fmbase were down yesterday or just updating their site - well I'm glad its back up becourse I have something I would like to share, but before I begin I would like to share the video below - absolutely crazy :)

[video=youtube;xTgjNtYFcgI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTgjNtYFcgI[/video]

So a friend of mine showed me a tactic created by Luke - First I thought ahh ballwinning midfielder support in the defensive midfield position, but then I plugged it in to my Barca test save and gave it a shot and I have to say I was pretty surprised about how well the defensive works - Lets take a look at the original tactic first -

A 4-3-3 formation

View attachment 148381

It certainly looks like something we have seen alot of times before? - Playing several matches with this - watching the match to get an overview of the visual and I have to say the seven positions from defence - midfield was smooth with a crazy ball winning midfielder harrassing from deep to high up the pitch - a cm defend that covers for the bwm when he is out of position - a very balanced tactic and as I said to my friend - a very clever tactic, but where their is pros their is sometimes also cons to talk about - The front 3 - While everything works perfect those 3 are in my opinion not setup perfectly. The lack of danger - the focus on crossing to targetman - the whipped crosses - the roles - I just didn't like it - So I changed a few things and I think the outcome is very balanced defensively and offensively.

In the article by Luke he saids that he's succeeding with players that has average attributes at 12 and he expect you to be able to succeed with an underdog team - what I wonder is - what are the opponents then ;) - nevertheless its strong defensively nomatter what. I like the very tweaked version below more though - while it looks more defensive I can tell you its the opposite of that. Oh and if you are wondering about the name its becourse I have diabetes and I drank coca cola yesterday which is something I shouldn't do like ever - it litterally works like a drug when you don't do it normally lol

Jesaustralia Coke vs Diabetes XI (4141/433)

View attachment 148378

Matches:

View attachment 148377 View attachment 148376 View attachment 148375

Now I have only used it in a test save with Barca - and haven't given it a real test run yet, but what I visually saw was a great defense and offense - I tried more direct styles as well in the process to this result, but I always came back to this version. While direct passing with a quick tempo can look extremely beautiful - its very much a risk and reward setting or risk it all setting.

OI'S = None

Players
:
Dm - macherano or dm type that can behave as a ballwinner
CMD - Busquets or a player that has a bit of everything but most of all defensive qualities
CMA - Iniesta (Perfection) Obviously you know whats needed here
Wide mids - Neymar/Messi - Now this is surely a more tricky one - get a quick winger that can cross and finish
False 9 - Suarez - Get a striker that has great offball acceleration anticipation and finish attribute + decent vision 10+

Guys I have no more this time, but as always I hope you will enjoy this

Cheers

Last edited:
fmbase were down yesterday or just updating their site - well I'm glad its back up becourse I have something I would like to share, but before I begin I would like to share the video below - absolutely crazy :)

[video=youtube;xTgjNtYFcgI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTgjNtYFcgI[/video]

So a friend of mine showed me a tactic created by Luke - First I thought ahh ballwinning midfielder support in the defensive midfield position, but then I plugged it in to my Barca test save and gave it a shot and I have to say I was pretty surprised about how well the defensive works - Lets take a look at the original tactic first -

A 4-3-3 formation

View attachment 1055403

It certainly looks like something we have seen alot of times before? - Playing several matches with this - watching the match to get an overview of the visual and I have to say the seven positions from defence - midfield was smooth with a crazy ball winning midfielder harrassing from deep to high up the pitch - a cm defend that covers for the bwm when he is out of position - a very balanced tactic and as I said to my friend - a very clever tactic, but where their is pros their is sometimes also cons to talk about - The front 3 - While everything works perfect those 3 are in my opinion not setup perfectly. The lack of danger - the focus on crossing to targetman - the whipped crosses - the roles - I just didn't like it - So I changed a few things and I think the outcome is very balanced defensively and offensively.

In the article by Luke he saids that he's succeeding with players that has average attributes at 12 and he expect you to be able to succeed with an underdog team - what I wonder is - what are the opponents then ;) - nevertheless its strong defensively nomatter what. I like the very tweaked version below more though - while it looks more defensive I can tell you its the opposite of that. Oh and if you are wondering about the name its becourse I have diabetes and I drank coca cola yesterday which is something I shouldn't do like ever - it litterally works like a drug when you don't do it normally lol

Jesaustralia Coke vs Diabetes XI (4141/433)

View attachment 1055406

Matches:

View attachment 1055407 View attachment 1055408 View attachment 1055409

Now I have only used it in a test save with Barca - and haven't given it a real test run yet, but what I visually saw was a great defense and offense - I tried more direct styles as well in the process to this result, but I always came back to this version. While direct passing with a quick tempo can look extremely beautiful - its very much a risk and reward setting or risk it all setting.

