January Transfer Window Update now available

aha i shall clear that cache pronto, cheers for that.

Here is my tactic, i developed it last year because it seemed like my forwards couldnt hit water from a boat, it looks attacking but i dont think it is too attacking tbh

View attachment 782197

ignore where the players are, im just putting them in to give them game time
The thing is, it's not a great tactic, imo.

Going forward, it's static. You're hoping to overload the AI in the middle with the 3 forwards (and CM/A joining late) and that's really your only chance of scoring. If the opposition pack the middle (3 DCs or a 4-1-4-1, for instance) you will struggle to break through them. The wide players are static and only there as an out ball. They're not going to cross or take people on. There's no-one "controlling" the midfield either. The CM/A will burst forward while the DM/D will sit deep.

The only are of movement that could cause problems for the opposition, is when the F9 drops deep and the CM/A bursts into that gap. The poacher will stay forward and the CF/S will drop a little, but not much.

You have two chances of doing well here. 1 - On the counter attack. 2 - Against an aggressive (mentality and/or formation and/or closing down) opponent who will get overloaded at the back. Both rely on the exact same way of scoring. Burst forward quickly down the middle.

Defensively, you have two fairly big problems. You have 3 players who won't contribute too much defensively. To make matters worse, you have a gigantic gap right in the middle of the park where the CM/A pushes up aggressively and the DM/D sits on top of the defence.

Unfortunately, I don't know what TIs you're using and it might affect my judgement a little, but overall, I'm not a fan of the tactic.

-----

To summarise, I'd hazard a guess that the 1-1 (maybe even the 3-2) was against a relegation team, happy to defend for most of the game. The others weren't. They had gaps at the back, which you overloaded centrally, but they dominated in midfield, creating their own chances.

is there any way to revert back to 15.2?
No, there isn't and there's no reason to, imo. The ME has seen big improvements, so it's worth playing the newer update.

Can't find it either. Looks like it hasn't. Do you have any idea if will I still get the improved BPL TV deal and changed CA/PA changes I start a game with the old database?

I see people saying no, and for the CA/PA changes that is obviously correct. But as for the improved BPL TV deal, I'm not so sure. I noticed that instead of getting the usual £875k for TV coverage, I got £1.2m after the update.

Anyone else know more about this?

i cant update.moreover, most of the time, the game is crashing upon start. and you know what ?my pc has resetted itself few minutes ago.i dont know what to do. i keep verifying my files and still version number is starting with : 536.... not with 6 as above.what shall I do ?when i verify my files, steam is trying to download update which is 11.9 MBbut while playing, the version code seems 15.3

Reinstall the fix, you have to after every update.

This has happened on mine; installed the latest update from Sortitoutsi and reloaded my save, and the German team is still greyed out! Hopefully it'll fix when the next round of internationals take place and I get a proper German team

Can anyone tell me how much money you receive per match televised in the BPL, after the update? Would be greatly appreciated!

Reinstalled, cleaned everything out. Booted the game backup, skins still don't work. Default skin when I go to any screen it's super laggy and slow. When I need to adjust my tactic, super laggy and slow. When I need to replace a player, it locks up for nearly a full minute. When I need to replace multiple players, instant crash.

Awesome. How do you mess up this badly? Oh, and I still have a bunch of gumby players sliding around.

A bit strange this patch although the several improvements made. Translations are suffering again like in FM14, the players first touch is a mess also like the first versions of FM14, Central Defenders continue to miss several long balls, short corners are not followed and when the opposition regains possession after the corner, our players don't close down, the AP with an attack duty makes crazy speedy runnings.

Playing as Man Utd won everything there was to win last season losing 2 games in the whole season and one of them is when i restedthe whole first 11 for an important game, now in a new season where i made a couple of signings and improved my squad and ive got the new update ive played 6 games losing 5 of them, its no coincidence its defiantly the update feel like just giving up on FM to be honest it took me a long long time to get my tactics to the way i have them it took me longer to get it right at the back was conceding 1 or 2 goals every game but i got to the bottom of it eventually and now its all gone belly up again....cheers lads !!!!

Don't know if anyone has this problem after the update, but in my first 3D match all the players appear to be Subbuteo players! No arm or leg movement, just sliding along with arms outstretched!

Had To Edit Nearly All Of Custom Files Due To The New Patch Randomly Moving Teams Around

Does anyone know how to start midway through the season( as close to right now as possible) with the league how it actually is? E.g. Chelsea 5 points clear at the top etc. rather than the game simming when you choose Norway and starting with teams in positions they are nowhere near in real life

Can anybody discuss here how much 'playable' the game gets after this patch? I'm looking to buy this game finally but unsure as to how much this patch fixes the game - if the match engine is as horrid as EVERYONE says it is still, I'm sticking w/ 2012. Please let me know and thanks in advance everyone!

Can anybody discuss here how much 'playable' the game gets after this patch? I'm looking to buy this game finally but unsure as to how much this patch fixes the game - if the match engine is as horrid as EVERYONE says it is still, I'm sticking w/ 2012. Please let me know and thanks in advance everyone!
People are idiots and it's certainly not everyone; just a minority. The ME isn't and never was "horrid". Rather than listen to us, try the demo and make your own mind up.

People are idiots and it's certainly not everyone; just a minority. The ME isn't and never was "horrid". Rather than listen to us, try the demo and make your own mind up.

Also - ALWAYS LISTEN TO WHAT THIS MAN SAYS. THIS MAN KNOWS WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT. :wub:

"People are idiots", "it's certainly not everyone; just a minority", "try the demo and make your own mind up"

could you please share your honest opinions? I'm rather new to the manager genre here. Constructive opinion would be appreciated very much - again, thanks in advance. Needless to say, your opinion will benefit not only me but countless users & the devs themselves who will visit this post for the update opinions.

Last edited: