Premium
Reaction score
Jesaustralia's favourite fm17 tactic 4-3-1-2

Download Here

Download Almost Reversed version Here

Player Shortlist by 0Widowmaker0

2dc5158c624f8a2c1481881779ef689e.png

First of all I've been aware of this tactic
for a while now - its foundation was established by someone who call themselves the_reckonist and gave the tactic the name Gamebreaker - you can find the original version here

An exellent tactic that hasn't received enough credit compared to other tactics on the market - SHAME!!!

However when that is said - the tactic released above is inspired by that tactic but improved to a version that I find magical - magic in defence - magic in attack - but as it often happen you will need to understand how things work - Knowing how you get to see that magic I'm talking about.

With this tactic I have build a team for Ajax - Brondby - FC Helsingor (Elsinore) - Wolves (Using Gamebreaker) - Real Madrid for 10 games or so (Reversed version) - With Ajax - Brondby I won anything that was possible pretty quick in the save - we were able to sign Asensio in season 2 and in the same season they were in the CH League quarter finals before exiting - and FC Helsingor which is another Danish team that starts in the 2nd tier of the danish competitions I managed to build to a CH League quarter final team pretty quickly as well.

So what does all this success mean
? - Cheat tactic? NO!! - it means I bought all the right kind of players that could make it happen and its honestly not entirely obvious what you'll need to do - so go on reading....

I'm not stating that this tactic is an underdog tactic - but you can lower the requirements in a lower league and succeed for sure - FC Helsingor is the perfect example of that starting a carreer their with amateur players - The year later they were professional :D

Lets get in to the flesh of things...

Players & Individual Training:

Attacking Fullback - A:
This position/role creates lots of assists and needs to be lightning quick and have attacking attributes - often my choice of player would be someone like Iorfa though he is a weirdo :D **** tall and scary player - in reality it would be good to have someone like Nelson Semedo becourse this position get scoring chances themselves and a 10+ finishing attribute wouldn't hurt for sure. Crosses are not as important though its a wide player.
Training - Complete Wingback Schedule + Quickness

Supporting Fullback - S:
Well you'll need someone like Riedewald a ball playing defender that interacts alot in the build up play - again I do not think that the cross attribute is of imperitive importance - passing attributes and technical attributes I value much more.
Training - Ball Playing Defender Schedule or Complete Wingback + Quickness

Central Defence - D:
I prefer these to be average quick +13/13 - the more ball playing these are the better, but not absolutely crucial. De Ligt from Ajax is a massive talent of the future in this department, but theirs plenty of good defenders out their - both cheap and expensive. One of my Favs are definitely Michael Keane.
Training - Ball playing defender + Quickness

Ball winning midfield - S:
Now its getting more exciting...- In the original gamebreaker tactic theirs two of these, but I've changed that to one only - what matters though is that you get an allround type of player more than you get a strong player - this player doesn't need to be a monster physically - its much more beneficial if you have a player that can do things going forward as well - Havertz is a great player in this position - he has 10 in tackling, but how I want you to see this is - get a complete midfielder like Koke - Fernandes (Botafogo) - other player like Husbauer insane longshot - I find longshots to be quite useful - I always get BWM's or other types of midfielders going forward to have atleast 13+ longshot. High workrate - teamwork - decisions - Technique and more technique.
Training - Roaming Playmaker or Deep laying Playmaker + Longshot

Deep Playmaker - D:
This position is the player I would say is the worst performing overall - so you would easily be able to use a cheap option here - an older AP in this position will often do well. Defending attributes are not as important as ball playing attributes - technical attributes - this player needs to be a composed visionary that works well within a team (teamwork) - Basically you need players with DLP attributes
Training - Deep Laying Playmaker Schedule

Central Midfield - A:
This is one of the most exciting roles in fm17 when getting the right player - I'm seeing this position as a 4th striker to be honest - yes exciting isn't it? :D - So let me explain...This position needs to be a quick dribbler who has lots of visions offball movement skills and obviously a technical genius with flair - then he needs to be able to finish like a striker (James Rodriguez) (Renato Sanches) (Alena) (Asensio) and many more I bet.
Training - Roaming Playmaker Schedule + Finish

Advanced Playmaker - A:
My Favourite Role in both modern and past football - this however is like a 3rd striker - a creative striker - this position will score lots of goals and assist alot - Asensio is definitely gods son in this position - Oliver isn't :( - you will want someone who can both finish and shoot from a distance - you will want vision and technical attributes, but you will also want this player to be intelligent
(decisions - flair - composure - anticipation) & fairly quick
Training - Adavanced Playmaker + Finishing

