Votes: 44 69.8%
  • It doesn't look very useful

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Yes it fixed the computer issue I was having

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • No I am still having problems with my game

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters
Ok will do. I'm a bit confused though. If you've downloaded it off Steam where are you supposed to download the kits/logos/faces (they're the three main ones I'd like to use). I placed them in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2011\graphics\kits (or logos or faces) and they didnt work. But when I placed them in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2011\data\graphics\kits (or logos or faces) then they showed up albeit with the mentioned problem.

P.S I was just thinking of reinstalling it off steam and I know how to uninstall it but I'm worried that if I try to reinstall it after, the activation code will not be valid as I have already used it. Does anyone know if you can use your code more than once if you uninstall.

put all your graphics in 'My Documents'/Sports Interactive/FM11/graphics. That's where mine are and work.
Also you can uninstall and reinstall your game on steam as much as you like. Now it is active and locked to your account you don't need your activation key. It will be on your account forever

Ok will do. Btw you know the config.xml file, is that specific to each file or can you place one config.xml file in each folder for all the different leagues kits?

---------- Post added 02/05/2011 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 01/05/2011 at 11:56 PM ----------

Also, I figured out the screenshot thing but how do I post them on here?

have you already uninstalled your current drivers?

---------- Post added 30/04/2011 at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was 28/04/2011 at 11:42 AM ----------

how is it going?

I did uninstall it, and my screen went really weird... then windows downloaded some updates and fixed the screen. Tried downloading the thing again, but it still said the same thing :(

I did uninstall it, and my screen went really weird... then windows downloaded some updates and fixed the screen. Tried downloading the thing again, but it still said the same thing :(

does your game work fine now?

Ok will do. Btw you know the config.xml file, is that specific to each file or can you place one config.xml file in each folder for all the different leagues kits?

---------- Post added 02/05/2011 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 01/05/2011 at 11:56 PM ----------

Also, I figured out the screenshot thing but how do I post them on here?

what do you mean? I just downloaded what I wanted and saved all the files downloaded in the pathway I posted before. Regarding screenshots, click 'go advanced' and then choose the paper clip on the row of icons, next to the emoticons (yellow face). Choose which files you want to upload

does your game work fine now?

Nope, still the same problem. Do you think it might have anything to do with the game I've put on there? My old laptop was really close to dying so I put my long-term game on a USB stick, and now I've put it into the games folder, could that be causing the problems? I'm only saying this because someone on page 4 said they had the same problem as me by the sounds of it, but it was fixed when they deleted the kits

Nope, still the same problem. Do you think it might have anything to do with the game I've put on there? My old laptop was really close to dying so I put my long-term game on a USB stick, and now I've put it into the games folder, could that be causing the problems? I'm only saying this because someone on page 4 said they had the same problem as me by the sounds of it, but it was fixed when they deleted the kits

try starting a new game and seeing if the problem presists. Yeah try deleting all extra graphics you downloaded (kits, logos etc) and see if that fixes the issue. If it does we know that is causing the problems

Nothing with just starting the new game. Just deleted the USB stick game too and no change, got no extra graphics I've downloaded to delete either. ****.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Uninstalling and reinstalling it now, to see if that helps at all. :)

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Nah, still the same :(

you fully sure you can't find that dedicated graphics thing in your BIOS?

Yeah no idea where it should be. I spent like an hour looking through the menus too... Although when I clicked F2 (I think it was) It didn't say BIOs, it said Setup I think. Same thing though right?

Yeah no idea where it should be. I spent like an hour looking through the menus too... Although when I clicked F2 (I think it was) It didn't say BIOs, it said Setup I think. Same thing though right?

i dunno mate, really sorry. Keep googling?
I would recommend signing up at Build Your Own PC Forums and making a thread about it. Almost guarantee they will be able to solve your issue. I'm a member there (Buyaboat)

i dunno mate, really sorry. Keep googling?
I would recommend signing up at Build Your Own PC Forums and making a thread about it. Almost guarantee they will be able to solve your issue. I'm a member there (Buyaboat)

Right I managed to download up to date drivers (through toshiba) and it's still not working, just to keep you updated haha

Right I managed to download up to date drivers (through toshiba) and it's still not working, just to keep you updated haha

still not working?! after all that, ****** ****. Then I will have to apologise as I don't know where to go from here. I reiterate my point in my previous post about signing up in that forum, they will almost certainly fix the issue

very good make but i have a question after installing with steam can you install via the cd?
thanks in advance

very good make but i have a question after installing with steam can you install via the cd?
thanks in advance

no once you install with steam you use your CD key to register the game with your steam account and then it's locked to it. I'm pretty sure about that anyway

Little help

Hi there,

I'm getting a blue screen which restarts my computer immediately. When I reload the game after the restart I get a load of XML parsing errors (not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of floating_info_state_changed.xml AND floating_match_stats_state_changed.xml for example). I've a feeling that my graphics card isn't good enough and its causing the restart, which in turn is corrupting FM files. Does this sound plausible?

Here's what canurunit had to say...

View attachment 176539

The only thing thats confusing me is that the game played perfectly for 5-6 matches and then this happened. So thegraphics card WAS coping with it but now its not. I know little or nothing about them but that makes no sense to me.

Hi there,

I'm getting a blue screen which restarts my computer immediately. When I reload the game after the restart I get a load of XML parsing errors (not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of floating_info_state_changed.xml AND floating_match_stats_state_changed.xml for example). I've a feeling that my graphics card isn't good enough and its causing the restart, which in turn is corrupting FM files. Does this sound plausible?

Here's what canurunit had to say...

View attachment 176539

The only thing thats confusing me is that the game played perfectly for 5-6 matches and then this happened. So thegraphics card WAS coping with it but now its not. I know little or nothing about them but that makes no sense to me.

Have you tried the solutions in the XML errors thread? Blue screens suggest part of your hardware is failing, have you got a computer or laptop?

Hi, recently i re-installed fm 11 to my new pc, am currently running on windows 7 64 bits...i cud launch the game from steam but screen froze right after the the screen abt the license and etc...been trying to figure this for 2 days now...can some pls tell me what to do

i have tried to re- install, launch the application from the folder but to no avail

Hi, recently i re-installed fm 11 to my new pc, am currently running on windows 7 64 bits...i cud launch the game from steam but screen froze right after the the screen abt the license and etc...been trying to figure this for 2 days now...can some pls tell me what to do

i have tried to re- install, launch the application from the folder but to no avail

what are your computer specs?

what are your computer specs?

its windows 7 home edition 64 bit
intel core i5 2400
8gb memory
nvidia geforce gtx560 ti with 270.61 installed driver

i used to to run fm 2011 on another pc and i transfered all the files from the previous pc to the current one, including the face pack, logos, and even the ball skins
but somehow after steam re installed the files, i can't get past the initial credit/licsense screen