Jak's PC Problems guide/ Help Thread

no because i wont let me select both databases it only lets me select one. if i send the the download of the database, would you see if it worked mate?
just link me where you got it from, ill see if it works for me

Brad you're using a pirated copy of the game so you won't get any help here

have you tried the solutions in the OP?

Game crash

Recently my laptop crashed and i had to re-format it. Whilst re-installing football manager 2012 after the format my laptop crashed again and i had to replace to hard-drive. I am now unsure whether to re-install the game or buy a new copy incase fm was the cause for crash of my hard-drive. Has anyone else encountered this or could fm be the problem?

Recently my laptop crashed and i had to re-format it. Whilst re-installing football manager 2012 after the format my laptop crashed again and i had to replace to hard-drive. I am now unsure whether to re-install the game or buy a new copy incase fm was the cause for crash of my hard-drive. Has anyone else encountered this or could fm be the problem?
When you buy FM you're essentially just buying a code to activate it on steam. so just reinstall steam and then reinstall FM from steam and hopefully it will be fine

I get crashes at least three times a night and have tried everything that has been suggested to me by steam (i emailed them). verified cache, defrag files, updated directx, updated drivers, stopped using 3d engine, only using one country at a time. I am at my wits end and have had enough and i'm ready for giving up.

processor: pentuim(R) dual-core cpu t4200 @2.00ghz 2.00ghz
memory (RAM): 3.00gb
system type: 32-bit

Just thought i'd add i am running a large database with all the logos downloaded, facepacks, backgrounds, kits

I posted this in the other help thread, Jake and Jak i got mixed up lol

does the game work if you dump all the extra stuff (logos, facepacks etc) and play on a small database?

does the game work if you dump all the extra stuff (logos, facepacks etc) and play on a small database?

I haven't tried that, If i am perfectly honest i dont think i'd want to play it without the add ons. I may try to delete the face packs but the logos and kits to me are needed because without them the game feels bland. I hope you know where i am coming from with that.

With regards to needing to use a small database well to be honest if i have to play a bare bones game i'll just delete it all together because what fun is it without so many players missing?

Mate please dont think i am complaining at you, you were gracious enough to reply to me so thanks i am just annoyed woith the game at the moment because the runtime errors are getting on my nerves. :(.

Anyway, do you think going to a small database but keeping the add ons would work?

your laptop spec is quite poor so I suspect it might work without them. If it does then we know that's causing the issue. You then can start adding them back in until the game stops working again, that way you know your limit :)

your laptop spec is quite poor so I suspect it might work without them. If it does then we know that's causing the issue. You then can start adding them back in until the game stops working again, that way you know your limit :)

Cheers for helping mate.

I'll see what i am going to do lol, Maybe i'll just finally get round to reading all the books i have instead rather than spending all day on fm lol.

Anyone in here have much experience with Laptop cooling fans, that you sit your Laptop on? A friend want's to get one, just isn't sure if they actually work. And if they do, how much would he have to spend?

Anyone in here have much experience with Laptop cooling fans, that you sit your Laptop on? A friend want's to get one, just isn't sure if they actually work. And if they do, how much would he have to spend?
no idea mate, never had one. Try asking Lee or Jake, think one of them recommended them at some point to someone but not 100% sure

My Laptop crashed when I was saving a game now I cant load it. Im 3rd as Newcastle so really want it to work again. Please is there anything I can do tried the thing in the OP didnt work

My Laptop crashed when I was saving a game now I cant load it. Im 3rd as Newcastle so really want it to work again. Please is there anything I can do tried the thing in the OP didnt work
how did it not work? What happened?