Jak's PC Problems guide/ Help Thread

Just a update, My save is on the server, but when/how will I know if its been fixed?

Hi,

I get this message when I try to load up my game through Steam.

DXSETUP

C:\Windows\system\xactengine2_0.dll is either not designed to on windows or it contains an error.

I have not encountered this before and before this had no problem in playing FM on my computer.

Can anyone help? Would be much appreciated

Just a update, My save is on the server, but when/how will I know if its been fixed?
I would make a thread saying everything you've said here and that you have uploaded your save then wait for a response.

Hi,

I get this message when I try to load up my game through Steam.

DXSETUP

C:\Windows\system\xactengine2_0.dll is either not designed to on windows or it contains an error.

I have not encountered this before and before this had no problem in playing FM on my computer.

Can anyone help? Would be much appreciated
what are your computer specs?

Im not one for knowing stuff like that to be honest. Wouldnt have a clue, though if I have played on it before on the Computer surely its not the specs that are the problem

Im not one for knowing stuff like that to be honest. Wouldnt have a clue, though if I have played on it before on the Computer surely its not the specs that are the problem
It would still be useful to know :)
To find out go to start (bottom left of screen) and in the search bar type 'run' and click it when it comes up. Then in the search bar type 'dxdiag' and then press yes to anything that comes up. A box will appear with a variety of information. Copy and Paste what is on the 'system' tab it onto here and also what is on the 'display' tab

Could not find data folder. Data/Updates

I have a problem with my FM right now which is getting really frustrating. I keep getting "Warning! Could not find data folder. Data/Updates" when I run FM. Netherless, the game then works fine and I can load up a save file. But after 1-2 minutes the games stops and a window pops up saying "A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been geneterated in (crash dumps)" This is happening after I recently reset my computer, I put FM2012 on my hard drive and after my computer reset I moved the game back to programfilesx86 and the data folders to my documents. Any suggestions?

i cant see me u19 team with real madrid E.G. when i go on the u19 page all i can see is all my first team players

I have a problem with my FM right now which is getting really frustrating. I keep getting "Warning! Could not find data folder. Data/Updates" when I run FM. Netherless, the game then works fine and I can load up a save file. But after 1-2 minutes the games stops and a window pops up saying "A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been geneterated in (crash dumps)" This is happening after I recently reset my computer, I put FM2012 on my hard drive and after my computer reset I moved the game back to programfilesx86 and the data folders to my documents. Any suggestions?
Try reinstalling in the area that worked before you reset your computer
i cant see me u19 team with real madrid E.G. when i go on the u19 page all i can see is all my first team players
you have any filters activated by accident?

My PC Specks

Operating system: Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit (6.1, build 7600)
BIOS: Phoenix SecureCore NB version 07JD.M027.20100927.KSJ
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20 GHz (2 CPU's)
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Direct X Version: Direct X 11
Are these specks good enough to play the game, and is this why it was closing after the intro?
:)

Operating system: Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit (6.1, build 7600)
BIOS: Phoenix SecureCore NB version 07JD.M027.20100927.KSJ
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20 GHz (2 CPU's)
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Direct X Version: Direct X 11
Are these specks good enough to play the game, and is this why it was closing after the intro?
:)
those specs are quite poor but I would have thought it would be able to get passed the intros. Tried all solutions in OP?

Im currently downloading the latest patch so ill get back to you when that's downloaded :)

Last edited:
yeah i have followed the instructions like 3 times and it still will not show up
can you please help me

Last edited:
yeah i have followed the instructions like 3 times and it still will not show up
can you please help me
talk me through exactly what you are doing. I actually added facepacks to my game today with no problems. Have you gone to 'preferences' and then 'display' and unticked the box 'use skin cache'

ok so im looking at buying a new computer so i can play this game as my netbook does not have the capacity for it can you tell me if this will do the trick?

Processor Type:Intel Core 2 Duo
Operating System:WINDOWS 7 INSTALLEDProcessor Speed:1.86GHz- 2.1GHZ
Features:NEW ATI HD5450 1GB DEDICATED GRAPHICS, Graphics Card, Network Card, Operating System, USBMemory (RAM):4GB
Hard Drive Capacity:160GB

thanks.

how much is it? It will be able to run FM pretty well