Votes: 44 69.8%
  • It doesn't look very useful

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Yes it fixed the computer issue I was having

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • No I am still having problems with my game

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters
Hi jak, I've tried all the steps (except downloading the latest drivers, although my laptop is brand new so I doubt that'd be the problem) but nothing seems to have worked!
The problem is is on my tactics screen, there are no shirts, just the player name and the instruction arrow. Also there are no player faces (not even silhouettes) and no logs (clubs, leagues etc.). It wouldn't be a huge problem, but I can't right click players on the tactics screen, which is insanely annoying. Ever heard anything like this, or know how to fix it? Much appreciated!:)

Apologies for late reply, been on holiday for a week
Even though your laptop is brand new it is still likely the drivers will not be up to date. I would recommend downloading them, seeing if that fixes your issue and if not report back here

Apologies for late reply, been on holiday for a week
Even though your laptop is brand new it is still likely the drivers will not be up to date. I would recommend downloading them, seeing if that fixes your issue and if not report back here

Thanks! I'll have a go, I've got an ATI mobility Radeon HD 4200 series, where should I get the drivers from?

if you tell me your operating system and what version (32bit or 64bit) I can give you a direct link.

Thank you! When i've downloaded them will I have to reinstall FM? Or should it just work on the game I've got?

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Oh, it says it cannot be downloaded due to incompatible hardware/software on my PC...

Thank you! When i've downloaded them will I have to reinstall FM? Or should it just work on the game I've got?

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Oh, it says it cannot be downloaded due to incompatible hardware/software on my PC...

you won't have to reinstall FM but if that doesn't solve the issue you could try reinstalling anyway. Hmmmm that should be the correct version for what you have told me. Try this?

Nah, same problem :/ Thanks for trying anyway!
Just to make sure, to find my graphics card it's under dxdiag, display, device, name... and that's the card, yeah?

ye thats the card. u sure its winodws 7 64 bit? really dunno why that wouldnt work

That's what it says. It's definitely windows 7 though, so I could try the 32 bit one if it wouldn't do any harm?
Sorry for the slow reply by the way, been in work and watching the united match

That's what it says. It's definitely windows 7 though, so I could try the 32 bit one if it wouldn't do any harm?
Sorry for the slow reply by the way, been in work and watching the united match

should say on dxdiag on version of windows you have so I would double check there. You could try uninstalling your current drivers and then trying to install the new ones. But then you run the risk of not having any drivers at all if the new ones still can't install :/

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=279&threadid=129939

Give that a read, a few posts down someone has the same issue as you, though it is an earlier driver. He is able to fix his issue so you could try the same as him?

Last edited:
"I did manage to successfully install it in the end. I first tried uninstalling all the ATI drivers on my computer, but that didn't work. Then I restarted the computer and went into bios and changed "Switchable graphics" to "Dedicated graphics". And upon boot up, it just said no video card found or something (because I had previously uninstalled all the ATI drivers.) Windows proceeded to download some sort of display driver and when it finished updating, I was finally able to download and run the catalyst install file. It's weird because after restarting, it seems that the settings in bios was automatically changed back to "switchable graphics"."

Do you think I should try that? Or would you say its too risky to uninstall all the ATI drivers?

Personally it's up to you at the end of the day. Is the insane annoyance worth risking it to get it fixed? What he has done makes sense but at the end of the day it's your choice :)

It hasn't worked... although I couldn't find where to change switchable graphics to dedicated graphics? Went into the BIOs and just couldn't find what to change, any help on that? I'm on a Toshiba C660D by the way

have you already uninstalled your current drivers?

---------- Post added 30/04/2011 at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was 28/04/2011 at 11:42 AM ----------

It hasn't worked... although I couldn't find where to change switchable graphics to dedicated graphics? Went into the BIOs and just couldn't find what to change, any help on that? I'm on a Toshiba C660D by the way

how is it going?

When I plug my charger into my laptop, it only works when held in a certain position. Any help?

When I plug my charger into my laptop, it only works when held in a certain position. Any help?

sounds more like a loose wire inside the charger more than anything. Could you get another charger and see if that works fine?

Hi, pretty new to the forums so Jak 16 I could really use your help!
So basically what happens is my game runs fine and I added logos, kits etc. But then once I added them when I got to the tactics screen the formation part where it shows what position the players are playing all the shirts are invisible and I have to guess what players are in the position. I'd show you a screenshot but I dont know how to do that. So I deleted the extras and found that if I keep the logos the formation problem is fine. But its the kits extras that cause the problem but I really want to include my kits. Any ideas?

sounds more like a loose wire inside the charger more than anything. Could you get another charger and see if that works fine?

Yes, after a bit of googling that is what I found, some friends of mine have the same laptop so I shall try their charger. My battery is also broken and only lasts on its own for about 20 minutes.

Yes, after a bit of googling that is what I found, some friends of mine have the same laptop so I shall try their charger. My battery is also broken and only lasts on its own for about 20 minutes.

would be worthy borrowing one of their chargers to make sure. Have a research into how much a new battery would be.

Hi, pretty new to the forums so Jak 16 I could really use your help!
So basically what happens is my game runs fine and I added logos, kits etc. But then once I added them when I got to the tactics screen the formation part where it shows what position the players are playing all the shirts are invisible and I have to guess what players are in the position. I'd show you a screenshot but I dont know how to do that. So I deleted the extras and found that if I keep the logos the formation problem is fine. But its the kits extras that cause the problem but I really want to include my kits. Any ideas?
All I can say is make sure that what you're downloading is correct (maybe try downloading again incase the download became corrupt) and make sure you are saving it in the right area.