Status
Not open for further replies.
JP great tactic :) won everything 2 seasons then won all competitions up to jan in 3rd season (Charity sheild and club world championship)... Only thing is that now I think the match engine has countered the tactics and very hard to break teams down this has been getting progressively harder, I know I wont win ever match but is there any tweaks you would recommend?
The match engine isn't capable of conscious thought. It doesn't just decide your having too much success and suddenly becomes harder to beat, its a myth. I know for a fact this tactic works long term. More likely your problem is new signings or players sold upsetting the harmony of your team causing overall morale of the squad to drop.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Is this the bit under the tactic that tells you the attributes you need for the players, or is it a separate download?
Attribute guide on the download page.

I've downloaded the tactic but all of the Team instructions in the tactic are set to default...This can't be right?

Why cant it?

Don't get so butthurt. I just read through the thread and realised that it is supposed to be like this. I should have done that first probably but whatever. I will try it out now. Cheers.

JP, out of curiosity, do you let your *** man do team talks or do you do your own? I'm curious to know if i could do better with team talks if i use wolfsong's or my *** man. I do have a great *** man with motivation of 19 though.

JP, out of curiosity, do you let your *** man do team talks or do you do your own? I'm curious to know if i could do better with team talks if i use wolfsong's or my *** man. I do have a great *** man with motivation of 19 though.
I tend to just use the *** manager now unless he says "i expect a win" or "pleased" then i change them as those team-talks usually end up in a collapse.

The match engine isn't capable of conscious thought. It doesn't just decide your having too much success and suddenly becomes harder to beat, its a myth. I know for a fact this tactic works long term. More likely your problem is new signings or players sold upsetting the harmony of your team causing overall morale of the squad to drop.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Attribute guide on the download page.

on your first point i disagree i was also using your tactic (which is great) and i was having some great results drawing against the big teams and steam rollering the rest then all of a sudden went from 1 defeat in the league by the end of jan (top of the league by 1 point) to 10 defeats in the league and finishing 5th at the end of the season losing to most of the bottom clubs, i had no new signings and changed nothing as i was playing so well then like i said it was like id just hit (a computer made) brick wall...... needless to say i wasnt happy.

on your first point i disagree i was also using your tactic (which is great) and i was having some great results drawing against the big teams and steam rollering the rest then all of a sudden went from 1 defeat in the league by the end of jan (top of the league by 1 point) to 10 defeats in the league and finishing 5th at the end of the season losing to most of the bottom clubs, i had no new signings and changed nothing as i was playing so well then like i said it was like id just hit (a computer made) brick wall...... needless to say i wasnt happy.
I used it for 8 seasons with AFC Wimbledon with great success before getting bored and starting something new. Sure i had a few dips in form but always picked up again. I just don't see how a match engine has the capacity to think to itself enough is enough were going to stop them winning all the time now. Its never happened to me.

I used it for 8 seasons with AFC Wimbledon with great success before getting bored and starting something new. Sure i had a few dips in form but always picked up again. I just don't see how a match engine has the capacity to think to itself enough is enough were going to stop them winning all the time now. Its never happened to me.

maybe it can counter your match tactics, just like in real life managers watch teams and figure out how to stop the opponents playing and thats what it felt like in the game at first the teams i played couldnt cope with my team then after a certain amount of time it was like id been figured out. Ive not been using your tactic this season for the simple fact i wanted to have a go at making my own but im hoping that if i hit a bad patch like last time i can go back to your tactic and take the opponents by suprise so to speak

can someone plz tell me what u play your players as?? eg ball winning mid, centre mid, advanced playmaker and so on. same with defenders and attacks????

can someone plz tell me what u play your players as?? eg ball winning mid, centre mid, advanced playmaker and so on. same with defenders and attacks????

just download and check for yourself.

JP

What do you normally say at half time when you are winning but your *** man wants to go with 'Pleased'??? Was thinking about manually changing it to dont let performance drop?

Steve

JP

What do you normally say at half time when you are winning but your *** man wants to go with 'Pleased'??? Was thinking about manually changing it to dont let performance drop?

Steve
If winning Encourage or Don't let your performance drop.

If drawing You can win today or For the fans.

I said it before and I will say it again... Excellent tactic!

Here is my results from my first season with Lille:

I really really hope this works with patch 11.3 when it comes out!

Steve

I really really hope this works with patch 11.3 when it comes out!

I hope it still works too. I am already working on a completely new tactic though which will hopefully be my 11.3 release. What ill do is create it and test it now on the 11.2 patch then re test and tweak on the 11.3 patch when released using the same team. I don't think changes to the ME will be too drastic, possibly harder to score from corners which is no bad thing.

Here is how the new tactic is doing so far though:

I hope it still works too. I am already working on a completely new tactic though which will hopefully be my 11.3 release. What ill do is create it and test it now on the 11.2 patch then re test and tweak on the 11.3 patch when released using the same team. I don't think changes to the ME will be too drastic, possibly harder to score from corners which is no bad thing.

Hi JP, looks impressive so far, have lurked around for a while but not registered until today.

Would you be willing to either run a small test with Leeds, or share the roles / settings for the 4-2-3-1. I've tried (and failed) to get a 4-2-3-1 working so far this year, some of it's down to the fact that the Leeds squad is poor, but i've struggled with finding a decent balance between attack & defence, something you've clearly mastered with this tactic.

Thanks.

Well done mate - looking good already! Looks like you've got the striker sorted.

When does the 3rd patch normally come out... isn't in Valentines Day?

Are you planning to release the tactic as it is now, or are you just waiting till you know it works on 11.3?

Still using your tactic from this thread... brilliant!

Okay so i'm Cardiff City and I have been using this tactics for my 3rd season in the championship and I suppose you could say it is going really well so far; 8 Wins 4 Draws 4 Losses including three 4-1 wins and a few 3-0 wins.

Although I must say that I find this tactic seriously inconsistent, or at least I have noticed that whilst I am cruising to 3-0 victories at home, I am then losing/drawing in away games. I mean, just recently I was on a four game unbeaten streak where I drew 2 away and had 2 wins at home and then lost 4-0 away?!

So does anyone have any tips so that I can avoid losing away from home?

Status
Not open for further replies.