Would not work with my Napoli team. Hamsik and VDV are my key players in the middle of the park and need them in AMC.

I'll still try it with some other team tho?
Ill do a bit more testing with it and then send you it when im happy with it. Cheers.

That looks like one very odd formation there JP, but I'd be more than happy to try it :)

Odd? I think it looks nice personally. :)

Lol, not odd. Just when you see three at the back, two at the wing. You should be playing great and hear the kop sing.....

But seriously, I wouldn't say it's any more odd than V3. Looks good mate, can't wait for it. (H)

When I say odd I mean I have never seen 3 at the back with wingers that far forward. If I am not playing full backs/wing backs I would never consider putting wide players that high up the pitch.

When I say odd I mean I have never seen 3 at the back with wingers that far forward. If I am not playing full backs/wing backs I would never consider putting wide players that high up the pitch.
Sometimes you have to think outside the box,especially when thinking inside the box isnt working. ;)

Sometimes you have to think outside the box,especially when thinking inside the box isnt working. ;)
But in fairness a tactic with no full backs and high up wingers in real life would get mullered. Which is why I say that. But this is FM we're talking about so I'll break out the old 2-3-5 formation and have a bash with that :)

But in fairness a tactic with no full backs and high up wingers in real life would get mullered. Which is why I say that. But this is FM we're talking about so I'll break out the old 2-3-5 formation and have a bash with that :)

Not necessarily. I have the 2 outide CBs set to stopper so they close down wingers.

Not necessarily. I have the 2 outide CBs set to stopper so they close down wingers.
It will still stretch the middle of the defence wide open for midfielders to burst through. I'm not criticising the tactic (If I am then it's not intentional, your tactics are some of the best available) but surely the middle centre back would get stretched to no end. All needs done to counter a tactic such as that is to defend deep and very narrow and play counter attacking football.

Wait... Does the DM drop into defence when one of the CB's covers to close down a winger?? In which case there shouldn't be a problem :)

It will still stretch the middle of the defence wide open for midfielders to burst through. I'm not criticising the tactic (If I am then it's not intentional, your tactics are some of the best available) but surely the middle centre back would get stretched to no end. All needs done to counter a tactic such as that is to defend deep and very narrow and play counter attacking football.

Wait... Does the DM drop into defence when one of the CB's covers to close down a winger?? In which case there shouldn't be a problem :)
Ive just won the Italian League with Fiorentina with the same back 3 system. I conceded 15 goals in 38 games. Won 35 Drew 3 Lost 0. I think that proves it works.

Ive just won the Italian League with Fiorentina with the same back 3 system. I conceded 15 goals in 38 games. Won 35 Drew 3 Lost 0. I think that proves it works.
In which case... I would love to try it :D

This doesnt work for me i used with leeds and Benfica and all i get is this form

L-D-L-D-D-W-W-D-L-L

And it carrys on

ok i wont post them but u say it works for you it never worked for me thanks anyways

ok i wont post them but u say it works for you it never worked for me thanks anyways

No tactic will work 100%, you'll never get a tactic which will win you every single game. JP's tactics are one of the best if not the best on FM-Base and if not maybe the FM community, he puts in hard work which he really does not have to do to make the tactics and then upload them on here for us to use.

If they don't work just shut up and try MAKE YOUR OWN!

Hes allowed to try them and post if they worked or not isnt that why the threads here

no need to say shut up if they dont work they dont work, since when was jp ur bf ?

there his tactics not urs why u telling people to shut up