Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not doing so good with this tactic. I'm playing with creteil a french third division team. I'm not losing, but i'm not winning either. Most of the time i'm leading with two or more goals against weak teams and i end up with a draw. The 11.2 version was far more effective. My season with the 11.3 version so far:View attachment 170345

My experience with this tactic: (I'm playing Chelsea btw)

Home, winning only versus small mid table teams, draw versus big teams..
Away, losing versus big teams, and draw or sometimes win versus small mid table teams...

Opponent always have more possession, shoots and shoots on target..

W 4 D 6 L 1 in Premier League ...

Got sacked from Chelsea, now I'm in Lazio and this tactic works ******' perfect!

Last edited:
hiya jp woody i like yer work just wondering is there any preferences to which position should be my main playmaker or targetman ?

thanks

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

can someone please help as im trying this tactic with newcastle and getting absolutely slaughtered

will try the tactic out by using randomize for my team selection, tried with chelski and was good but got bored and used the wrong sized pitch, went for small for some reason.

Been following you tactical developments since 2009, will most likely have a update tomorrow

Just loaded up a game with Dortmund and will use this tactic. Will post screenshots as and when

Ended up starting a game as Juventus and used this tactic. My first team is:

Buffon
De Ceglie
Motta
Bonucci
Chiellini
Melo
Marchiso
Pepe
Barnetta
Del Piero
Iaquinta

Started the season off well, winning the first 6 games. Infact, out of the first 17 I won 10, drew 5 and lost 2. However, it's the two defeats that have me worried. 0-1 at home to Fiorentina and 0-2 at home to Sampdoria. Sampdoria are now 6 points clear of me.

i used this tactic for Palermo and finished second in my first season and got beat in the final of the italian cup 2-0 by Juve. In the Euro cup Ath madrid beat me 5-0 away to knock me out but they were the only two defeats i had in the second half of the season. The first half of the season was a bit of hit and miss but once my players got used to the formation it felt like i was cheating the way i was taking teams apart.

In season 2 with a few signing and a few departures i won the league by 7 points, won the Italian cup 4-1 against Genoa and got beat by Porto in the champions league final 2-0.

I just took over from the retiring Fergie at united and just finished pre-season winning all my matches.

Palermo wont sell me Pastore and he was amazing for me there, I think he scored something like 25 goals and 30 assists for me. is there anyone else you could recommend who could come close.

Thanks JP brilliant tactic for me.

Finally gave up on this tactic. My results with Juventus were getting worse even though I wasnt doing anything different. Culminated in getting horsed 4-0 by Inter

Something seems to have gone wrong for me with boro. Came second in championship but prem is killing me:

Last edited:
Let him play how he wants to.

Congrats on not getting the idea at all. My point is, trying tactics with Real Madrid, Barca, Man, Chelsea etc. isn't really testing a tactic, as you can hardly fail with any of the default tactics either. That is, if you fail at all with teams like that, consider another game.

Congrats on not getting the idea at all. My point is, trying tactics with Real Madrid, Barca, Man, Chelsea etc. isn't really testing a tactic, as you can hardly fail with any of the default tactics either. That is, if you fail at all with teams like that, consider another game.

tbh gotta agree with opacus you can't test a tactic with the best teams in the world and if you lose with them teams you are pretty special XD

OK- I know I'm probably doing something really stupid but how do you download the file. It comes up as a tac file that I don't know how to use. Probably cos I'm doing soemthing really stupid.

Any help? I really want to check out this tactic.

Overall the tactic is very good, but I seem to struggle at home. In my fourth season with Millwall and have beat Arsenal, Spurs, Man United etc away but lose regularly at home to rubbish like Wolves and Newcastle. I've got the pitch set to the minimum dimensions and it's starting to annoy me now, latest being a 4-0 home defeat in the cup to Bolton!

Av noticed the **** taking of me tryin it with Real Madrid,

I have now tested it with Brentford,

season 1, 12th league 1
season 2, 12th league 1
season 3, 3rd playoff winner
season 4, 5or4 but lost in the playoffs anyway
season 5, came second
season 6, jumped ship to a new club, chelsea

Well I'm dominating the Blue Square North division with Blyth Spartans. If that's not testing the tactic out I don't know what is.

Well, first of all I have to thank Woody's for keep posting his work here despite the ungratefulness of some.

Unfortunately, that's where the nicest thing I have to say about the tactic ends here. It's far from the quality of previous tactics designed by Woody as it keeps my team with world class players (rated 3 - Good - for the most part) failing in the CL knockout rounds after 4 seasons.

Keep in mind that I use the Wolfsong's Teamtalk Guide since 2 years from now; don't buy more than 5 players per season and 1 or 2 of those ever enter in the squad - the rest are loaned; I'm playing with Boavista complete tweaked with heavy financial power - so alot of money was invested with players like Lukaku, Bryan Ruíz, Willian, C. Ansaldi, Ljaljc, Nkoulou, Phil Jones, etc.

Thing is, this tactic doesn't seem to outplay other formations, it just keeps things balanced. For e.g., I faced Real Madrid in the semi-final of the CL when domestically in bad form and yet I lost by a fingertip. However, when facing a M. United 1st in the Premier League I stood no chance and likewise against other top teams.

I remember that the last time I used a Woody's tactic I immediately won everything there was, including the CL with Benfica right in the 1st season. This tactic unfortunately seems to allow some defensive breaches in decisive moments.

After 4 seasons I will call it quits. I'm willing to post screenies if anyone needs proof.

Keep it up though Woody's, I'm sure your next one will come out better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.