Story is top class mate!

lot of effort and very realistic which I like! not winning every game 4-0

Some young Scottish boys to look at

Paul Mckay - Doncaster
Jack Mckay - Doncaster
Craig Wighton - Dundee
Chris Brown - Inverness
Robbie Mccrorie - Rangers

View attachment 861154 I just wept. I buried myself into my mothers arms and just wept. I might have been 17 years old but when you are devastated, sometimes all you can do is cry. My contract at Barcelona expired today... and they had not offered me a senior development deal. "You're a good kid Javier, but you haven't developed enough. I don't think you'll get games here. If you want a career as a footballer... It's not going to be here" I mean yeah, they're honest words, but they stung. Barcelona was my home.. and after 9 years in the academy... I was so close. Though I think loosing it only made me want it more.

My time at Barcelona did however attract some attention. My agent told me of a few clubs enquiring about my availability. View attachment 860415 Villarreal offered my a development deal with their 'B' team. They are a huge club but I wasn't sure if I wanted to play a bit part in their reserves. View attachment 860418 Cádiz offered me a senior contract in their 1st team. Though they play in the third tier of Spanish football, I was flattered they wanted me as a starter. View attachment 860419 Las Palmas offered me a 2 year deal but I wasn't keen on moving that far form home. The island of Grand Canaria was a long way from home. View attachment 860432

So in the end I too the offer from Cádiz. They may be playing in the lower league but they were offering me a starting role in their squad. I ended up staying there for 10 years. Aged 26, I had worked my way up through the squad and had earned the captain's armband. I can honestly say I grew to love Cádiz... but I still missed Barcelona. They were the one that got away and I pushed myself everyday to hopefully get a call to return. I knew it was a long shot but what else could I do. View attachment 860433 Though my hard work did pay off. I earned a transfer to R.C. Deportivo. Now playing in La Liga, I was excited as I would get to fulfil a lifelong dream. I would walk out onto the Camp Nou as a professional player. It didn't matter to me that I would be wearing the opposition colours. I knew I would be jeered and hissed at. That was nothing personal, I was the enemy. I understood... But that only made me want it even more. If I couldn't play for them; then I'll beat them.... We lost 4-1 but the fight was in me. I knew I was where I wanted to be! I stayed at Deportivo for 5 years and hung up my boots at 31 years of age. In total, I made 385 career appearances, scoring 102 goals over 15 years. View attachment 860439 I never did achieve that dream of playing for Barcelona. But I'm not done yet.. Maybe one day! I could one day I'll manage them!

Like the move into international youth management, very unexpected.

Story is top class mate!

lot of effort and very realistic which I like! not winning every game 4-0

Some young Scottish boys to look at

Paul Mckay - Doncaster
Jack Mckay - Doncaster
Craig Wighton - Dundee
Chris Brown - Inverness
Robbie Mccrorie - Rangers

Will keep an eye on them mate. Cheers

Like the move into international youth management, very unexpected.

Aye, I fancied a change. It's also a homage to my Kia Ora story that died (lost the file in a steam sync error)

Aye see what ye did there!

:p

The fact we don't experience a 'summer' in Scotland!?

Excited by the move to youth football, very intrigued as to what you could do to the Scottish side!

Aye, I'll be keeping an eye on the Scottish League since I'm a big fan of domestic based talent.

View attachment 250249
View attachment 250248Glasgow

The city is home to Scotland's largest football stadia: Celtic Park (60,355 seats), Ibrox Stadium (50,947 seats) and Hampden Park (51,866 seats); which is Scotland's national football stadium. Hampden Park holds the European record for attendance at a football match: 149,547 saw Scotland beat England 3-1 in 1937.

Glasgow has three professional football clubs: Celtic and Rangers; which together make the Old Firm, and Partick Thistle. Senior teams such as St. Mirren, Hamilton Academical, Clyde, Albion Rovers, Airdrie United and Motherwell play in Greater Glasgow.

The history of football in the city, as well as the status of the Old Firm, attracts many visitors to football matches in the city throughout the season. Hampden Park and Ibrox have been awarded UEFA 5 star status, meaning that they are capable of hosting the final of the Champions' League.

Hampden Park has hosted the final on three occasions, most recently in 2002 and hosted the UEFA Cup Final in 2007. The Scottish Football Association, the national governing body, and the Scottish Football Museum are based in Glasgow, as are the Scottish Professional Football League, Scottish Junior Football Association and Scottish Amateur Football Association.

The Glasgow Cup was a once popular tournament, where all professional teams from the city would compete, however, now only Junior teams do.

View attachment 250242
View attachment 250241

My first international squad was built with the Under 20's World cup in mind
so I picked players who I knew who would still be with me in 12 months time.
A very domestic based team; I'm favoring players who are learning their trade
in Scotland.

View attachment 250238

View attachment 250240

View attachment 250239

View attachment 250237
View attachment 250236

View attachment 250235
View attachment 250234
View attachment 250233

Good result against who you would think would be the favorites to win the group!

View attachment 249644
View attachment 249643

I feel we have a chance at retaining top spot but it means we have to beat the FYR Macedonia
by a decent margin. Though with Portugal to play Gibraltar, I see second place as a more realistic
aim. Still, we have to not loose: We loose and we're out!

.... It's just after hitting me. I'm playing the group's host nation next... They must win to stay in it.
Que drama!

.... It's just after hitting me. I'm playing the host nation next... They must win to stay in it.
Que drama!

Haha, I was already thinking that was going to be a tough final match, never mind that they are the hosts!

Haha, I was already thinking that was going to be a tough final match, never mind that they are the hosts!

I do quite like how the U19's Qualifying is organized. Each group is hosted by a nation in that group. Means the games are not draining a nations Stadia for the entire qualifying round.