Joes Kidderminster Story - Harriers Inbound

• Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date
  • Replies 168
  • Views 17K
Keep going mate, yh N'Diefi is a brilliant striker and scores 9/10 one on ones too (downside he's about 33 but got bags of expierience) plus i said Gareth Ainsworth because he's a brilliant captain and even though he's 37 he always gives 100% on the pitch so hes a quality signing for L2.

Also, i see you have the new england badge for players if there english. Is that apart of a logo pack you downloaded or is apart of a skin?

If you need anymore help, i'll be here following your story mate.

Last edited:
No surprise Ritchie is scoring that much, he is a Portsmouth player after all ;)

Thanks max, pearcey, i downloaded a db and it came in the package with it, cant remember which db it is though, just download the silky sideways logos

Nice little squad analysis you got there Joe. Good luck for the future of Kidderminster. ^^)

Of course, but you have the ability... to shine. Sorry... sounds weird. ;)

If i can get out of this league this season then i heard from other people it gets much easier as you get out of league 2

Thanks,

Plus im struggling with Crawley aswell, inconsistency has hit my team so badly its unbelievable.

Also signed Sefo Soley he plays centre back, defensive midfield and centre midfield and he's proving out to be a great signing as i play him at the back. League 2 is hard for me with Wycombe coming down from league 1 they seem to be dominating the smaller teams as i do and im in a higher posistion? WTF is that about haha.

Thanks again.

I found league 1 toughest followed by championship with my stalybridge game. sorry to burst your bubble joe! I think the players i had were too good for league 2 and below tho. keep it up though, im enjoying the read

If i can get out of this league this season then i heard from other people it gets much easier as you get out of league 2
Certainly does pal, players want to come to you a lot more then.

Thanks guys, i aim to attract more players, and some of my players are way too good for league 2, especially the ones i put in the squad analysis

Not being picky, but the font is massive, it looks untidy, maybe use size 2?

No, thats too small, How does a big font make it look untidy?

This is my current situation joe, I'm sitting 3rd in the league 2 which means im situated in the 3rd automatic promotion spot. I think a change of tactics may change the course of my promotion bid, even though my season expectations are to avoid the feared relegation (which wasn't going to happen).

Very well done Joe. Looking really good for auto promotion.

March Update

Macclesfield 2-5 Kidderminster ( Juanito, Murphy X4)
This was a very good performance from us, we were amazing in attack and i think the decision to use defensive wingers and a control strategy worked well against their quick players, this result shows we can attack, it also showed we are still irresponsible defensively, this must be fixed because if we go up next year we cannot afford to keep conceding, its beginning to annoy me aswell

Kidderminster 4-0 Wycombe ( McManaman, Mavinga, Murphy, Ritchie)
This was an excellent win, Wycombe are a very good team and we rocked them today, they could not deal with our counter attacking performance, this is proving that our attack is deadly, today the team also showed me that we are responsible at the back against good teams, We are not intimidated by their attack or better standard of players, we are amazing.

Cheltenham 0-1 Kidderminster (Davis)
An excellent win this turned out to be for us, away games are very hard to get the right approach for, i went with a contain for the first few minutes, then when i saw the other team overloaded us i changed to counter attack, it worked a treat with my new tactics and this is a step up from using other peoples tactics.

Kidderminster 3-1 Bradford (Sharpe, Murphy x2)
This was an excellent win for us, we controlled the flow of the game but spice in midfield allowed us to destroy their defence a few times, Tom Sharpe's solid header gave us an early lead, Rhys Murphy continued his hot streak slamming it home later on in the game, and again he headed past a helpless Donovan Ricketts. This rounded off a truly beautiful month for us, continuation of this form will no doubt seal the promotion

League Table
View attachment 55234

This month could have sealed our promotion, we won all our games and made the right approaches and philosophies to seal this win, we look comfortable at the top of the table and dont look like dropping it as anyone with a brain capacity can see, we must keep this up though

Good month there Joe, unbeaten and securing that top spot.

Yes im very impressed with that month, it shows im building a solid run

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

End of Season Update

Accrington 3-0 Kidderminster
A truly embarassing result for the team, we were awful from start to finish and we lacked any motivation in attempting to pull a goal back, if we would have attempted to equalise then we may have come back and maybe snatched a dramatic point, it would have helped us, Luton caught up.

Kidderminster 6-1 Chesterfield ( McManaman x2, Murphy, Mavinga, Ritchie)
An excellent win to bounce back from the woeful performance against Accrington Stanley, we showed great flair and a great amount of determination and work rate up front, no matter who youre playing determination will get you the required goals, we conceded late which im getting very annoyed with at the moment, we must tighten that back four next season

Torquay 2-4 Kidderminster ( Antoniol, Hajto, McManaman,Ritchie)
This was a great performance from us, i like getting away wins as it shows we can handle not having our home crowd behind us, Tomasz Hajto is such a beast at the back, he just knocks people down and gets away with it, hes the new Vinnie Jones, a Nutter, do not stop him, he will end you

Kidderminster 4-0 Bournemouth ( Antoniol, Ritchie, Juanito, Connolly)
This was a very important win for us, we played a very good counter attacking game here, it was an amazing performance and we showed we wanted it more than Bournemouth who were appaling, i want to thank Mark Connolly Because he is so loyal and never lets me down in defence, he will be the managers player of the year.

