JP Woody High Scoring.

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 466
  • Views Views 129K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm giving it a try with Dover (BSS) atm. I'm trying to get them to EPL, I'm first after 32 matches in the first season, I'll report on my progress

I'm someway into the season with Bradford in npower league 2 and I'm currently lying in 1st place (tied with Oxford but leading by GD).
I've only had 2 losses and 2 draws so far out of 15 games.
I've also noticed that this tactic isnt very consistant in away games ie I usually win by 3+ goals in Home games while I win by usually 1+ goals in Away games.
Nevertheless, this tactic wins games and gets the job done :) You can't ask for more than that.
I'm not sure if this only works for me but as you all may know, the opposition usually starts fighting back in the 2nd half, esp when they're a couple goals down. With this I usually find myself conceding goals. I've been conceding 1 goals per game during the start of the season and drew 3-3 when I was 3 up by half time. So my solution was, when I checked the Match Stats and saw if the opposition were starting to gain more possession, I change the Philosophy to "Control".
Although doing that didn't give me much chances at goal, it does seem to help my team stop conceding goals. Happy to say that the last 5 matches were clean sheets :)
Great tactic as usual JP Woody :)

Will try and upload some screenshots later

do you swap players when they get tired? putting up some fresh defensive players normally helps.
i always make sure i did 2 swaps around the 60th minute, and i use my last when i get an injury or near the 80th minute

Think I'll have a look at this and take some inspiration to increase my goalscoring. I've playing the same formation (it's been a favourite for years) but I'm struggling to score atm, tightest defence in the league though funnily enough.

I'll be finishing my 2nd season with Villa at some point tonight, so I'll give you a update either tonight or tomorrow.

0verslept

You are 20 points ahead at the top and you have kept many a clean sheet there!!!

Steve

0verslept

You are 20 points ahead at the top and you have kept many a clean sheet there!!!

Steve

hey your right! lol
I must have misread it, but then again I've been playing FM11 non-stop over the last 2 days, so my eyes are abit sore.
Anyways, those results I showed you were from the better half of the season.
During the starting of the season, I was conceded 1 goal per game. Mainly due to my GK, who sat back instead of rushing out to pick up loose balls.
Thankfully, I'm getting him replaced in the coming Transfer window. Hopefully that will stop some of the goal-leaking.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

What patch is most effective for this tactic 11.1 or 11.2?

I play it on 11.2 & its working well :)

Last edited:
Final Update.
Won the npower league 2 easily, despite not signing/loaning any new players & losing 2 of my 1st choice strikers for half the season, forcing me to turn to the reserves and youth.
I am at top leading by a comfortable 30+ points
Scored 111 goals (not one from a penalty mind u (H) )
and conceded only 37 goals (lowest in the league)

I give this tactic a 10/10 :wub:

View attachment 124218

View attachment 124219

Hi Woddy !
I play with Boston Utd Blue Square Bet North and im 1st after 10 games with 22 points , here s a few schreenshots .....

e1ahko.jpg
5ot9np.jpg
rm4f2g.jpg
2vtdrty.jpg
htfkpl.jpg
i5xb1e.jpg

really good tactic for boro i think, ive just played one match but i totally crushed motherwell with 5-1, all the experts thought draw before the match. It was closer 8-1 than 5-2 lol, my strikers missed a lot of chances.

Hello everyone

its normal that every player has default instructions? (to "explain" it, there are any instruction "clicked", all are "grey")

sorry, how to play away from home... please help I lost 4:1 .... :'(

sorry, how to play away from home... please help I lost 4:1 .... :'(

This tactic works both away and at home. Is this your first game (or one of the first)? If so, use it for some more games, your team needs blending in. If it isn't one of your first games you should think about if they had a much stronger team. This tactic works very well, but it can't do wonders. (like winning from Man Utd with a 2nd or 3rd division team).

/facepalm. :S

Indeed.

In my Dover save I'm currently #2 after 20 games in the Blue Square Premier (I got promoted last season). I guess I was wrong in my last post, this tactic does do miracles :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back