Success in the cup however did come at it's cost as we lost 4 first team players to injury.

View attachment 252022
Player
Injury (length)
Stéphane Pinto
Strained Knee Ligaments ( 6- 7 weeks)
Grégoire Lefebvre
Pulled Hamstring (3 weeks)
Raúl De Tomás
twister ankle (unknown)
Cheick Diarra
bruised thigh (5-7 days)

Geez, seems like what can go wrong Is going wrong atm mate. Now all you need is Kilic to be injured just before the window opens& your nightmare will be complete!

View attachment 251984View attachment 251982
With 6 months left to run on my contract, I made an appointment
to meet with the board of directors. I wanted to inform them that
I intended not to renew my contract; which expires at the end of
the current season.

View attachment 251979

There are many reason behind this decision.

I constantly feel like there is a financial noose around my neck and the wage budget
being slashed was a huge motivation in this decision.

I've key players int he last years of their contracts and I've no chance of keeping
them while we're in such a poor financial state.

View attachment 251981

Call it superstition, but the amount of injuries I've been getting makes me feel like
Auxerre is just not meant to be, it's just not where I'll find me feet. I'm goign to stay
until the end of the season and try get this team promoted but I've no intention of
being here next year.

So is this back? OR Liverpool? Or both? :D

This story was never over, I just felt like bringing back the Liverpool one. I'm focusing on this one for awhile now :)

Nice to see updates here! Be interesting to see what awaits after Auxerre.

Aye, I'm the same. I'm looking forward to seeing where I go. I'm thinking Holland or Italy; but we'll see what jobs are available.

This story was never over, I just felt like bringing back the Liverpool one. I'm focusing on this one for awhile now :)

Aye, I'm the same. I'm looking forward to seeing where I go. I'm thinking Holland or Italy; but we'll see what jobs are available.

Speaking from experience, I'm finding Italy immensely good fun, as apart from maybe Juventus, there is no dominant power. It's pretty much anyone's game.

Speaking from experience, I'm finding Italy immensely good fun, as apart from maybe Juventus, there is no dominant power. It's pretty much anyone's game.

I've always found Italy difficult to start in becasue of all the co-ownerships and the multitude of loans deals. They all settle down after the first season but if you're not used to Italian football, it's quite intimidating.

I've always found Italy difficult to start in becasue of all the co-ownerships and the multitude of loans deals. They all settle down after the first season but if you're not used to Italian football, it's quite intimidating.

Agreed, I've been lucky enough to come in 3 seasons down the line, so it is a lot more straightforward as you say.

Agreed, I've been lucky enough to come in 3 seasons down the line, so it is a lot more straightforward as you say.

Italy has some great youngsters as well to grab on loan to push up the leagues. One of the reasons I want to Leave Auxerre is because they're broke, I can't get more badges. Both of us are stagnating, I'm not the man for them; they're not the club for me :p

View attachment 251321

And so it begins. I cna't match the contract offers
coming in for the players with 6 months left so I just
have to hope that no one pinches them before I can
make some sales to free up some wages from the budget.

View attachment 251295

We had agreed a €5.5M deal with Roma which would have been
huge for our financial troubles but the club is yet to agree terms
with the players. I'm hoping they come back with another bid.