JP Woody High Scoring.

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 466
  • Views Views 129K
Status
Not open for further replies.
can you just say on what version of the game this tactic is tried out?

Hey JP. my players are taking alot of long shots with your tactic, and 98% of the time they fail hard. I'd like to make them rather pass than to shoot, would Reducing the long shot indicator to '' rarely '' help?

Use the 'work ball into box' shout, works wonders for me when players do that

hope it helps u

can you just say on what version of the game this tactic is tried out?
Ive already said on this thread the latest patch.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Very Impressive jp

Are you using the 2 central mids on def for this one?
No back to the original settings.

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

Hey JP. my players are taking alot of long shots with your tactic, and 98% of the time they fail hard. I'd like to make them rather pass than to shoot, would Reducing the long shot indicator to '' rarely '' help?
I dont know, im happy with it as it is. Try shouts as mentioned above.

sorry for spamm, i just want to know

the newest patch?

is it 11.2 or 11.2 hotfix?

sorry for spamm, i just want to know

the newest patch?

is it 11.2 or 11.2 hotfix?
It doesnt really matter because the hotfix was a minor change and had no effect on the match engine at all.

Ive already said time and time again. 11.2.1

im aston villa, and seem to concede alot and not doing that well, in the first season im up to January and sitting 8th in the league, not bad i suppose, but no miracle,

I signed Vidal to play the ball winning role, Rafael to play at right back, i got muntari on loan from inter to play in midfield with Vidal or i sometimes play ireland,

where am i going wrong? i also signed Cardozo to play upfront with Gabby

any suggestions?

im aston villa, and seem to concede alot and not doing that well, in the first season im up to January and sitting 8th in the league, not bad i suppose, but no miracle,

I signed Vidal to play the ball winning role, Rafael to play at right back, i got muntari on loan from inter to play in midfield with Vidal or i sometimes play ireland,

any suggestions?

Maybe with so many new signings, just try and keep the team as much as you can regular, let them gel, its does take an awful long time sometimes for this to work, i have a back 2 two of Vidic & Shawcross, only now 7 months after i signed him is the partnership paying off

Are you losing goals early or late? are you taking a lead and not defending it?

any suggestions?
You cant just buy a handful of foreign players and expect them to gel and blend in immediately. A bedding in period is needed. Ive already discussed earlier in this thread how incoming and outgoings have caused my results to dip. Patience is the key. THIS IS NOT A MIRICAL TACTIC!

Team-talks may also be an issue. Try getting an assistant Manager with high motivation stats, on the team-talk screen click ask assistant to see what he would say then copy it yourself so your still giving the team-talk or just leave him give the team-talks.

You cant just buy a handful of foreign players and expect them to gel and blend in immediately. A bedding in period is needed. Ive already discussed earlier in this thread how incoming and outgoings have caused my results to dip. Patience is the key. THIS IS NOT A MIRICAL TACTIC!

Team-talks may also be an issue. Try getting an assistant Manager with high motivation stats, on the team-talk screen click ask assistant to see what he would say then copy it yourself so your still giving the team-talk or just leave him give the team-talks.

ive got Danny Blind from Ajax as my assistant, i got rid of Mccallister, i always get my assistant to give the team talks, which are normally 'for the fans' against teams i should beat etc

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Maybe with so many new signings, just try and keep the team as much as you can regular, let them gel, its does take an awful long time sometimes for this to work, i have a back 2 two of Vidic & Shawcross, only now 7 months after i signed him is the partnership paying off

Are you losing goals early or late? are you taking a lead and not defending it?

