Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had the same success everyone else is having unfortunately, and have given it a fair go - from a brand new game as Newcastle.

I signed Ustari and that's all... no money to spend!

15 games in and I'm 17th - getting wolloped every week and conceding loads, which I'm not normally bothered about if I'm scoring, but that's the problem - I'm not!

Is the tactic supposed to have no individual instructions on all of the players at all - just looks like a default tactic?

I really want this to work, have been a big fan of your work - especially your 3-1-2-1-3 for FM10 - but sadly not having any success with this at all :-(
Not really sure what to tell you, ive had success with it, only time my results dipped was when i bought 7 new players and sold a few. The team lost its harmony and my form dipped big time, but it picked up again once team gelled. The players do have individual settings, they are set up by the wizard. Either persevere or maybe its not for you.

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Well I think I may have found a contributor to this tactics success; morale. [State the obvious]

You see, I put it in for my Celtic team against Dundee United. Played a relatively strong squad but noticed the morale was down. We lost 2-0.

However, I used the same tactic for my Cameroon team and everone's morale was "Superb". Beat Senegal 4-0.

So I gave Celtic a Friendly to boost morale [bad time since most of my players were out on International Duty] but we came back and beat St. Johnstone and Queen of the South 2-1 and 5-0, respectively.

mikedodgson, I'd suggest fitting in a friendly against a weak team [I chose Dhaka from Bangladesh, but it's up to you.] to get the morale up then continuing with the tactic.
This is true, morale does play a huge part. Once u start losing its hard to get a result sometimes.

These are the results with my newly promoted, favourites for relegation Newcastle team. Quite Impressive considering at best, it's an average squad.

Can someone tell me, high scorring header is right dc? Attack far post is his role in att corners?

Is this working on 11.1.1 ??

Read the thread. JP has already stated this is for 11.2, however if you try it for 11.1.1 it may still work. You won't know until you try will you?

Before anyone else asks any questions read the thread and make sure the questions has not already been answered!

Just to confirm this tactic is supposed to be on standard right, not attacking or otherwise?

Just to confirm this tactic is supposed to be on standard right, not attacking or otherwise?

Yes! He isn't going to release it set to 'Standard' if it's suppose to be 'Attacking' is he?

This is one of the best tactics I've ever tried in FM 11!
I'm managing Leicester, and I was 13th on my first season in the Championship.
But around November I decided to try your tactic, and finished 1st!
Happy to be promoted, I decided to try it for another season,
and on my second season I finished 11th in the Premier League,
awesome for a just-promoted team!

Here are some screenies of my players and results!
Some absurdly great results, but I obviously lost against those "big" teams.
Marco Ruben was my top goalscorer, and I also uploaded a screenshot of my squad, so you know that I didn't have the best players in the world, actually, they were pretty average.

3 words:

*******, AMAZING, TACTIC

P.S. I never normally swear!

Steve

Oh, still using the old Corner Bug, where you can hit a tall guy on far post and he will score 20-25 goals per season. Do you often see this in reality? No, and I hope they Patch this error away.

The question is: how well does the tactic do when you remove all these stupid corner goals. To my experience: Not that great!

Oh, still using the old Corner Bug, where you can hit a tall guy on far post and he will score 20-25 goals per season. Do you often see this in reality? No, and I hope they Patch this error away.

The question is: how well does the tactic do when you remove all these stupid corner goals. To my experience: Not that great!

Try actually using it, and changing the corner tactics if you really want, and you will see that corners is not the main goal scoring area for this tactic, but its better to have it in for the people that want it, and those that don't can easily remove or change it, either way, it doesn't derive from it being a good tactic.

I really don't get this thing with the "corner bug",if someone make a good corner setup-it's called cheating :S.Is it forbidden to score goals from corners or what...anyway I like default tactics so I started with similar tactic on my Motherwell save but I decided to use this right now,I will post my results later :)

Do you see team try to hit the big man at the far post in real life? Yes yo do. Like i said in the OP if you dont like it dont use it.

It's not really a bug though, it's pretty simple. A tall guy with a great header WILL score if you put a corner on his head.

In 2010 though, the defenders would NEVER mark the free lurking outside, giving him a clear shot EVERY time.

First season using this tactic with Bilbao.. Finished at 3rd position .. (H)
i'm using OI to retain possesion.. ^^)

Last edited:
This is one of the best tactics I've ever tried in FM 11!
I'm managing Leicester, and I was 13th on my first season in the Championship.
But around November I decided to try your tactic, and finished 1st!
Happy to be promoted, I decided to try it for another season,
and on my second season I finished 11th in the Premier League,
awesome for a just-promoted team!

Here are some screenies of my players and results!
Some absurdly great results, but I obviously lost against those "big" teams.
Marco Ruben was my top goalscorer, and I also uploaded a screenshot of my squad, so you know that I didn't have the best players in the world, actually, they were pretty average.
I had a similar bad run in the prem with Boro. Id had alot of comings and goings in the close season though so i was patient and sure enough the results turned and i started winning again. Keep it up.

I'll test it out with Las Palmas (B division in Spain) will tell ya how it goes ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.