Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi JP,

Massive fan of all your previous tactics, favorite one ever was last seasons 4-4-2 i think. A real golden tactic that was, is there any chance of getting a 4-4-2 for the latest version of the game? Not sure how well the 4-4-2 one works. Also wondered if you recommend this tactic or any of your others for lower leagues like the blue square south with players that are not necessarily the most talented in the world. Thanks very much..

Hi JP,

Massive fan of all your previous tactics, favorite one ever was last seasons 4-4-2 i think. A real golden tactic that was, is there any chance of getting a 4-4-2 for the latest version of the game? Not sure how well the 4-4-2 one works. Also wondered if you recommend this tactic or any of your others for lower leagues like the blue square south with players that are not necessarily the most talented in the world. Thanks very much..

This tactic has been used in the lower leagues with success. I've also been told my 442 attack for 13.2.2 still works on this patch although ive not used it myself.

Hi JP
can you please tell me the team instructions or anyone as I cannot download the tactic?
thanks..

Same with me, Home form is fairly solid, Beat teams with ease usually 2-0 or 3-0. But it's a whole different story away from home, The team suddenly are unable to defend no matter if I play my first or second team, Just can't defend. Leak goals way to easily away from home.

I don't know weather it's the Home advantage being way to big of a deal or I'm doing something wrong?

If your on your second season, have you started it so badly? Like every team knows how you play and you can't score?

Hi Woody can i play with a right footed on left side midifield and viceversa?

View attachment 313418View attachment 313419

Hi! This are my results with Stoke. Start using your tactic since the loss to Everton for the League cup. As you can see, I've managed to get some great results. The only loss was to United in a game where we were 3-2 up but stupid Kightly make 2 mistakes.
Walters is banging upfront as Poacher. He's the top scorer in the league and he's giving me precious goals. Shawcross is a beast, 16 games played with a rating of 7.75. Amazing! These 2 are my top players.
My expectation are of course overcame. From here, what come, we'll be amazing.
Good work sir!
Cheers

If your on your second season, have you started it so badly? Like every team knows how you play and you can't score?

Exactly the same happened to me, started terrible after finishing 2nd in the PL. However the average age of my starting 11 is 22 years with the oldest player being 27. Thought the age might have something to do with it possibly.

Last edited:
Exactly the same happened to me, started terrible after finishing 2nd in the PL. However the average age of my starting 11 is 22 years with the oldest player being 27. Thought the age might have something to do with it possibly.

When you started badly had you bought and sold many players in the closed season? As you can see from my screenshots ive not really suffered this problem although I did mention in the OP that summer transfers tend to cause a slow start.

When you started badly had you bought and sold many players in the closed season? As you can see from my screenshots ive not really suffered this problem although I did mention in the OP that summer transfers tend to cause a slow start.

Bought a couple of players preseason then bought a few more mid season, but due to alot of injuries ended up having to use them. I still think its the average age of the team and the lack of an old head. I'll also add that most of my players are foreign which could also add to the problems.

Hi JP
can you please tell me the team instructions or anyone as I cannot download the tactic?
thanks..
ScreenShot2013-02-22at234159_zpsb1ea0821.png

I only bought 2/3 players in pre season, (Bocchetti and Lichsteiner) but my team couldn't score and I didn't win a game until October. Ended up sacked in January, early Feb.

I only bought 2/3 players in pre season, (Bocchetti and Lichsteiner) but my team couldn't score and I didn't win a game until October. Ended up sacked in January, early Feb.

You said in this thread that you've changed/edited the tactic though?

Looks alot similar to JP Woody's Conte Style 3-5-2, which I am using just now, ironically I've changed roles of certain players and its ended up looking like this. It's a nicely made tactic right enough!

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...863-3-1-4-2-like-youve-never-seen-before.html

This tactic is pretty much just a TC tactic, and all the roles there are different.... it would be hard to make a case that anything was copied. Unless the edited set piece instructions were exactly the same.

As promised, screenshots from the end of my last season.

First choice BPD_Cover. My head of youth development signed him on a free from Ligue 2 in France several seasons ago. This is why I let them find players and I confirm the signing!
View attachment 313787

First choice CM_Attack. Scored 2 goals including Game-winner and a direct free kick in CL final. Bought from Barcelona for US $2.5 million when he was 16.
View attachment 313788

First choice DLP_D. Probably best player I've ever had in FM. Bought for US $19.5 million from Belgian pro league
View attachment 313789

First choice Poacher. 27 goals 15 assists. Bought for 10 million from swiss super league. As you'll see, I also have Neymar, but I just bought him this year at age 29 and he took most of the year to settle in. He was a sub and played in most of the cup matches.
View attachment 313790

First choice Target Man. Scored 36 goals and had 21 assists. Led team in both categories by far.
View attachment 313791

25 man registered squad in EPL and CL.
View attachment 313792

EPL results, split by home and away. A ridiculous 19W 0D 0L at home with 69 GF and 5 GA. I experiemented with match prep and mentality away from home and settled on ALWAYS attacking movement, with starting out as control or standard mentality and judging things dynamically from there.
View attachment 313793

Main screen showing 67 matches played, 199 GF (3.0/game), 31 GA (0.5/game), and dominating the world. 4th straight EPL and CL title. Using my tweaks posted in this thread.
View attachment 313794

Finished incredible first season with Napoli. In the second half of season, i´ve been using three mentality combo. Here it is:

Last edited by a moderator:
This tactic is pretty much just a TC tactic, and all the roles there are different.... it would be hard to make a case that anything was copied. Unless the edited set piece instructions were exactly the same.

I wasn't saying anything about the other guy or that tactic. I know that tactic is not the same as this. Was making the point to celt that maybe the reason he's not having much success with this tactic is because he's fiddled with it and changed it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.