Burton Albion 1-6 Kidderminster ( McManaman x3, Antoniol x2, Murphy)
This for me is the result of the season, we are so determined to keep scoring which is why we are the best team in this division, I put on overload to begin the game and it worked a treat, we were 5 up within 25 minutes, my tactical decision was spot on this game, Cmh will give me a pat on the back.

Kidderminster 3-0 Hereford ( Ritchie x3)
Matt Ritchie, is a god, Period, he tore apart the defence of Hereford in the late first half, he just could not stop scoring, at one point he was walking through their defence, i went with a control approach this game, i was weary of their park the bus then sudden counter attack theory, very boring game to watch though.

Dagenham 2-2 Kidderminster ( Ritchie, Juanito)
An incredible end to the season, both of us put on a beautiful display as our positions could not be changed, i am so happy that we ended the season with such a great, free flowing attacking game, i went very fluid attacking for this one, didnt work but it was entertaining when we had the ball, a great season is over

Coming Next....... Harriers are taking off- A 2nd promotion
An Award Ceremony At Aggborough
Joe Hulbert- Tactical Analysis by Marcelo Lippi and Mark Hughes

SkySportsheader.png

Kidderminster do the impossible

Last Updated: May 30th

Back to Back Promotions

Kidderminster_Harriers_badge.png

Kidderminster- Another Promotion

During the 2010/2011 season, newly promoted Kidderminster Harriers shocked the world by winning the Coca Cola League 2 Championship after just coming up, it appears the Transfer Market expertees of Joe Hulbert were responsible for this, signings such as Matty Ritchie and Rhys Murphy not only attracted other top club youngsters to the team, but it allowed Joe to build a tactic around these kinds of players, the club started out this season with 4 draws and 2 losses, they turned the awful start around to win the league by flying colours, but what lead to this, Joe had no financial control, and he relied heavily on his staff to deal with training and tactical issues, this lead to major isolation from him to his players, but did this work for him? Did it make them get on with the game, One Giovanni Trapattoni said " Its all in his tactics, the man is a master of the mind games and knows how to solidify a defence, but its all in the attack for him, a good defence matters for nothing in this league, he spent the majority of his budget on strikers and attacking midfielders, he built his defence from the front.

Tactical Analysis- Lippi and hughes, Masters of Attack

Mark Hughes: Now me and Marcelo are renown for our attacking approaches to the game, we started this little talk show to prove that attacking football, is better than defensive football, Joe Hulbert, has based his approach to the beautiful game, on our TV Show, he has built a team capable of dismantling the most fragile, and strong defences of the lower leagues, But enough from me, Marcelo, please discuss the formation and the approaches to his game

Marcelo Lippi: Hello British people from around the world, Joe Hulbert is renown for his very attacking approach to the game, his Defensive forwards and Anchormen have led to his team being promoted, Sheer Strength has won them many games, He plays a 4-1-2-1-2, Like Ancelotti and Mancini have in the past, He thinks Wingers " Disrupt" the game and he doesnt like to use them, He plays a fluid style because he likes his team going forward and moving around, His approach to the game depends on how the opposition play, he starts his matches by containing the opposition, then after 5 minutes of intense studying he picks his approach to the game, His favourite ones will be discussed by Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes: Thank you Marcelo, Joe Has 3 favourite ones, Control, Attacking, and counter, here is how he uses them

Control: Based upon a steady patient and overall cautious game, this looks to draw the opposition out of their half and plays long passes over the upcoming defenders, Joe relies on the passing of people like Matt Ritchie and Johnathan Davis to make this system work to its best, The finishing and pace of his strikers are important

Attacking: He uses this in most of his games, his deadly front 3 pairing of Ritchie, Murphy and McManaman is enough to destroy the defences in this league, he has enough options to play this, he uses this whenever at home against a weaker opposition, he does this because he wants his fans to get their value for money and a sense of enjoyment at Aggborough.

Counter: He rarely uses this as his main strategy, but no matter what approach he uses, counter attack is a big part of his team, it works well against teams playing a running game, he uses his poweful midfielders and even strikers to win the ball up field and set up attacks, its very dangerous so most teams who play Kidderminster Harriers resort to the Long ball.

Marcelo Lippi: This is why we love football, Managers like Mr Hulbert are the reason fans love the game and spend their life watching football, he knows how to entertain, he is a master with the media and a genius in the transfer market, his financial control is questionable but hey, new owners are on the way, Good night people, Hope you enjoyed our show, Join us in a week for " Why is Tony Pulis such a boring ****"

Last edited by a moderator: