Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, tweaks in post #247 are very good indeed.
I've destroyed everyone during the preparation with my FC Nantes side, promoted in French L1.
Even big german teams.
And what a quality of play. The midfielders are amazing since the MDC is no longer the playmaker.

I have changed the download of the main tactic to incorporate the tweaks in post 247 from kingz98, big thanks to him. Also tweaks ive made to set pieces attacking and defensively.

I have changed the download of the main tactic to incorporate the tweaks in post 247 from kingz98, big thanks to him. Also tweaks ive made to set pieces attacking and defensively.

so your original tactic + tweaks from post 247????

Hi JP, the tactic you uploaded is doing really well, only conceded once at corners so far. Just a quick question, who should be taking corners?

what about this tweaks?
1) All ball-playing-defenders through balls to sometimes
2) Both wingers crossing to sometimes
3) poacher through balls to sometimes
4) poacher and CM-Attack tackling to normal (avoids cards and most importantly injuries).

from drhay53

what about this tweaks?
4) poacher and CM-Attack tackling to normal (avoids cards and most importantly injuries).

from drhay53

You have to do what you prefer mate, those tweaks will see you retain the ball more, but I just tried out JP's updated tactic and I had a possesion percentage of 60% at home against Swansea. Will see how it handles away.

what about this tweaks?

from drhay53

No, just #247 i think

what about this tweaks?

from drhay53

IMO the winger and BPD tweaks I've made are mainly suitable if your target man is not a great aerial target.

I think the poacher through balls is the most crucial tweak for the way I like the team to play. It really increases the target man's goals for my team. But it all depends on the type of target man you have. My target man is more of a complete forward and so he benefits from having the poacher play him in, more than having the wingers bomb in crosses.

edit: I also really like the playmaker unticked, but similar to my other tweaks, the GK long kick is rather unsuccessful for me.

Last edited:
JP, the update in "post 258" you leave the match prep. the same as in the opening post??

Was using the 1st version untill the update, was working verry good before the update!

Hope to hear from you

JP, the update in "post 258" you leave the match prep. the same as in the opening post??

Was using the 1st version untill the update, was working verry good before the update!

Hope to hear from you

I do yes.

IMO the winger and BPD tweaks I've made are mainly suitable if your target man is not a great aerial target.

I think the poacher through balls is the most crucial tweak for the way I like the team to play. It really increases the target man's goals for my team. But it all depends on the type of target man you have. My target man is more of a complete forward and so he benefits from having the poacher play him in, more than having the wingers bomb in crosses.

edit: I also really like the playmaker unticked, but similar to my other tweaks, the GK long kick is rather unsuccessful for me.

Same here, my target man went 15 hours without scoring a goal..

Same here, my target man went 15 hours without scoring a goal..

I recently tried going back to some of the original settings, from my tweaks, and played a few weeks worth of games; the performances were just so much more random. The good games were still game but the bad games were horrific. Usually with my tweaks I lead the league in away form by a MILE and am top 3 in home form. In FM13 away form is where leagues are won. The best teams in the game (AI controlled) usually lose 5 or 6 away games in the league every season, while drawing about as many, with <+10 goal differential. I usually lose 1-3 with +30 or so.

I'm sticking with my tweaks and the playmaker unticked :)

tactic working great for me started with middlesbrough so decided to give this a try come 3rd in the championship won the playoffs just played my first game of second season was a 1-1 draw at home against united

Hi JP, any idea why the thread of your 4-6-0 tactic is missing?
I'm testing it right now, it is showing great results with Chelsea, and people are looking for it.

Hello JP, that was the tactic i was talking about. the "easy on the eye" 4-6-0 tactic. it works amazing with my tottenham save.
Any chance of uploading it again ?

The only tweaks ive made are unticking the DLP, and making GK long kick to the target man. My target man is a tall old fashioned type TM but his performances have been epic, scored about 4 hatricks and tortured opposition defenders.

View attachment 318531

Hope to hear from you

Yeah everything the same.

Hi JP, any idea why the thread of your 4-6-0 tactic is missing?
I'm testing it right now, it is showing great results with Chelsea, and people are looking for it.

Basically im sick of people stealing my work and passing it of as theirs so i wont be uploading anymore of my tactics for this FM or future FM's. Sorry. Keep up the good work with your thread though, its a interesting read.

Last edited:
Basically im sick of people stealing my work and passing it of as theirs

If I have caused any offence from posting the 352 sweeper tactic yesterday (http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...65-insert-cool-name-sweeper-3-5-2-system.html), I apologise.

I did say in the opening paragraph my reasons for posting fresh, saying you (and drhay) were the inspiration behind it and stating I would happily delete the post if anyone, especially your goodself, were offended by it. I also made constant reference to you throughout.

From my post: "whilst the basic formation remains similar to JPWoody's original tactic, I have changed so many team and individual settings and roles I felt it ok to present this tactic in a new thread. If anyone disagrees, especially JPWoody, by all means delete this thread and revert back to the original, I don't wish to cause any offence here."

Please let me know if I have been part of this and I will gladly delete the post and publicly apologise - or as a mod yourself please just delete the entire thread.

please can someone tell me if this tactic would work with everton? I am looking for a tactic to make a team around and jp woody has helped me in the past any help will be gratefully received thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.