Complete Forward - A:
Depending on who you got ofcourse - this player can score alot of goals - 60+ I've seen 87 - what I find important is CFA to be creative - quick - technical - I don't care if these are strong but its always nice if they are - Vietto can do well here - Dybala/Suarez/ - Regents. In case you can't find one or don't have one becourse of lack of talent - its definitely ok to change this role to an advanced forward - I do that in my own saves if I feel that the players are not as good as a CF. One more thing I like in strikers that can finish is the PPM shoot with power if they have technique as well. Basically I just like quick creative strikers who got flair - AP schedule will provide that in that case its + finishing
Training - F9 or Advanced playmaker Schedule + quickness

Advanced Forward - A:
Nothing extraordinary about the AF - but I can tell you its a position that are capable of scoring lots of goals - I have seen a very young Buitink
(becomes world class)
scored above 60 goals in the 2nd season tutored the first year by Didier Drogba - became a perfectionist in personality - you are probably aware that their aren't many of those that can often be an indicator of special talent - not always but in some cases for sure. I obviously treat the CF and the AF the same - so a quick technical finisher with the ppm shoot with power. Another good ppm for a striker is - Get in to opposition area - both ppms are golden.
Training - F9 + quickness or AP + finishing

Team Training:

Preseason - At the tactic screen - Load tactic in to all 3 slots

Training screen - Team Cohesion - Intensity=High - 50% Scheduling -
Match Preparation=Tactics

Do this till the 1st of october, but lower the intensity when you start getting more than 1 match a week.

In-Season - Team cohesion - Intensity=Average - 50% Scheduling - Rest after match ticked - Match preparation=Defensive Positioning

Resting - I recommend to rest your 1st - 11 - straight after each match between 2 and 3 days if their is more than 1 match in a week.

Their is no OI's

Team Talks - I prefer to do them myself - I normally choose the calm option and then the 2nd choice - then individually I say have faith or you got what it takes - prematch

At HT depending on the score and on the body language of my players - if they are confident and we lead comfortably then I do nothing - if its a narrow lead - by 2+ goals or less I calmly tell the players that its not good enough - if they are behind I aggresively tell them that they are morons :D

At FT I tell them calmly it was a good win or it wasn't good enough

0Widowmaker0 Resources

FM-Touch

The Tactic - Don't try this 4-4-2 I decided to take it down due to bullying if you wanna try it Download it here

IMPORTANT!!
So just to make one thing clear - I didn't from the start - If you don't listen to me
(reading this OP and learn) or you being a bit impatient due to poor results - then I don't have time for you - this op is crucial to your success -

Telling me that this and this is wrong and I don't understand this and that - is not gonna make me wanna edit the tactic - I refer you to the
results post here - it speaks for itsself - I don't care about your poor results - I sincerely don't - I already have released a finished product - I don't need anyone to edit it - once again look at the results page - if you are not a moron you will agree that this is solid :) - if not I will try not to reply to you ;) - In case this tactic will be tested it should rank in the top - In case it isn't I would question that test ;) - once again look at the results page above - results you see rarely somewhere else

If you want me to reply to your issues - show me pictures of whats going on - I need to see your players - your transfer history - your results - expect a harsh answer if you think its the tactics fault - this game is called football manager - the keyword manager should be taken serious since that's what you do in a game like this - manage & micro manage

So what's actually going on these days with me? (for you who's interested) - well I'm doing exersize due to my diabetes and then I'm doing some voice over jobs in short animation films - apart from that I'm chilling - playing different games - dreaming of the lake of lugano (how I want to live their one day :D Guys if I come across as someone angry - you are very wrong - I'm a very fair person and if their is something I dislike - I tell everyone where they can put their finger and that's how it should be done - we live - we die - we are equals nomatter who we are or where we come from or what we believe in or how much money we have - noone is above the other - Respect

Enjoy Guys :)

Last edited:
Reserved For Results:

Ajax:

S1
87289d7770b33041c6fcdb820ed221e3.png

S2

124a10c66d78d60aa91b8effbd4a0027.png

S3

1740a5631278319c049824402dab0e5f.png

S4

d65729cf33f9fd932794cbda54dc19c8.png

S5

7a6b2e895caeb83277ec6afdd33b5934.png

CH - League History Ajax:

b716a06d9869cde0d0fd52291e215fb2.png

Brondby:

S1

761e4e33ef55842abbf010eaf4b4991d.png

S2

eaa7a07c6ad576a70f51dc0091c413af.png

S3

06114da4d2077599d036ebd15f09cf24.png

S4

5cd9b701fa809c0fe3148fa821f92e2c.png

S5

8cea1b4027e2b0aa599a56f52275d4eb.png

CH History

5081ca88dceeb73f4a10adddf623b9f6.png

FC Helsingor:

