Josh McEachran

• Thread starter Thread starter BlueHeart
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 131
  • Views Views 12K
There is no one like Lampard, He is one of a kind!

Knowone is saying there is, Lampard is one of a kind and we wont get another like Lampard but we can replace him with someone who is different and that could be McEachran.

McEachran backed by Albrighton

Marc Albrighton has branded Under-21s team-mate Josh McEachran as 'the future of English football'.

The duo linked up for the first time in the Young Lions' defeat to Italy on Tuesday, losing out 1-0 after a Federico Macheda penalty.

Albrighton was massively impressed with Chelsea starlet McEachran, who made a solid impact on his first start for Stuart Pearce's side in Empoli.

And the Aston Villa winger has tipped the 17-year-old, who has already featured in the Blues' first-team, for a bright future on the international stage.

Albrighton told the Daily Express: "I have seen Josh play before and there is something about him.

"He was superb against Italy. It was about the 85th minute when he first gave the ball away. He is just amazing, a superb player.

"What catches the eye is he is just so composed on the ball. He is the future of English football, no doubt about it. He has a massive future ahead of him. Like everybody else, I was hugely impressed."

McEachran looks certain to make Pearce's squad for the European Championship finals in Denmark this summer, as they aim to go one better than the 2009 finals when they were runners-up to Germany.

And Albrighton, capped four times at U21 level, also has his sights set on a spot in the line-up.

"I am itching to get to Denmark," he added.

"Every player in the squad is desperate to get to the finals and get on the plane to Denmark. I am excited about it and want to be part of it, but it is up to the gaffer now.

"We are rated No.1 in Europe and we have a decent chance of winning the thing. We have a brilliant squad, a great group of players and in Italy there was a lot of quality in there."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12010_6743858,00.html

More praise for McEachran. Surely deserves some more starts for Chelsea.

Josh has just scored an equaliser for our youth team against Barnsley currently 1-1. Excellent little finish too.

He's good, but as has been probably mentioned, isn't the same class as Wilshere, its just a fact and considering their current positions in football, not many can disagree, Wilshere is getting lots of first team game's at Arsenal and has been capped by England Seniors, McEachran, as above, is still playing now and then for the youth team and making cameo's and still playing with England U21, got a long way to go yet but i can see him being good. Think Chelsea fan's are overhyping and need to have 2 feet on the ground so they dont get dissapointed.

Probably is really a star in his Chelsea, but in FM, I don't see any special in this guy (or in the future)..hundred players are better then him

IMHO he is just hyped up by Chelsea fans, if he was that good he would be getting starts for club and country like say Wilshire.

He's good, but as has been probably mentioned, isn't the same class as Wilshere, its just a fact and considering their current positions in football, not many can disagree, Wilshere is getting lots of first team game's at Arsenal and has been capped by England Seniors, McEachran, as above, is still playing now and then for the youth team and making cameo's and still playing with England U21, got a long way to go yet but i can see him being good. Think Chelsea fan's are overhyping and need to have 2 feet on the ground so they dont get dissapointed.

Don't think you can compare them both at the moment considering Wilshere is two years older than McEachran. Comparing what they have done at the same age, so McEachran now at 17 and when Wilshere was 17 would be better.

Both players have tremendous potential, don't think you can say who will be better at this point. Both are still very young. But England may have found themselves their own Xavi & Iniesta.

He is younger than Wilshere and Chelsea are keeping his feet on the ground hense why they have a media ban on him. The lad is 17 and playing for the U21s and you are saying as thats a bad thing?? Go see Stuart Pearce's interview the other day and even he said they are both close on ability and potential and he would have a better view than most as he has coached them both.

If you had seen him as much as Chelsea fans or he was playing for your side then you would be ranting and raving about him too.

IMHO he is just hyped up by Chelsea fans, if he was that good he would be getting starts for club and country like say Wilshire.

Well considering he is younger than Wilshere and Chelsea arguably have better centre midfielders than Arsenal?? Some players are better being thrown into the side and some players are better when they are introduced slowly. Not much is said and seen about him because Chelsea have a media ban on him so knowone can write much about him, but i know jounelists that are very excited about him.

---------- Post added at 03:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------

I wonder why it's just Chelsea fans.....

Like i said go see Stuart Pearce's interview on the skysports website. Chelsea fans get to see him more often obviously. pig headed comes to mind.

Got a friend who does Performance Analysis for Chelsea reserves, says he's technically as good as a Xavi. Best player he's ever worked with and that includes the likes of Deco, Zhirkov, Ballack etc...

If you had seen him as much as Chelsea fans or he was playing for your side then you would be ranting and raving about him too.

Most of it is in the reserves/youth, Chadwick was epic for Man Utd's reserves but look at him now. Darron Gibson puts in a good performance for the reserves as well. Until he proves it on a bigger stage consistently then people will start to rate him higher.

mate his 17 you cant expect a 17 yar old to start playing games for club and country regulary at that age no matter how good they are

Most of it is in the reserves/youth, Chadwick was epic for Man Utd's reserves but look at him now. Darron Gibson puts in a good performance for the reserves as well. Until he proves it on a bigger stage consistently then people will start to rate him higher.

When hes come into the first team he has looked excellent too.

Chelsea arguably have better centre midfielders than Arsenal??

Really? Fabregas, Nasri, Wilshere, Song, Ramsey?

Only one of your midfielders I would have instead of any of them would be Essien for Song.

Really? Fabregas, Nasri, Wilshere, Song, Ramsey?

Only one of your midfielders I would have instead of any of them would be Essien for Song.

I dont think Arsenal use Nasri as a general centre mid.

Lets not forget Ancelotti likes his tried and tested players, you saw it at Milan and we are seeing it now. That dosent go to say McEachran isent good enough it just mean Ancelotti likes who he likes.

mate his 17 you cant expect a 17 yar old to start playing games for club and country regulary at that age no matter how good they are

Ronaldo, Messi and Rooney could do it....

---------- Post added at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 AM ----------

Like i said go see Stuart Pearce's interview on the skysports website. Chelsea fans get to see him more often obviously. pig headed comes to mind.

Doesn't really matter who hyped him up really.... Adu was hyped up a lot and he's rotting somewhere in the MLS I think...

Back