Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering, would it make much a differance if I changed the CM(A) to Advance playmaker (A)

IMO the position plays very much like an advanced playmaker already. He has RWB often and Try Through Ball often. A few clicks of creative freedom won't change the way he plays much.

In my team (Man Utd in 2021), the position plays very much like Iniesta IMO.

No matter how many different tactics i try out, yours are the ones i keep coming back to, woody! Great job as always!
What i've found out with this latest one though, is that it works even better (for me atleast) if you change passing to direct. In my opinion, this utilizes the players roles in a better way.

I have tried this (change passing to direc) mate, and this is absolutely brilliant.
I had this big crisis with Celtic and immediatly I won 4-0 vs Aberdeen, 8-2 against Inverness and 4-1 against Motherwell.

Woody, What would you say is the most important position to have the right player in? (If that makes sense)

A decent CB and target man are a must. Concentrate on the spine of the team first.

No matter how many different tactics i try out, yours are the ones i keep coming back to, woody! Great job as always!
What i've found out with this latest one though, is that it works even better (for me atleast) if you change passing to direct. In my opinion, this utilizes the players roles in a better way.

Interesting, ill give it a try.

I've made a few slight changes to not be so wasteful with possession. I lowered the BPD through balls all to "sometimes". I lowered the wingers crossing to "sometimes" (although if you have a Crouch-type target man you can probably leave it at often), and I increased the poacher's through balls to "sometimes" so he has an outlet if he's about to get tackled and the target man is running from deep.

This isn't designed to increase possession, just to not be so wasteful. Sometimes I would go through a whole game where the only attempted attack my team would do would be to bomb the ball forward from defense. I want that to be an option, but not quite so favored, especially against teams who play deep. I think this was the reason the tactic would sometimes go several games with almost no chances created.

No harm in tweaking a tactic to suite how you want to play. Hope they're successful for you.

Last edited:
got tactic to work using direct pass instead of short passing

Last edited:

wow i've just changed my passing to direct & beat Man City 3-0, Beat Arsenal 4-1 with Blackburn in 2015. Thanks

do i set up my own training or leave it to assistant, sorry if you have already said.

I also have very good result when I exchange passes directly.

last result: Braga 0-4 udinese

No harm in tweaking a tactic to suite how you want to play. Hope they're successful for you.

These tweaks have been enormously successful for me. My poacher leads the team in assists and the defenders behave much more intelligently. The wingers are much more likely to pick out an intelligent cross instead of launching the ball in with no real goal in mind.

It's just my preference, I felt my players were being wasteful in possession with some of their "often" instructions and wanted to cut it down so they could use their intelligence more.

The tactic is a fantastic base and I love that it is so simple yet effective.

These tweaks have been enormously successful for me. My poacher leads the team in assists and the defenders behave much more intelligently. The wingers are much more likely to pick out an intelligent cross instead of launching the ball in with no real goal in mind.

It's just my preference, I felt my players were being wasteful in possession with some of their "often" instructions and wanted to cut it down so they could use their intelligence more.

The tactic is a fantastic base and I love that it is so simple yet effective.

Which tweaks are these? I'm interested to see as there's always room for improvement

I've made a few slight changes to not be so wasteful with possession. I lowered the BPD through balls all to "sometimes". I lowered the wingers crossing to "sometimes" (although if you have a Crouch-type target man you can probably leave it at often), and I increased the poacher's through balls to "sometimes" so he has an outlet if he's about to get tackled and the target man is running from deep.

This isn't designed to increase possession, just to not be so wasteful. Sometimes I would go through a whole game where the only attempted attack my team would do would be to bomb the ball forward from defense. I want that to be an option, but not quite so favored, especially against teams who play deep. I think this was the reason the tactic would sometimes go several games with almost no chances created.

These are the tweaks I made. The poacher one is most important for my team. I think the BPD ones are pretty important too.

There was one game where my wingers tried 30 crosses and only completed 5. And I have a 6'1" Striker with 16 jumping. So I lowered the crossing.

I also lowered the poacher and CMA tackling to normal.

Would this work with a Counter or Control strategy? Just wondering what JP and others opinions would be on this.

This tatic is simply immense. 1st season with Spurs was goign down the pan, then i tried this tactic. Ended up finishing 4th and getting to the Europa League final.

Heres my team...any sugestions on how i could improve it to suit this tactic??

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Would this work with a Counter or Control strategy? Just wondering what JP and others opinions would be on this.

I have been using it with the mentality strategy of Loversleaper over at SIforums. See his thread for details: Sports Interactive Community

It improved my away form a bit. Results felt less random. The lowest I ever went with a master-class side was standard.

I feel like I'm hijacking Woody's thread here haha, but I'm having a ton of results and alot of experience with the tactic and just want to help.

Last edited:
I'm finding this very hard, Although I may be winning/unbeaten, I'm getting very frustrated with my midfield

Here's my team:

Starting 11:
83f978bd4bc1ee5a723fb732c19fa430_zps0cb46a67.png

Second 11:
92a397254ffec143d962717a35940a63_zpsaf94553c.png

As you can see, The midfield is very rarely involved in anything. Bale, Kroos, Gundogan and Douglas Costa are never present and very rarely a key part of an attack. It's a real shame cause I bought them thinking they would play a main part in my team, But I guess it's just the defense and attackers who are the real show.

Also, I'm struggling away from home, The opponents seem to destroy us in every aspect of the game when it comes to away games. But home form is fairly solid, Not scoring as much as I would like to and in-fact expect a team of my caliber to. I have some sensational players here but look very nervous in front of goal. Even Van Persie and Rooney have struggled in-front of the net, Welbeck and Hernandez seem to be outclassing them at the moment.

I will continue to use the formation, Cause I'm a massive fan of your work and I appreciate the time and effort you put into making these tactics. I've also pretty much sold all my full backs and only have about 1 Million left to spend. So I would have to start a new game if I were to use a different tactic (My fault completely).

Thanks for the tactic!

I'm finding this very hard, Although I may be winning/unbeaten, I'm getting very frustrated with my midfield

Here's my team:

Starting 11:
83f978bd4bc1ee5a723fb732c19fa430_zps0cb46a67.png

Second 11:
92a397254ffec143d962717a35940a63_zpsaf94553c.png

As you can see, The midfield is very rarely involved in anything. Bale, Kroos, Gundogan and Douglas Costa are never present and very rarely a key part of an attack. It's a real shame cause I bought them thinking they would play a main part in my team, But I guess it's just the defense and attackers who are the real show.

Also, I'm struggling away from home, The opponents seem to destroy us in every aspect of the game when it comes to away games. But home form is fairly solid, Not scoring as much as I would like to and in-fact expect a team of my caliber to. I have some sensational players here but look very nervous in front of goal. Even Van Persie and Rooney have struggled in-front of the net, Welbeck and Hernandez seem to be outclassing them at the moment.

I will continue to use the formation, Cause I'm a massive fan of your work and I appreciate the time and effort you put into making these tactics. I've also pretty much sold all my full backs and only have about 1 Million left to spend. So I would have to start a new game if I were to use a different tactic (My fault completely).

Thanks for the tactic!

How many new signings have you made and how long have you used the tactic for? It makes a huge difference no matter how good the players you're buying are.

I have been using it with the mentality strategy of Loversleaper over at SIforums. See his thread for details: Sports Interactive Community

It improved my away form a bit. Results felt less random. The lowest I ever went with a master-class side was standard.

I feel like I'm hijacking Woody's thread here haha, but I'm having a ton of results and alot of experience with the tactic and just want to help.

Thanks for the link. An excellent read.

What a superb tactic you've created here.

Started using it at the back end of the season so it's took a while to gel, but in the new season I'm top of the league PL with my Bournemouth squad.

Made the tweaks which some suggested regarding the direct passing and it's worked well. With this tactic the ball playing defenders seem so calm with the ball and looks for the pass to the DLP.

I'm only 12 games into the season and I'm not expecting to win the league yet but hope to get a european spot for the first time.

Thanks for sharing this great tactic.

Uploaded a couple screenshots (BTW Wolves is my bogey team, everyone has one right??)

View attachment 312614View attachment 312615

I have played 10 games with Inter, won 9, drew 1. Very good tactic! I didn't change anything, just followed your instructions from the OP.

Nice job JP!

Status
Not open for further replies.