S1 - (equivalant of the 2nd best league in Denmark - Amateur players only)

c5d3fcce0b94ce7deed89e24250b3d47.png

S2

c0e6cd66afd6f5b5197996b042cd4921.png

S3

34eac2ccfdbf35fc9bbd9f742e62696d.png

S4

4bf50167567b59a210c2dd38172905ca.png

S5

7a6870963313b2264e6d74f1073b61f9.png

S6

dffb8ad431089d1857856206d04f86ce.png

CH - League History

b1671ca833fbe8e1393c76d3ced8e210.png

Your Results Below:

JeffDekker - Post
d8dc5d32d36fbbdc82c2001644af7d57.png

Asrar Amin
2964d8c0b9f16252749e30c9c3fc57ff.png

Jethers - Post

be37619b6b94ad03691c03ec08139a98.jpg

0Widowmaker0 - Post
a6a6b8ff38f99e6f1522873693157d5d.png

0Widowmaker0 - Post
88aebf740edef38172c8f0c889e38ec5.jpg

0Widowmaker0

Raaaleee
cc41f335f8febeffbcf11c21257cb38a.jpg

Anodia - Woodburn Goals - Post

7ad82799ec7d5f9dbe05d35057518f3d.jpg

Anodia - Post
349dd85f4bfb3cecf58b7baae87186cc.png

FyrstWalterLFC
- Post - Relegation predicted - No money!!

f5a876d4722e9edcb9bb249bcebcbcd7.jpg

FyrstWalterLFC

FyrstWalterLFC - Post
31cf35478ac997f59934c55ae2d04c49.jpg

Wii - Post

e121296722ec2f74ddf381879acb0b87.jpg

Gollevich - Post
75ffcdaad7e56cd6e58ff5261a53ad9c.png

Last edited:
I'll give it a quick test. On another note, i visited Lake Lugano when i was about 12/13, it's a very beautiful place.

What are the differences in the reversed version?

Looks promising in my first couple of games. Think a regista will work instead of the DLP or do you think the midfield will be too narrow?

Nice to see that you havn't forgotten this forum Jes (H)

Looks promising in my first couple of games. Think a regista will work instead of the DLP or do you think the midfield will be too narrow?

I don't know to be honest - you can try, but the whole thing function really strong as it is - but the DLP is for sure the weakest point - but its only average rate wise I mean its weak - if we look at the balance then I'm very happy with it being a DLP defence

but its the same thing with the BWM's - it originally had two - but then I thought to myself - CM-A used to be **** good and they surely still are - but to many of the same can also be dangerous defensively - so its all about keeping the balance - but definitely try different things - its always good to have more opinions and eyes on this already very successful formation even when it was in the shape of Gamebreaker by the reckonist

Cheers mate and thanks for trying it out

Nice to see that you havn't forgotten this forum Jes (H)

Forum hasn't been forgotten - and I will still provide information/articles and release tactics going forward for those who desires that ofcourse :) - Cheers matey

Forum hasn't been forgotten - and I will still provide information/articles and release tactics going forward for those who desires that ofcourse :) - Cheers matey

Can you give us the number of goals of your strikers eg at Ajax?

Hi jesaustralia
tactic is not working in my VVV venlo save... 3games 3 losses against small teams too.....
What can I do?? I dont use OI, use the same training and instructions as you (relative to the players role)

Hi jesaustralia
tactic is not working in my VVV venlo save... 3games 3 losses against small teams too.....
What can I do?? I dont use OI, use the same training and instructions as you (relative to the players role)

Mate wait for new season and then use this tac (play 7-8 friendly matches)

It's look like Hamish's comment on fmscout link.
4-3-1-2 Gamebreaker FM17 Tactic | FM Scout

But great tactic overall

No it looks like a narrow 4312 - did you not read the OP? - I tell you all that this is inspired by the reckonist - but this is still different - possession is much more aggressive in Gamebreaker - my version is with different roles in Attack the midfield theirs change as well - and then their is the most important - The mentality - huge difference to how things work when you change mentality - also I teach you how to use this tactic - a different way to how the author of gamebreaker would - you choose if you wanna listen - but I bet those who does will be happy. Be happy I release it ;)

I don't know to be honest - you can try, but the whole thing function really strong as it is - but the DLP is for sure the weakest point - but its only average rate wise I mean its weak - if we look at the balance then I'm very happy with it being a DLP defence

but its the same thing with the BWM's - it originally had two - but then I thought to myself - CM-A used to be **** good and they surely still are - but to many of the same can also be dangerous defensively - so its all about keeping the balance - but definitely try different things - its always good to have more opinions and eyes on this already very successful formation even when it was in the shape of Gamebreaker by the reckonist

Cheers mate and thanks for trying it out

True story, will try it out next week when I have time to play FM again. Am tired of the strikerless tactics, so will give it a go and maybe try out small variations as well.

Good to know mate, been quite a while since i've seen you posting on fm-base, so it's great to see a new post from you :)

Cheers