) Chelsea (6/4)

West Ham return to one of their favourite grounds this weekend when they take on Chelsea in the Community Shield at Wembley.

The Premier League Champions, despite being fantasticly successful in recent times are the underdogs for this tie with their London rivals slight favourites.

West Ham playmaker Steven King is a doubt for the game with strained knee ligaments, and is set to miss the start of the season. Argentine defender Nicolas Otamendi is also set to miss the tie as he travels to Italy for talks with Inter Milan after the two clubs agreed a £26M fee for the 27 year old centre half.

Chelsea however are at full strength and will look to get the psychological edge over their title rivals by winning the traditional curtain raiser at the national stadium.

large_charity_shield.jpg

Last edited:
All the best mate, thought you would announce the Brazil result though :S

attachment.php

August 2015

West Ham 1-2 Chelsea
FA Community Shield
Dzeko

A good performance from us, but we went down thanks to some poor marking at a corner and a clumsy tackle from Marco Verratti. Edin Dzeko had drawn us level, after Alex had headed home from a corner in the first half to give Chelsea the lead. Left back Taye Taiwo struck home a penalty with 21 minutes to go to give his side the victory and psychological edge over their title rivals before the season has even begun.

Daniel Feliciano said:
We were good today, we just lacked that finishing touch. That will come with more games and I'm pleased with the performance today despite the result.

Carlo Ancelotti said:
I'm very pleased with the win today. They were good, but we took our chances and deserved the victory in the end. Best way to go into the new season is with a win, and we have done that.

View attachment 107498

West Ham 1-1 Arsenal
Barclays Premier League
Soldado

Another good performance from West Ham ended once again without them winning the match. Club legend Roberto Soldado gave the Hammers the lead with a fine finish low into the corner with his right boot. Diego Renan's late tackle gave Arsenal a penalty which youngster Fernando Bruno cooly slotted into the back of the net to gain a point for the away side.

Daniel Feliciano said:
We put in a fantastic performance, but another slight lapse in concentration from the defense meant that they managed to claw back a goal and we couldn't break them down again. Unlucky for us, but we'll have to build on that for the next game and hopefully get a win next time.

Stanley Menzo said:
We were excellent today. We went behind but we showed good character to come from behind and grab a point away at the Champions. Very happy with the performance and hopefully we'll build on it.

View attachment 107499

Burnley 0-4 West Ham
Barclays Premier League
Soldado x2, Vogel, Oliveira

A fantastic performance saw the champions return to winning ways with an emphatic 4-0 win over strugglers Burnley. Roberto Soldado gave the London side the lead with a great finish from inside the box, before Daniel Vogel opened his account for the season with a close range finish. Soldado added another goal to his tally for the season with a curling finish from the edge of the box. Youngster Oliveira completed the rout with a placed finish from 12 yards out.

Daniel Feliciano said:
That's the West Ham everyone is used to seeing and we finally delivered. For the first time this season we looked sharp and clinical and we have to keep this up is we want to continue our success.

Owen Coyle said:
We were poor today. We struggled for everything and lacked real bite in midfield. They walked all over us tonight like champions do, and we're going to have to buck up if we want to stay around in this division for a long time.

View attachment 107500

West Ham 2-0 Stoke
Barclays Premier League
Vasilijev, Verratti

Another solid performance from the Hammers saw them run out with a 2-0 win over the Potters. Nikita Vasilijev opened his account for the season with a thumping header from a Marco Verratti corner. West Ham dominated possession throughout the game, and on the stroke of half time Italian Marco Verratti was again involved finishing low into the corner to wrap up the points.

Daniel Feliciano said:
We were strong and looked comfortable throughout. We took our chances, and maybe could have had 1 or 2 more goals had we been on top form, but it's early in the season and that will come the further we get into the season.

Hristo Stoijkov said:
We could have been a lot better today. We tried some things that we've been trying in training and the champions knew exactly how to counter act that and deserved their win. We have to rebuild now and come back next week stronger.

View attachment 107501

Wolves 1-2 West Ham
Barclays Premier League
Vogel, Dzeko

A fine performance from West Ham was enough to get them 3 points although the hosts made it a shaky end. Daniel Vogel scored a well timed finish to open the scoring, before substitute Edin Dzeko latched onto an error in the Wolves defense to blast into the top corner. Wolves pulled one back late on, but the champions held on for 3 points.

Daniel Feliciano said:
We were comfortable on the ball today and we looked dangerous on the attack all the time. We were confident in defense and despite the shaky 10 minutes, we looked good for the win all the way through.

Mick McCarthy said:
We were strong tonight, but they were just that much stronger than us. They managed to keep their game together despite our game plan of rushing them, and probably deserved their win in the end, but we will take great pride out of our performance tonight.

View attachment 107502

West Ham currently sit top of the league on goal difference with 10 points from 4 games. Chelsea in second with the same return and Arsenal 3rd also on 10 points.

Spain 2-2 Brazil
Friendly
Alfaro, Mata

Daniel Feliciano's first game in charge was certainly a game of two halves. Alfaro's first international goal gave Spain the lead early on, before Mata's deflected long range strike nestled in the corner. Feliciano made changes at half time bringing in some fringe players/debutants and it proved costly to his first victory in charge of Spain. Alexandre Pato and Hulk drew the Samba side level in the second half and a very entertaining game ended in a fair 2-2 draw.

220px-West_Ham_United_FC.png
Royal_Spanish_Football_Federation.png

Last edited:
Nice update pal, really enjoyed reading that. Not a bad start. Unlucky in the Shield, Chelsea are still very difficult to beat, even this far in.

this story just gets better and better and a suprise twist of dmf taking over for a bit :) great story

Just a quick note to say congrats, you're story has been nominated for the Story of the Year competition (new and improved)

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Aaannnnddd a further note to say you (predictably) made it onto the final voting list in the Story of the Year competition. Care to cast your nominations, Dan?

Thanks everyone, it means a lot :)

attachment.php

Hamsik out for 6 weeks

Napoli-v-Siena-Marek-Hamsik-celeb_2365925.jpg

West Ham were dealt a big blow last night as they lost their influential playmaker Marek Hamsik for 6 weeks. The Slovakian Superstar broke his arm while on international duty in midweek and will now miss the opening 2 Champions League group games. He's been a big part of West Ham's transformation from relegation battlers to Premier league Champions and will be sorely missed by the London side.

Stand in manager Daniel Feliciano has back Sergio Canales to step into the Slovakian's shoes and fill the gap in the team with some quality performances.

Daniel Feliciano said:
We all know Sergio's abilities and I've worked with him in the Spanish team too. I know that he is capable of stepping into Marek's position and putting his stamp on it. This is the chance he's been waiting for, and now he has to take it. I'm sure he'll be excellent for us in the more advanced role, and I'm sure we can keep up our good start to the season.

Sergio-Canales-001.jpg

best of luck dmf am sure you do well for dan was abit shocked at this glad to see this story still going :)

Unlucky about marek but canales is good aswell. Hope to see more updates. (K)

Yes, I too hope to see more updates :D

You will.. Don't worry about that.

Should get September update within a few hours :)

attachment.php

September 2015

West Ham 3-0 Wigan
Barclays Premier League
Soldado x2, Dzeko

A fine performance from the Premier League champions tonight showed that they are back to their strongest at Upton Park tonight. A brace from Spaniard Roberto Soldado, and a superb headed goal from Bosnian star Edin Dzeko sealed the victory for the Hammers and Wigan never looked like getting a point in London.

Daniel Feliciano said:
We were superb tonight. We looked dangerous at all times, and 3 fine goals were exactly what we deserved. We could have had 4 or 5 but it wasn't to be. 3 will do, and a fine performance to boot.

Roberto Martinez said:
We were poor tonight. We couldn't string 3 passes together and were all over the place. We got stepped on, and it's exactly what we deserved after a performance like that. Atrocious.

View attachment 107503

West Ham 1-0 Olympiakos
UEFA Champions League
Oliveira

Substitute Oliveira's late goal spared the blushes of West Ham United at Upton Park tonight in the 2nd game of the tournament this season. The Hammers struggled to deal with the Greek side's physicality, and their constant fouling of the home side disrupted their flow. However, young Brazilian Oliveira scored a fine close range effort to get the London team the 3 points.

Daniel Feliciano said:
I didn't like their tactics tonight. They were trying to stop us playing our game, which I have no problem with. But when they are constantly kicking and fouling us then something should be done about it. We got the win in the end, and we showed good characted. Proud of the performance the lads put in tonight.

Zico said:
We put in a great effort. We were strong in the tackle and stuck to the game plan, but one lapse of concentration late on has cost us dear in the end. We will build on the performance though, and come back a stronger side.