I tend to go behind in games, i am playing well and getting alot of chances, but i only start playing once behind, then the other teams come back at me, ive only signed 2 players, and 2 on loan, Villa need better players, so i had to sign them

ive got Danny Blind from Ajax as my assistant, i got rid of Mccallister, i always get my assistant to give the team talks, which are normally 'for the fans' against teams i should beat etc

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

I tend to go behind in games, i am playing well and getting alot of chances, but i only start playing once behind, then the other teams come back at me, ive only signed 2 players, and 2 on loan, Villa need better players, so i had to sign them

Tick the counter attack box and put passing on default with a quicker tempo on the tactics screen, this has worked for me before, or try retain possession shout for first 15 minutes of game, watch carefully too the actual match to see where your being outplayed and change accordingly.
There are so many thing to try, pitch size also comes into it. nThis isnt a plug and play tactic, you still have to have a tactical knowledge to spot whats going on.

You only come back into the game afetr you go a goal down because the AI takes its foot of the gas so to speak.

Tick the counter attack box and put passing on default with a quicker tempo on the tactics screen, this has worked for me before, or try retain possession shout for first 15 minutes of game, watch carefully too the actual match to see where your being outplayed and change accordingly.
There are so many thing to try, pitch size also comes into it. nThis isnt a plug and play tactic, you still have to have a tactical knowledge to spot whats going on.

You only come back into the game afetr you go a goal down because the AI takes its foot of the gas so to speak.

this isnt a plug and play tactic? it is suppose to be!!!

ive actually had a turn around and now playing well, and i finished 4th, but i changed the passing style and a couple of tweaks, which seems to have worked.

JP

Have you made any tweaks to the tactic at all?

I love the plug and play style, without having to get in-depth with stuff, but I have a new game going with Lyon in France, and noticing that i'm not scoring as much as when I was at Leverkusen, even though have similar/better players at Lyon.

Steve

JP

Have you made any tweaks to the tactic at all?

I love the plug and play style, without having to get in-depth with stuff, but I have a new game going with Lyon in France, and noticing that i'm not scoring as much as when I was at Leverkusen, even though have similar/better players at Lyon.

Steve
Nope no tweaks. Might just need some time to gel.

This is the League Table:

As you can see, i'm doing well, but could do with more goals.

Here is my usual first team squad:

Steve

Steve
Your winding me up right? Your top of the league and the top scorers in the division.

I'm expecting to be. But the games I have won, seem..... well fluky. Alot of 2-1's and just feel that I should of scored more goals.

I noticed that the main scorer with this formation is the poacher, and right now Gomis has played 23(1) league games and only scored 11 goals.

Steve

JP Woody, take a bow son, take a bow - this tactic has just given me my best ever season in FM11, and probably every FM ever!

First season as Spurs - I signed Shawcross, Heinze, Zaccardo, Vidal, Cacela & Tardelli (used your helpful player stats guide on tactic download screen - thanks) and as you'll see below.... I won the quadruple!!!

The tactic is uncomplicated, simple and beautiful to watch at times.... you score so much goals!

Results such as 6-2 against chelsea (away), 5-0 against real madrid (away) just make this so good.

Think it's important that with the tactic you micro manage and talk to your players and get the teamtalks right which I make sure I do.

Screenshots for everyone:

JP Woody, take a bow son, take a bow - this tactic has just given me my best ever season in FM11, and probably every FM ever!

First season as Spurs - I signed Shawcross, Heinze, Zaccardo, Vidal, Cacela & Tardelli (used your helpful player stats guide on tactic download screen - thanks) and as you'll see below.... I won the quadruple!!!

The tactic is uncomplicated, simple and beautiful to watch at times.... you score so much goals!

Results such as 6-2 against chelsea (away), 5-0 against real madrid (away) just make this so good.

Think it's important that with the tactic you micro manage and talk to your players and get the teamtalks right which I make sure I do.

Screenshots for everyone:

Pleased its worked so well for you. Good to see you follow my buyers guide and glad its paid off for you. well done, some cracking achievements and scores there.

Steve
Need more goals?? O.O I'd be more than happy to be top and with 59 goals. good job in my opinion. Considering your strikers are not the worlds greatest superstars or anything.

Like the tactic JP, nice work once again.

Pleased its worked so well for you. Good to see you follow my buyers guide and glad its paid off for you. well done, some cracking achievements and scores there.

JP

Where is your buyers guide???

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back