So this thread, and especially your link in the OP got me thinking and experimenting last night, and what I came up with is a Libero formation where the emphasis is actually on the wingbacks with the Libero's main function playing them through balls and getting them running down the flanks, I set my wingers and strikers up by using some of Zero Sea's settings from his Ghost tactic.

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for giving me this idea, I haven't conceded in 8 matches and the flow of my game from defense to attack is much nicer using wingbacks than fullbacks, and I feel like the Libero gives me the security in the back to employ this strategy |)

Hope that was clear! If you want to give it a try, I'll attach the file to this post

So this thread, and especially your link in the OP got me thinking and experimenting last night, and what I came up with is a Libero formation where the emphasis is actually on the wingbacks with the Libero's main function playing them through balls and getting them running down the flanks, I set my wingers and strikers up by using some of Zero Sea's settings from his Ghost tactic.

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for giving me this idea, I haven't conceded in 8 matches and the flow of my game from defense to attack is much nicer using wingbacks than fullbacks, and I feel like the Libero gives me the security in the back to employ this strategy |)

Hope that was clear! If you want to give it a try, I'll attach the file to this post

Nice, glad your giving the sweeper roles a go!

Are you using the squad in your sig? Cant look at the file as im at work right now, cheers for the post :D

Yup, that's the squad I'm playing with at the moment, I'd post a screenshot but that'll have to wait since my mac is being a little ***** about getting FM to take a screen capture :s

Anyway, I already like what I see with your Inter formation there, stumbled across something similar yesterday evening working off your link but it didn't work for the kind of play I wanted to get out of the ME :)
I hope you keep up the tinkering and I'll be glad to assist you with testing along the way ;)

Yup, that's the squad I'm playing with at the moment, I'd post a screenshot but that'll have to wait since my mac is being a little ***** about getting FM to take a screen capture :s

Anyway, I already like what I see with your Inter formation there, stumbled across something similar yesterday evening working off your link but it didn't work for the kind of play I wanted to get out of the ME :)
I hope you keep up the tinkering and I'll be glad to assist you with testing along the way ;)

Cheers mate, it's good to know I've got a bit of interest! Got a bit bored of the 4 2 2 2 / 4 4 2 etc formations so I thought I'd see if I could get any success with a differnt formation.

Hopefully make a start into the 1st season tonight when I get home. Will add some screenshots of results and match reports etc as I go.

Very interesting there, I'll give it a try at some time, eventually :) Good luck with this!

I'm a big fan of Inter and I think Inter is not suit team with libero mate. And ITS TOO LATE if you want re-train Samuel into a sweeper, he's already die ;)

I'm a big fan of Inter and I think Inter is not suit team with libero mate. And ITS TOO LATE if you want re-train Samuel into a sweeper, he's already die ;)

oO) Samuel is accomplished as sweeper already....and they have Materazzi as sweeper too.... so no re-training needed...thats why I chose Inter as they have players capable from the start...

oO) Samuel is accomplished as sweeper already....and they have Materazzi as sweeper too.... so no re-training needed...thats why I chose Inter as they have players capable from the start...

Hope it's fully works to you because i'm never get a best result with libero in Inter. I'll keep my eyes with this thread ;)

What about having your normal back four but sit someone else in behind kind of:

GK
SW
RB CB CB LB

Then set him to Sweeper (support), roaming, creativity high, try through balls, Zonal etc?

What about having your normal back four but sit someone else in behind kind of:

GK
SW
RB CB CB LB

Then set him to Sweeper (support), roaming, creativity high, try through balls, Zonal etc?

Boriiiiiiiiiiing ;) :p

Boriiiiiiiiiiing ;) :p

Ha Ha! its not that boring because the sweeper plays more of a free role. Maybe push you wing backs on a bit to support the rest. Didn't the traditional Libero play behind or part of the normal back four hence making a back fiveessentially? Otherwise you're just simply playing a covering centre back rather than an actual sweeper? Plus if your libero is expected to sometimes start counter attacks so could be caught out if no other defender is covering him?

Ha Ha! its not that boring because the sweeper plays more of a free role. Maybe push you wing backs on a bit to support the rest. Didn't the traditional Libero play behind or part of the normal back four hence making a back fiveessentially? Otherwise you're just simply playing a covering centre back rather than an actual sweeper? Plus if your libero is expected to sometimes start counter attacks so could be caught out if no other defender is covering him?

Im going to test differnt variations, trying not to have too much of a straight formation as I want somthing a bit abnormal to see if it will work in FM.

So far the sweeper has played well with Lucio set to a stopper ahead of him. Maicon has had free roam back and forth on the right wing and the Left back generally stays back more as he has the AML infront as a passing option.

very tempted to have a go at this myself, looks interesting!

Hahaha, Inter XD .... Samuel or Materazzi for libero ?

I tried this yesterday, had a bit of trouble making my libero be the link between the defensive line and the deeplying playmaker when we had the ball if I used this formation though, but when i turned my fullbacks into wingbacks, suddenly the ball movement became much crisper without sacrificing a secure defence.

Well, that was my experience anyway, the only way I could really see this working is if you had a libero with PPM gets forward whenever possible, that might result in some crazy effects, but if in the end his average position is that of a defensive midfielder, then what's the point of not playing him in an anchorman role?

I tried this yesterday, had a bit of trouble making my libero be the link between the defensive line and the deeplying playmaker when we had the ball if I used this formation though, but when i turned my fullbacks into wingbacks, suddenly the ball movement became much crisper without sacrificing a secure defence.

Well, that was my experience anyway, the only way I could really see this working is if you had a libero with PPM gets forward whenever possible, that might result in some crazy effects, but if in the end his average position is that of a defensive midfielder, then what's the point of not playing him in an anchorman role?

Well currently I'm using a defensive sweeper, back at all times there to be the last point of contact before the keeper.

Later attempts will use more of a "Libero" but putting sweeper AND libero in the thread title would be a bit of a mouth full.

May release two variations in the end, depending on the success of each obviously ;)

Looks incredibly intresting. Will surely follow your progress. :)

hahaha Libero Libido it's awesome! we can confirm it's officially the name of the tacitc, right?

hahaha Libero Libido it's awesome! we can confirm it's officially the name of the tacitc, right?

Haha, theres a plan :p

Will hopefull get a few more matches done tonight (before I go to my mates and get hideously drunk and play Fifa very badly) and some more tomorrow afternoon during the hangover that tonight will surely produce!