Players
:
Dm - macherano or dm type that can behave as a ballwinner
CMD - Busquets or a player that has a bit of everything but most of all defensive qualities
CMA - Iniesta (Perfection) Obviously you know whats needed here
Wide mids - Iniesta/Messi - Now this is surely a more tricky one - get a quick winger that can cross and finish
False 9 - Suarez - Get a striker that has great offball acceleration anticipation and finish attribute + decent vision 10+

Guys I have no more this time, but as always I hope you will enjoy this

Cheers

hi,

Great work.

Do you use any OI?

cheers

View attachment 1055428

Game One with El Mastreo (very minor tweak), stupid woodwork, very awesome

Holy ****!!! that is awesome - I have seen it could get alot of chances before, but that one is crazy - you must be dissapointed with the lack of 10 goals you should have been credited lol

Now the questions

Maine Road - What league and Division do you play in?

Are your team better than the opponents in your league?

The tweak what was it - Role change?

Awesome dude - I'm very happy with that

Cheers

Holy ****!!! that is awesome - I have seen it could get alot of chances before, but that one is crazy - you must be dissapointed with the lack of 10 goals you should have been credited lol

Now the questions

Maine Road - What league and Division do you play in?

Are your team better than the opponents in your league?

The tweak what was it - Role change?

Awesome dude - I'm very happy with that

Cheers

North West Premier - Level 8 England
I'm the best team in the league, midfield and attack, bit short on squad size and defense though. Its essentially the MCFC u18 team at the min :)

You sure it wasn't a major tweak? I just tried this for a few games and I had under 4 shots every game..... team predicted to finish 5th

No, slightly minor to reduce closing down and go a bit more direct passing, this could just be a one off but i'll let you know how the rest of the season pans out/

Last edited:
First match, tactic Sicillian Accident. Real Madrid 8:0 Real Betis 49 shouts, 62% possesion. Congratulations.

I'm the best team in the league, midfield and attack, bit short on squad size and defense though. Its essentially the MCFC u18 team at the min :)

No, slightly minor to reduce closing down and go a bit more direct passing, this could just be a one off but i'll let you know how the rest of the season pans out/

So it works on low levels - as long you are the best team where you play - that's the tendency it seems - very cool

Feel free to upload your tweaked version mate - I'll edit the OP and include it and the post that reference to the tactic :)

Cheers pal

By the way do you see purfleet in any of the leagues?

I once contacted Purfleet and told them I want to be a supporter of their club - and they told me I really shouldn't lol - we are bad - I knew that already I just liked the name and played with them back in fm06 - maybe one day they will be big - when santa clause comes knocking on my door in the shape of the reaper :)

Anyway just wondering

I once contacted Purfleet and told them I want to be a supporter of their club - and they told me I really shouldn't lol - we are bad - I knew that already I just liked the name and played with them back in fm06 - maybe one day they will be big - when santa clause comes knocking on my door in the shape of the reaper :)

Anyway just wondering

Not in the database I have, but there is an England one down to Level 23, they are in that surely.

Team predicted 5th should still do well, your Spurs team were predicted 5th.

Making a quick save to try this maybe for next season

Anyway just wondering

If memory serves Purfleet are now known as Thurrock FC

Hello everyone,

I'm still playing with the 4-2-4 high-score one

First of all, I'd like to say that although it's the 2027-2028 season, I always prefer to develop my own players especially the rotation players and transfer key ones for max 20-25m Euros. I don't have any wonder kids or super talented squad and also prefer transfer listed players as they are cheap and sell anyone when there is a good offer is received :)

I was managing another team and when Bayern offered me contract I accepted to win champions league :) Last season they were 7th bundesliga (obvious reason why the manager got sacked:)) First season I used a different tactic and won the league, yet the performance was not that satisfying, I decided to change tactic and applied 4-2-4 :) No tweaks or whatsoever

Next season

View attachment 148204

View attachment 148205

WON EVERYTHING, defeated Valencia 8-1 on champ. league semi-final, 5-2 juventus on finals.

This season until now

View attachment 148203

This tactic is BEAST. I don't think you need to create tactics anymore :) See you fm 17

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I'm still playing with the 4-2-4 high-score one

First of all, I'd like to say that although it's the 2027-2028 season, I always prefer to develop my own players especially the rotation players and transfer key ones for max 20-25m Euros. I don't have any wonder kids or super talented squad and also prefer transfer listed players as they are cheap and sell anyone when there is a good offer is received :)

I was managing another team and when Bayern offered me contract I accepted to win champions league :) Last season they were 7th bundesliga (obvious reason why the manager got sacked:)) First season I used a different tactic and won the league, yet the performance was not that satisfying, I decided to change tactic and applied 4-2-4 :) No tweaks or whatsoever

Next season

View attachment 1055594

View attachment 1055593

WON EVERYTHING, defeated Valencia 8-1 on champ. league semi-final, 5-2 juventus on finals.

This season until now

View attachment 1055595

This tactic is BEAST. I don't think you need to create tactics anymore :) See you fm 17
what traning and match prep do you use and what about OI? And with 4-2-4 do you use i think there is 2? a screenshot will be nice if you could show me :)

Last edited: