I'm taking a guess, but are you going to recreate the Catenaccio [sp?] tactic? If so, I would love to give it a shot. :D

I'd like that for sure, but what kind of libero are we talking about? Defending type like Franco Baresi or attacking a la Beckenbauer? Cause I'm all for the Kaiser Franz type...

Im going to test through 4 saves with 3 differnt tactics.

1 Save will be me controlling through a season, and the others will be holiday'd to see the difference in AI to user controll.

Tactic 1 will be the attacking (Beckenbaur kind as you mentioned) with a more expressive option setting.

Tactic 2 will use a more lateral moving, more defensive setting (Baresi)

Tactic 3 will be balenced between the two.

Hopefully will get a decent set of results to judge from :)

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------[/COLOR]

I'm taking a guess, but are you going to recreate the Catenaccio [sp?] tactic? If so, I would love to give it a shot. :D

Im thinking similar, but the CD wont be straight ahead of the Sweeper. To begin with anyway, I will see after tweeks :p

The current set I've had a try with is a bit like the old "Zona Mista" Tactic, execpt I had Maicon at right wing back as opposed to the left sided WB

Last edited:
Villareal is a very good team to play with a libero, they have 2 players capable of playing there, Gonzalo Rodriguez and the young Mateo Musacchio. i'm looking forward to see your tactics

I tried to make libero tactic with real madrid XD i ended up 4th on tabe XD
Ill ( not ill its i will XD ) try your tactic. Be sure in that mate :D

Looks like there is enough interest to give it a go.

I'll make a start tonight and update on progress in this thread in the future, will probably be slow due to the differnt attack/defensive libero options along with the different balances of the rest of the squad positions.

I'll keep you posted, cheers for the responces :)

Sounds interesting! You've intrigued me that's for sure :D

OP edited for anyone interested. I would appritiate feedback as I update. Cheers ladies :)

I tried a Libero when FM 11 first came out and even when I put ment. full attacking, with full RFD and RWB I couldn't get him to go to even a DM position more then once or twice a game. Hope you have been luck, looking forward to what you come up with as unusual formations are the only way FM doesn't become boring to me. What formation are you going to set it up with? I tried a 3-5-2, and then an 90's ajax style.

It may be good for me since my defense is bullshit and don´t cover a ****..

I'm trying to save a screenshot but it's not letting me?? :S

Got it working now*

So far, only a few "continues" in. Hoping this will be the general starting line up

Last edited:
I used it on fm 09 I retrained mathew Bodmer and it was great he just getting popping up un-marked keep on trying to have another crack it as counter attack formation

aw kool man

hopefully all goes well then cause this looks good

I just found an idea that might help the libero get forward while I was messing with my chile 3-3-1-3. When I'm against a 4-4-2 I man mark their ST with 2 of my DC's. Iv noticed that sometimes when I have the ball and their ST drop deep that my DC will follow them up the field quite a bit. Maybe for your attacking version you can try man marking your Libero on to their DMC or maybe even their ST so that he will be much higher up the field when his instructions kick in. Just a theory, don't have the team to test it with anymore.

I just found an idea that might help the libero get forward while I was messing with my chile 3-3-1-3. When I'm against a 4-4-2 I man mark their ST with 2 of my DC's. Iv noticed that sometimes when I have the ball and their ST drop deep that my DC will follow them up the field quite a bit. Maybe for your attacking version you can try man marking your Libero on to their DMC or maybe even their ST so that he will be much higher up the field when his instructions kick in. Just a theory, don't have the team to test it with anymore.

Cheers mate, I'll keep that in mind when I do the attacking libero version and see how it turns out, thanks for the input.

On another note, Etoo just smashed an amazing goal against Wigan in a friendly, dont know how to record and upload it though :S

Results so far in user controlled friendly matches. All team I expect to beat but still..

The 1 goal conceded was a 30 yarder by some unknown, good goal fair play, but defence didnt have too much to do about it. After that match I played around with the DC's closing down and its gotten better :)

Off to the pub now, might be back on later

Last edited: