JP Woody High Scoring.

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 466
  • Views Views 129K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

I'm new on this forum and I don't speak english very well so please be patient for me:)

I've downloaded your tactic JP and as you said just Plug&Play:) In preseason matches I've won all matches even with much better teams. But when regular season had started I lost everything in 8 matches I'm even without a draw.

What can I do wrong?

thx
I don't know. You haven't given me much to go on. I don't know your team or the league your playing in.

Been quality for me all season long. Media prediction 17th :)
2rze89j.png

Now I'm up for a new challenge, with the odds of 2000-1 in the Liga BBVA I'm gonna have a hard time this season.

This is just a awesome tactic.

Last edited:
just beat middlesborough 6-3 away as leeds :D this tactic is working wonders for me, however alot are conceded

I don't know. You haven't given me much to go on. I don't know your team or the league your playing in.

I play in Polish I Liga, prediction for my team was 5th place, my 2 CM have tackling 10 and 11 in this league it is good value. CB which attack far post has 13 heading, jumping 13 ang height 190 cm.

So far in 15 matches i won only 3 :(

LATEST UPDATE FROM MY LEEDS SAVE

Won CCC in first season, added David Wheater and John Fleck

Started prem not well, winning only 2 of my first seven, now after 2 touchline shouts and tweaks im storming it up to 6th and only 9 points of the leaders...........

On tactics screen ive altered it to Creative Freedom Expressive and more roaming and I always have Touchline shouts; Retain possession and pass to feet.

Won 6 of my last 8 and drawn the other 2, including beating Arsenal 3-2 at home, Spurs 3-1, Stoke 1-0 & Blackburn 2-0, all away from home

Last 10 minutes if winning i go to contain and play even safer as well as making 3 subs to waste time.......

Snodgrass has turned into a star in AML winger support

Be interesting if this works for others too???

LATEST UPDATE FROM MY LEEDS SAVE

Won CCC in first season, added David Wheater and John Fleck

Started prem not well, winning only 2 of my first seven, now after 2 touchline shouts and tweaks im storming it up to 6th and only 9 points of the leaders...........

On tactics screen ive altered it to Creative Freedom Expressive and more roaming and I always have Touchline shouts; Retain possession and pass to feet.

Won 6 of my last 8 and drawn the other 2, including beating Arsenal 3-2 at home, Spurs 3-1, Stoke 1-0 & Blackburn 2-0, all away from home

Last 10 minutes if winning i go to contain and play even safer as well as making 3 subs to waste time.......

Snodgrass has turned into a star in AML winger support

Be interesting if this works for others too???
im in my 2nd season with leeds, top of the championship, unbeaten, and just raped arsenal 3-1 in the league cup. and yes...snodgrass is a BEAST

im gonna try what u did with the creative freedom thing :)

Here is my third season using this tactic:

I have never canged any settings, or used any shouts, this has just been plug and play enjoyment ;)

Thanks JP, I only hope this will work as well for patch 11.3 when it comes out in a few months.

Steve

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

First time I've ever had a perfect '10' in FM11:

Steve

Been trying to get 442 to work since 08 tbh but haven’t been able to get one to click as such. In the last few versions been using a 451/433 formation and to good effect but IMO there is nothing better than having two forwards supported by two wingers and I think I can finally say I have found a tactic which does that job. This is really effective JP and has done wonders with my Wolves side. Thank you.

One thing I want to chuck into the mix though is a very simple edit I have made in games where I think I am going to lose/more vulnerable to attacks. I sacrifice my poacher to put a anchor man in front of the back four and it works, without losing your attacking threat - just thought I would offer that suggestion and see if people want to try that. I often also change passing to more direct, and then change Advanced Forward to a Target man and bring on someone Andy Carroll-esque now and again, if I feel the need to attack with a little more urgency. That combined with the two wingers and a poacher is at times more effective if JP and everyone else would like to try that.

Also, I LOVE reading the people who having only played 5-10 games decide that it’s no good. On my game after 9 games I had won only one, drawn one and lost the other seven. I was even under pressure in the media and that’s being manager of Wolves, a relegation candidate. Anyhow, I stuck with it through a mixture of the credit on this thread it was receiving, and in general the positive vibes I was getting from it. I then went on an 11 match unbeaten run, winning every one of those games bar two and sitting very pretty in 7th - amazing what a bit of patience can do.

One of the best things I have learned and something I think everyone else should take on board from this tactic is the simplicity of it, and in future I am definatly going to bare in mind how much default team settings do infact work better than hours of trial and error with tweaks.

Oh and JP, the lazy people who want to offer a knee-jerk reaction after a few games just ignore them, seriously don’t let it get to you mate, chill out - **** em.

Last edited:
Thanks for your patience. Im glad your enjoying the tactic and reaping the rewards.

Outstanding result.
View attachment 123267

On a more serious note, this tactic is even more fantastic as it's given Heskey a goal.. :O

Last edited:
Used this against Aston Villa. I won 4-0, with 22 shots to Villa's 8. Would of been more, but Dzeko hit the bar about 9 times. Good tactic, thank you!

EDIT: My game crashed and i forgot to save ... replayed this game and won 4-2. :)

Last edited:
Here is how my first season at AFC Wimbledon finished.Managed to finish a creditable 3rd but got beat in the play off final unfortunately. Not bad considering we had a media prediction of 11th and we were rock bottom after 10 games. Also managed to win the FA Trophy.

With ur tactic i manged luton town and so far i won easliy won the bsp and half way though winning league 2 and i'm still undefeated at home :D what a great tactic!!!

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

By the ways guys what i would suggest if ur in lower leagues using this tactic make sure you put wingers and midfielders player instructions / Longs shots to "Rarely" because it encourges build up play and i've scored tons more goals using this =]

OK, so ive tweaked the settings of the defenders in an attempt to make it more solid at the back. Not entirely convinced that it solved my problem of letting in a bunch of goals yet, but atleast ive started off well with 3 wins (home to Fulham Chelsea (120 min) and Sunderland) giving away 3 CCC's to opposition in total. Their attack is somewhat reduced to long shots which is what i guess you're supposed to achieve.

Attack seems uneffected by the more defensive approach altho i guess u loose a bit cause of the full backs not going forward as much.

Here are my settings atm. Feel free to try them out and post your results, so that we can sooner find out if this works or if im just getting lucky.

I hope JP dont mind aswell. Great tactic otherwise. :P

Also I think I put the defensive midfielder to zonal marking. Not sure if he was before.

EDIT: It might be more effective with an offside trap aswell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back