View attachment 107504

Sunderland 3-2 West Ham
Barclays Premier League
Renan, Soldado

A controversial late penalty from Darren Bent sent West Ham crashing to their first league defeat of the season. Brazilian full back Diego Renan scored a fine effort to bag his first goal for the club. Darren Bent though equalised against the run of play with a header from inside the 6 yard box. Just before half time, Frazier Campbell scored a wonderful goal from the edge of the area to turn the game on it's head. West Ham controlled the second half, and got their rewards when club legend Roberto Soldado blasted into the top corner to make it 2-2. However, substitute Steve King brought down Bent late on, who picked himself up and slotted the ball coolly into the corner to seal a victory against the champions.

Daniel Feliciano said:
We were unlucky today I felt. We controlled the game for large periods and even managed to score two goals away from home, but a rash decision from the referee has cost us this game I feel. If we were at Upton Park, there was no way he was giving that.
Tony Pulis said:
We were fantastic tonight. Really proud of the way the lads came from behind and kept their cool even though we were under pressure for a lot of the game. They were clinical and played very well. Fully deserved 3 points.

View attachment 107505

West Ham 2-1 Crystal Palace
Carling Cup 3rd Round
Oliveira, Dzeko

West Ham survived a scare to qualify for the 4th round of the Carling Cup tonight, but had to use some of their big guns to do so. They went behind through Jamie O'Hara's fine finish just before half time and looked shaken up as the whistle went. However, changes were made at half time and an incredible individual goal from Brazilian wonderkid Oliveira brought the holders level. Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko continued his fine record for West Ham to blast the ball home with what turned out to be the winning goal. It was a poor performance but Feliciano was happy to see his side go through.

Daniel Feliciano said:
We were pretty poor today. The lads I sent out to start the game should have won the game fairly comfortably but they struggled big time and I had to use some of the more experienced lads to bail us out of a hole. We were lucky, and I will be expecting much better in the next round.

Hugo Sanchez said:
We were unlucky tonight. We went ahead, and I think if we kept playing the way we played in the first half, in the second half - we could have gone on to win the game. But we didn't and now we're out. We have to concentrate on the league now.

View attachment 107506

West Ham 2-0 Birmingham
Barclays Premier League
Vogel, Soldado

Another stellar performance from the champions at home saw them take another 3 points this season. Swiss superstar Daniel Vogel scored a belter from the edge of the area to give the Hammers the lead, before Spaniard Roberto Soldado kept up his fine form the season with another goal.

Daniel Feliciano said:
We were excellent today and I firmly believe that was one of our best performances of the season. We looked very comfortable all the way through and didn't once look in any danger today. We maybe could have been more clinical, but we got the win and I'm very happy with the performance.

Sol Campbell said:
They were phenomenal today. I could have sent out 20 men their and we wouldn't have won that. They were that good today. I'm almost certain they'll be top of the league after 38 games, unless something astronomical happens. We played well but nowhere near their level.

View attachment 107507

Basel 0-4 West Ham
UEFA Champions League
Vogel x2, Vasilijev, Oliveira

A magnificent away day performance from the Londoners secured a massive 4-0 win, to see the Hammers top of their group without conceding a goal. A superb brace from Swiss star Daniel Vogel, a header from Nikita Vasilijev and another fine finish from Brazilian Oliveira showed West Ham are no fools to the European game and saw them walk away with an easy 3 points in the end.

Daniel Feliciano said:
We were excellent tonight. Our movement on and off the ball was fantastic and everything clicked today. It was a near perfect performance and we fully deserve to be top of this group.

Basel's manager was unavailable for comment.

View attachment 107508

West Ham sit second in the table, with that defeat to Sunderland the difference between them and league leaders Chelsea. Manchester City are just behind West Ham on goal difference, but they have a game in hand.

Spain

Norway 1-4 Spain
Friendly
Pique x2, Silva, Soldado

An excellent performance from the national side once again under caretaker manager Daniel Feliciano saw them smash 4 past Norway in this friendly. Centre back Gerard Pique bagged a brace, with 2 fine headers from an Esteban Granero corner, and then an Andres Iniesta corner. David Silva scored a fine finish into the near post before Roberto Soldado scored yet another fine goal for his country, with both men scoring in between Pique's goals.

220px-West_Ham_United_FC.png
Royal_Spanish_Football_Federation.png

Last edited:
Nice update mate, shame about the Sunderland defeat but keep going :D